Wake coach quote on Nebraska fans...

NOTICE

If you are at a game and see or hear some loudmouth jackass talking trash to the opposing team please have the balls to say something to them and help preserve this great tradition. Champions arent always the winners of the game, keep Nebraska the classiest place in the nation. :hellloooo

But if I'm at the NU- CU game in Boulder, surely I should allowed to talk some trash. Its almost impossible not to. I can't be provoked that many times and not act!!!

I'm not alone on this am I?

CU fans have to be treated like the classy fans they are!

CU- the new Baylor.

Since there was some consensus in this thread topic about rooting for the opposing teams, I just wanted some clarification if that were true of ALL opponents, including hated Oklahoma and Colorado. I didn't expect there would be confusion on this...sorry!

I just know that after the biggest upset in college history, the celebrating in East Lansing, Michigan continues...that's what you do with your most hated rival.

Well, this is how it works for me.

When the conference is looking good, I don't mind seeing people like Colorado (who I hate with a true passion because of their fans) lose out of conference games. When the conference is looking bad, like it has been lately, I'd like to see all Big XII teams do well, even if I would like to see their school removed from the conference (again, Colorado). When it comes to in conference games, I'd rather the teams Nebraska has to play do at least reasonably well, so we look better. Obviously I always want Nebraska in the Big XII Championship game, so anyone that has to lose to make that happen is getting rooted against in that case.

When it comes to behavior towards fans, whether I go to an away game or they are coming to Lincoln, I treat them all with respect, even if I hate their school. Sadly that is definitely not how it works with fans in several Big XII schools...

Edit - And yeah, I'll cheer just as loud even if it's Colorado that comes into Memorial and beats Nebraska.

The biggest rival of my alma mater is Western Michigan. The difference between our game and other major rival games is EVERYONE gets together after the game and parties - CMU and Western fans alike. It's a friendly hated rival...no trashing of cars or fans, or anything like that. Usually you see brown and gold mixed in with the Maroon and Gold all over the stadium. This is mostly because so many CMU students have friends that attend Western.

Kinda stupid to beat up the car of your best friend even if they are a hated Bronco, ya know??? But then, maybe Colorado-ians (???) are stupid??!!!

Some stadiums, they are just jerks - and drunk jerks at that. I find it rediculous when people get offended when you're rooting for your team when it's their opponant. Everyone has the right to root for whatever team they want to root for - and if it's your opponent du jour, well, so be it. This happened to me a lot when I lived in Kansas City. I'm a Tigers fan (and Pistons, and Lions, and RedWings), and those stupid Royals fans were mad at me because I didn't root for the Royals! They actually believed that since I lived in Kansas City, I had to root for the local teams. Sheesh!!

I hate... I MEAN HATE notre dame (no caps on purpose as a sign of total disrespect). Their starting QB last Saturday is this great kid from Chicago who I met at a dinner a couple years ago. Now, I rooted for n.d. to lose, but rooted FOR Demetrius. But I would never trash the car of an n.d. fan...throw up on it, but never trash it. LOL!!

Yes Husker fans are classy. I guess that's why I have to adjust to the home crowd when I go to a Nebraska away game. At the USC game the fans were yelling "Get back to the farm you f-ing hick" and other similar insults. There were some in the section where I was sitting who were throwing peanuts at the Husker fans whenever they stood to cheer. I was sitting over the tunnel and when the Huskers left the field for halftime the USC fans were booing. I turned around to a couple of guys behind me and asked if they were seriously booing the visiting team when USC was winning. This is all not to mention the drunk idiot in the restroom that wanted to bring up the score of the NU/Miami Rose bowl. His exact quote "What was the score of that Rose Bowl?....I don't know I can't count that high." To which I responded, "You must have graduated from USC, at Nebraska we can count."

I have experienced similar crap from other crowds, but the best non-NU fans I have seen a game with (of course it was a neutral site) were the Tennessee fans at the Fiesta Bowl in 1999 (2000?).

Yes Husker fans are classy. I guess that's why I have to adjust to the home crowd when I go to a Nebraska away game. At the USC game the fans were yelling "Get back to the farm you f-ing hick" and other similar insults. There were some in the section where I was sitting who were throwing peanuts at the Husker fans whenever they stood to cheer. I was sitting over the tunnel and when the Huskers left the field for halftime the USC fans were booing. I turned around to a couple of guys behind me and asked if they were seriously booing the visiting team when USC was winning. This is all not to mention the drunk idiot in the restroom that wanted to bring up the score of the NU/Miami Rose bowl. His exact quote "What was the score of that Rose Bowl?....I don't know I can't count that high." To which I responded, "You must have graduated from USC, at Nebraska we can count."

I have experienced similar crap from other crowds, but the best non-NU fans I have seen a game with (of course it was a neutral site) were the Tennessee fans at the Fiesta Bowl in 1999 (2000?).

Deal with some of the Iowa and Iowa State fans around here. You would think they both have won numerous national championships or something. I was golfing once and I have a Nebraska golf bag and this Iowa State fan comes up behind me and says "The N stands for knowledge" obviously original right?! So I say to him "No the N stands for 5 national championships, but you wouldn't know nothing about that would ya???" Then I have an Iowa fan start running his mouth about Nebraska so I go into the consecutive sellouts, winning traditions, championships, heisman winners, etc., etc. and I tell him that it's so rare for anyone at Iowa to do anything remotely exciting that the only guy to win a Heisman for your school had a freakin stadium named after him!!!!