QB update

The question is, if Ganz is selected, ( I doubt ), will the other one pull up his panties and run away again. I think it has happened before.

Good question..........

If Ganz is selected Keller wont go anywhere...he hsa no eligibility left. Am I right on this?

correct ....unless he simply declares for the NFL

If he withdrew from school, could he not go to a division 2 program, or just set out the year and play somewhere else like he did here?

He can't go somewhere and sit out a year - that's essentially burning your redshirt, except you are doing it for purposes of transferring. He's done that once - can't do it again.

As for a lower division, I'm not sure. Certainly, he can for an NAIA, but I don't think so for any NCAA division at this point. Regardless, I don't see it happening - he wants the NFL, and a second transfer for the same circumstances would scare a helluva lot of teams off.

I think we are putting too much faith in a player that has not played a down since an injury that took him out of the game for nearly two years. If he was or is the Hypsman type player, Ganz must have made some improvements.

I do not believe BC would make that type of guarantee. He needs to prove he is the best. With both getting the exact same amount of snaps still, there is some question in someones mind.

I think he is probably the starter, but if he isn't what will his attitude be. Will he work to do the job if needed or will he do as he has in the past.

We seem to forget the reason he is here is because the team did not want him as the QB, for what ever reason. I am not getting that feeling here. He seems to be making a good name for himself with the players. That is important for his future in the NFL to.

I hope he is all we are hoping for. I just have concerns of what we will see if and I mean a big IF Ganz gets the starting role.

I think we are putting too much faith in a player that has not played a down since an injury that took him out of the game for nearly two years. If he was or is the Hypsman type player, Ganz must have made some improvements.

I do not believe BC would make that type of guarantee. He needs to prove he is the best. With both getting the exact same amount of snaps still, there is some question in someones mind.

I think he is probably the starter, but if he isn't what will his attitude be. Will he work to do the job if needed or will he do as he has in the past.

We seem to forget the reason he is here is because the team did not want him as the QB, for what ever reason. I am not getting that feeling here. He seems to be making a good name for himself with the players. That is important for his future in the NFL to.

I hope he is all we are hoping for. I just have concerns of what we will see IF Ganz gets the starting role.

I don't know Sam well at all..Never even met him.

I felt at the time (last year) that his best shot at the NFL was by staying here (ASU) and in hind sight, He probably could've saved their season and maybe even Koetter's job if he had.

Carpenter really stunk it up early and they only had a Freshman backing him up.

If he did find himself in a similar situation with us, he and his Dad probably both realize that the NFL will find him based just on his skills, no matter how much playing time he gets here..Shoot..NFL people might even think we still run the option and wouldn't recognize a good QB. :sarcasm

Remember when we had Brook Berringer "backing up" Tommie Frazier? How many of you thought Tommy would be drafted before Brook? If I remember right..Brook was expected to go in the 2nd or early 3rd round.

I'll be really disappointed if Sam doesn't get his shot here, and I find it difficult to believe anyone smart enough to coach at a major University would start someone over him just because they have more eligibility left..But Koetter proved me wrong once.

No knock on Ganz..He deserves all the reps he can get...He looked great in the Spring game and I doubt we'd loose a step from the prev. year.

But you'll see Keller playing on Sundays soon..And maybe even Ganz if you live in Europe.

Just to play devil's advocate a little...but just for a second..

Ganz impresses, and Cally has no choice but to start him...what does that do? You have to play the best, but what's the cost? If I had to look at a scenario, I think that Ganz backing up Keller is alot safer (a la Frazier/Berringer) than Keller backing up Ganz (a la Plummer backing up Cutler at Denver)

Not that I want any injuries, but it is a part of football. Not to pretend to know Keller's personality, but I think Ganz coming in at a moment's notice would be far more productive than Keller doing the same thing. In a nutshell, I believe Ganz will have to wait it out and have to hope for his shot, and he is the one that is probably willing to do it without a huge chip on his shoulder.

Think about it...preseason accomodations, Keller this, Keller that...how embarrassing is this for him if he can't even win the starting spot? The media has made this an almost impossible situation for Callahan, and an unfortunate one for Ganz even if he is playing that well.

I want the best guy out there, but based on everything, Keller will get it...regardless of fall camp. I think he is talented enough to prove to me that this is all just a non-issue, and that's great if that is the case.

The media has made this an almost impossible situation for Callahan, and an unfortunate one for Ganz even if he is playing that well.

It's only an impossible situation IF Callahan wants to name Ganz as the starter. If not, it's about as painless of a situation as you can have.

Shouldn't be too much longer before we hear that Keller is the starter. <_<

Will this most likely come in the first depth chart thats released game week? I hpoe its earlier but im not holding my breath.

I would be willing to bet that we won't hear who the starter is until they release the first offical depth chart on August 28th. But we all have a pretty good feeling on who we think its going to be. dedhoarse

Yes, everyone has made this an impossible situation. How would it look to NFL scouts if Keller leaves ASU for NU and can't even win the starting job here? I'm not vegas, but I'd give 99 to 1 at this point in time. No way Ganz starts. The only way Ganz starts will be after the first game or two if Keller completely stinks up the place or gets injured. Judging by past history, I wouldn't want Keller to come into the game if he isn't named the starter. He has a tendency to tuck tail and run.

If anyone is really that concerned, I have a 100 bucks that says Keller starts barring injury. Anyone wanna take that bet?