How long can Coz keep looking bad?

All of you Kool Aid drinkers are unbelievable. Once again many of you go straight to the – it was the players fault, or the – it’s not Coz’s fault the linebackers are too slow. And I love the – hey at least they only gave up 17 points. Okay, I can see, you are all ready to accept another year of mediocrity. Sure it was only 17 points, but it should have been at least 27 – 30 points. Do you all forget the pass that was dropped when their receiver was five yards behind Green. Should have been an easy TD. And that pass that was picked by Bowman, that was a bad decision by their back-up QB. If the starter had been in the game, he throws that ball out of the end zone and they kick a field goal. And don’t forget, they ran for 236 yards. That is exactly 117 times as many yards as they ran for against Boston College. (Not 117 more yards, A HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN TIMES AS MANY YARDS). Our defense has been pathetic for three (now going on four) years now. You cannot blame the players. Coz is the defensive coordinator. He should be coordinating the defense. He should be recruiting fast linebackers. It is absolutely his fault that we have big slow linebackers now instead of the fast guys we had in the `90’s and early 2000’s. That is the type of player HE wants at that position. So when you see a RB or a tight end eat up one of our linebackers (the only real exception is Octavian), then you have nobody else to blame but Coz.

If you all want to be happy that we were lucky enough to escape with a win, if you think that “holding” Wake Forest to 17 (even though we all know it should have been much more) points is good enough then fine. You stay on your knees worshiping at the alter of "the Coz." As for me, I want his sorry A$$ out of here. You may not like it, but if you want to see a really well coordinated defense look toward the Bayou.

I was talking to a Wisconsin fan this past week and he mentioned how happy he is that Coz is gone from there. He was taking all sorts of jabs at NU for still having him on staff. I am not a big fan, but there were some adjustments made in the second half.

I hope Coz can make some adjustments to get some of the "slow" LBs in better position against USC or it could be a long night for the Blackshirts.

All of you Kool Aid drinkers are unbelievable. Once again many of you go straight to the – it was the players fault, or the – it’s not Coz’s fault the linebackers are too slow. And I love the – hey at least they only gave up 17 points. Okay, I can see, you are all ready to accept another year of mediocrity. Sure it was only 17 points, but it should have been at least 27 – 30 points. Do you all forget the pass that was dropped when their receiver was five yards behind Green. Should have been an easy TD. And that pass that was picked by Bowman, that was a bad decision by their back-up QB. If the starter had been in the game, he throws that ball out of the end zone and they kick a field goal. And don’t forget, they ran for 236 yards. That is exactly 117 times as many yards as they ran for against Boston College. (Not 117 more yards, A HUNDRED AND SEVENTEEN TIMES AS MANY YARDS). Our defense has been pathetic for three (now going on four) years now. You cannot blame the players. Coz is the defensive coordinator. He should be coordinating the defense. He should be recruiting fast linebackers. It is absolutely his fault that we have big slow linebackers now instead of the fast guys we had in the `90’s and early 2000’s. That is the type of player HE wants at that position. So when you see a RB or a tight end eat up one of our linebackers (the only real exception is Octavian), then you have nobody else to blame but Coz.

If you all want to be happy that we were lucky enough to escape with a win, if you think that “holding” Wake Forest to 17 (even though we all know it should have been much more) points is good enough then fine. You stay on your knees worshiping at the alter of "the Coz." As for me, I want his sorry A$$ out of here. You may not like it, but if you want to see a really well coordinated defense look toward the Bayou.

"Should have been more?"

Good thing we don't live in "should" land.

And I guess the QB being forced into a bad desicion somehow got through Cosgrove and his defenses' suckdom.

And I know I'll never forget the time Nebraska outgained someone, but didn't score as many points, but won anyway.

dedhoarse:nanalama

We did this sh#t all last season and I'm not going to argue again all season about it....................your right!!!!

I'll second that (and I don't even know what he posted - thank god for the ignore list)! Maybe if we humor him he'll get bored and move on somewhere else or pick another team to bless with his "support".

We did this sh#t all last season and I'm not going to argue again all season about it....................your right!!!!

I'll second that (and I don't even know what he posted - thank god for the ignore list)! Maybe if we humor him he'll get bored and move on somewhere else or pick another team to bless with his "support".

:lol::lol::lol:

How about a rebutal instead of attacking the poster. Some of you are big fans of attacking the poster if you don't like what is said instead of offering an opposing opinion. If the shoe fits.....wear it.

How about a rebutal instead of attacking the poster. Some of you are big fans of attacking the poster if you don't like what is said instead of offering an opposing opinion. If the shoe fits.....wear it.

What he said.

As usual very few of you even look at the facts. Wake rushed for 151 net yards (after sacks) in the second half. that is a majority of their rushing yards. Great adjustments. Seriously, who said he made adjustments and stopped the run? Hello?

I don't recall the poster saying the D stopped the run. Maybe I missed it. I did find this however; "In the second half, each time WF ran that WR reverse, we had guys in position to make the play for little or no gain, the players just didn't make the play." but it refers only to being in position to stop the reverse, not stopping the run.

That said, WOW, does Bo Pelini's defense at LSU look good...they are a scary-looking team. I didn't think Va. Tech had a shot to win, but they had no hope whatsoever. No chance ever.

I almost started a post on this board about Pellini's defense while I was watching that game.

I was pretty amazed at how many times Wake had success with that playground end around variation. Some peoor tackling as well. I'm not ready to run Coz out of town but I don't think he is exactly brilliant over there.

Lots of ranked teams this week struggled with lesser opponents. Most people on this board really underestimated Wkae Forrest as well. Probably don't get to see enough ACC football. I wasn't really surprised at all about a squeeker of a game. I thought we might even lose that one.

We have a pretty solid team that can face adversity and win a close game on the road (with the help of a no-call from the refs).

WOW, does Bo Pelini's defense at LSU look good...they are a scary-looking team. I didn't think Va. Tech had a shot to win, but they had no hope whatsoever. No chance ever.

Bo knows how to put a defense together, that's for sure. Watching the LSU game I couldn't help but think, why did we ever let him go? I don't want to hate on our coaching staff, but BC should have kept him around.

I sure hope we can refocus and give USC a run for their money on Saturday!

:restore:bonez

I was talking to a Wisconsin fan this past week and he mentioned how happy he is that Coz is gone from there. He was taking all sorts of jabs at NU for still having him on staff. I am not a big fan, but there were some adjustments made in the second half.

I hope Coz can make some adjustments to get some of the "slow" LBs in better position against USC or it could be a long night for the Blackshirts.

I know a wisconsin fan that said the same thing...... <_< he's a knowledgeable fan too.