“For the first time in my life,” ...“I think there are going to be fewer than 15,000 Nebraska

“These arrogant Nebraska fans,” DeSimone said, “they think they’re so entitled to be great because they were once great.”

• it isn't arrogance if it's the truth: we are better than missouri.
  • our 'greatness' isn't past tense: it's here and it's now.

Two things:

first, we've already hit it on the head: Missouri is often the trendy pick, but they always find a way to lose a couple of games that they shouldn't. That's why they're Missouri. My prediction is that the NU/MU game won't even be for the North title, because they'll be out of it before we get there.

second, you gotta love the Missouri fan's quote. "Those Nebraska fans think they're entitled to be great just because they were once great." That's classic. Hey, a$$hole, what about teams that were never great? You know, like you guys.

You kill me, Tiger fans. Keep up the good work.

c-husker

:rollin:clap:rollin:clap

“These arrogant Nebraska fans,” DeSimone said, “they think they’re so entitled to be great because they were once great.”
  • it isn't arrogance if it's the truth: we are better than missouri.
  • our 'greatness' isn't past tense: it's here and it's now.

Nicely said Hack. I caught that bitter little comment that was said too.

DJR - what is up about the wedding on gameday? You are definately going to be scoring some points that day - as much as it will be killing you inside. 'Sokay bro... as long as you get the Telee to watch it.

Bah!!!

We will show up anyway looking to buy tickets off of scalpers like a crack addict looking for a dealer to get a fix.

Nah, confidence is not a drug addiction...it's knowing that your opponent has never had any lofty success on any level, and since you have...it makes sense to pay to see the better bet.

Just bought 4 tickets on stubhub for $500 after reading these posts, especially Husker X, man that dude gets me pumped up! I'll be coming from CA for the game and I've never been to a game in Mizzery, is there anything I need to know? Like will it be safe to bring the wife and kids or should I just bring the fellas so we have a fighting chance?

Just bought 4 tickets on stubhub for $500 after reading these posts, especially Husker X, man that dude gets me pumped up! I'll be coming from CA for the game and I've never been to a game in Mizzery, is there anything I need to know? Like will it be safe to bring the wife and kids or should I just bring the fellas so we have a fighting chance?

Go drink alot at Harpo's, plan on listening to alot of moronic Missourians talk alot of sh*t about Chase and Pinkel and how they hope to God their wife/significant other is the lovechild of these two. I wouldn't suggest your kids go, but if your wife can yell alot and doesn't mind smelling better than a rotted fast-food dumpster crematorium which would offend the Missouri ladies because they are exactly that...then yeah...take her!

And $500?!?! Ouch. Well, I guess it makes sense considering Missery has made sure no Nebraska fans will show up :rolleyes:

All I can say is that it doesn't speak too highly of your program if having fewer than 15,000 Nebraska fans in your stadium is a big accomplishment.

Someone above stated that if Missouri loses a couple games prior to this one then interest in this game will drop - that's the absolute truth. I live in KC and the first half of last season Missouri fans were coming out of the woodwork. When their schedule got tougher and they started losing suddenly all the 'fans' disappeared. The interest in their bowl game was so low that some rich alumni actually offered transportation and lodging for any Missouri student who would go to their bowl game. Of course, even though they only had to pay for the ticket, there were still few takers.