ISU LOSING TO KENT STATE!!!!

Granted, you're all celebrating and laughing at ISU, but to be honest...with the exception of this happening to CU...sidenote, as long as NU smokes them(and I love and hate Montana St., btw)...this is really awful. Have any of you paid any attention to what the National Media is saying? That any team from the Big 12 South can come in, and win the North?!? Ok, so it was the Extreme Sports and Poker Network that said it, but this isn't really good. If we all hope that NU is as good as they should be, our credibility will still take a huge hit if we breeze through a division that plays teams that can't beat Kent f'ing State at home.

I'll be the first to admit I want my Huskers to go 14-0...But would I rather they went 14-0 and finished 3rd in the BCS than 13-1 and be National Champions? Yeah, laugh at it, but anymore you are only as respected as who you play. If Nebraska is better-than-advertised this year sitting at #20, and NU doesn't play USC, how fast will we advance through the rankings beating the likes of ISU?

Not saying this is relevent...yet...but something to think about.

The saddest part of ISU losing that game is they only lost by 9. It could have been and should have been a 30 pt beat down. Kent State turned the ball over 3 times on the goal line. Two fumbles inside 6 yards and an interception from the 9. ISUcks, I wonder if Cyclown Clyde still thinks Bret Myer will be all big 12. The guy can't even get over on a middle of the pack MAAC team. What a joke, the big 12 should drop those clowns and pick up someone else. They are a black eye on our conference, probably worse than Baylor is at this point.

Granted, you're all celebrating and laughing at ISU, but to be honest...with the exception of this happening to CU...sidenote, as long as NU smokes them(and I love and hate Montana St., btw)...this is really awful. Have any of you paid any attention to what the National Media is saying? That any team from the Big 12 South can come in, and win the North?!? Ok, so it was the Extreme Sports and Poker Network that said it, but this isn't really good. If we all hope that NU is as good as they should be, our credibility will still take a huge hit if we breeze through a division that plays teams that can't beat Kent f'ing State at home.

I'll be the first to admit I want my Huskers to go 14-0...But would I rather they went 14-0 and finished 3rd in the BCS than 13-1 and be National Champions? Yeah, laugh at it, but anymore you are only as respected as who you play. If Nebraska is better-than-advertised this year sitting at #20, and NU doesn't play USC, how fast will we advance through the rankings beating the likes of ISU?

:yeah

I don't understand why people celebrate losses by conference teams to other conferences. It makes no sense. Regardless if its ISU, OU, CU or KSU....you want them to look good against all other competition, because it reflects on the entire conference (I.E. - If they look bad, it can make us look bad.) Wake up people, the Big XII is spotting the Big 10, SEC and Pac-10 a lead from the get-go.

:yeah

I don't understand why people celebrate losses by conference teams to other conferences. It makes no sense. Regardless if its ISU, OU, CU or KSU....you want them to look good against all other competition, because it reflects on the entire conference (I.E. - If they look bad, it can make us look bad.) Wake up people, the Big XII is spotting the Big 10, SEC and Pac-10 a lead from the get-go.

I agree.

I laughed at first hearing that, but it's disappointing. I didn't hear much about Iowa State in the news, so I wasn't sure what we would see. Hopefully this was just a first game mishap and they'll get better.

Where's that cyclone guy now?

I was wondering the same thing. His post is pretty funny now: :lol:

Its widely speculated that Chezik took the job at tISU because of the potential he saw in Meyer. Their will NOT be a drop off. Their will be an vast improvement! To put it into contex for you husker fans, it will be tISU vs NU 2002 all over again in 2007!

Well i thought it was sad but not a tragedy! I understand that it makes the North seem weak but that is a reality and as long as we have all the poorly funded, never-been, trailer-trash teams in the North it will always be this way. So I am not going to be upset because ISU lost, they are just beginning to lose and they will likely end up where CU ended last year carrying the torch of coaching change. ISU will be mediocre again one day my friends but not 07.' While I didn't see this loss coming it just confirms the fact that this year was going to be rough. Hey it builds character or something like that. Good luck ISU on the rest of your season, I hope you pull it together soon. For the sake of yourselves not the conference. Its not like we kick people out for poor performance. <_<