How long can Coz keep looking bad?

WOW, does Bo Pelini's defense at LSU look good...they are a scary-looking team. I didn't think Va. Tech had a shot to win, but they had no hope whatsoever. No chance ever.

Bo knows how to put a defense together, that's for sure. Watching the LSU game I couldn't help but think, why did we ever let him go? I don't want to hate on our coaching staff, but BC should have kept him around.

I sure hope we can refocus and give USC a run for their money on Saturday!

:restore:bonez

Bo only wanted the head coaching job, would not have stayed as d- coordinator. Some of the best defensive coaches don't always work out any way. There must be some reason he isn't a head coach yet. They have one down here in Tucson, maybe you have heard of him "Mike Stoops'. He hasn't had a winning season yet.

GBR!!!

A couple of things. Yes, the D did only let up 17 points. However, Wake was playing with their backup QB that had little to no experience at QB. They didn't score on every turnover as Keller all but handed them the game due to our OL not blocking and giving up what was not a FUMBLE but was ruled an INT. Wake threw an interception into the endzone when Bowman picked off the backup QB. Make no mistake about it, Wake had their fair share of F--K Ups as well considering their receiver dropped what was a sure touchdown in the first half. Their offense ran circles around our D for the better part of the game.

Second, LSU did look unstoppable. I didn't realize Miles had coached under Schembechler(sp) at Michigan once upon a time. Who thinks Miles gets Pelini the head coaching job at Michigan next year? I would guess that Carr finally gets the boot this year. The fans wanted him gone two years ago, and I think they get their wish this year. I don't think he should be fired, but I think the cards have already been dealt. LSU and Oklahoma definitely look good early in the year. McCoy at Texas finally settled down in the second half against TCU. There's still a lot of season left to play.

the only thing i didn't like seeing was Coz's interview with the LSJ yesterday on huskerfootball.com

he basically said, "we didn't make an adjustment to stop the reverse until the 3rd quarter because it was a triple read play...with 3 different options they could audibilize to depending on how we adjusted..."

i don't like him saying this publicly because to me it indicates a few things:

1. they were dictating our response instead of them adjusting to us

2. it sounds like an excuse for letting 2-3 plays burn us over and over

3. players need to believe their coach is putting them in the best position to make plays and if he can't figure it out, they won't

4. he obviously reconginized a problem with a particular set of plays and didn't do anything about it.

personally, i think our D needs more fire and intensity and motor. the truth is, it CAN be taught or coached. nothing our D does seems to be REALLY decisive, almost playing on our heels. i know players make big plays sometimes, but they need to dictate the tempo and intensity and i think that that comes from coaching!!

if we get raped by teams this year without seeming to make quick, decisive, effective adjustments then i would think Cally has to look at another solution.

the only thing i didn't like seeing was Coz's interview with the LSJ yesterday on huskerfootball.com

he basically said, "we didn't make an adjustment to stop the reverse until the 3rd quarter because it was a triple read play...with 3 different options they could audibilize to depending on how we adjusted..."

i don't like him saying this publicly because to me it indicates a few things:

1. they were dictating our response instead of them adjusting to us

2. it sounds like an excuse for letting 2-3 plays burn us over and over

3. players need to believe their coach is putting them in the best position to make plays and if he can't figure it out, they won't

4. he obviously recognized a problem with a particular set of plays and didn't do anything about it.

personally, i think our D needs more fire and intensity and motor. the truth is, it CAN be taught or coached. nothing our D does seems to be REALLY decisive, almost playing on our heels. i know players make big plays sometimes, but they need to dictate the tempo and intensity and i think that that comes from coaching!!

if we get raped by teams this year without seeming to make quick, decisive, effective adjustments then i would think Cally has to look at another solution.

i agree. the cos theory is take little risk and play to react. although he may not be a bad d coordinator he is very vanilla and i think over time he is a liability, not an asset. what cally thinks matters most and so far he is sticking with him. i am won't grade out cos until the end of the season, but i am guessing he won't grade out very high for me. we'll just wait and see.

We did this sh#t all last season and I'm not going to argue again all season about it....................your right!!!!

I'll second that (and I don't even know what he posted - thank god for the ignore list)! Maybe if we humor him he'll get bored and move on somewhere else or pick another team to bless with his "support".

:sarcasm Hello, :sarcasm hello.... :sarcasm Oh that's right, you are ignoring me :sarcasm ....never mind. :sarcasm

A couple of things. Yes, the D did only let up 17 points. However, Wake was playing with their backup QB that had little to no experience at QB. They didn't score on every turnover as Keller all but handed them the game due to our OL not blocking and giving up what was not a FUMBLE but was ruled an INT. Wake threw an interception into the endzone when Bowman picked off the backup QB. Make no mistake about it, Wake had their fair share of F--K Ups as well considering their receiver dropped what was a sure touchdown in the first half. Their offense ran circles around our D for the better part of the game.

Second, LSU did look unstoppable. I didn't realize Miles had coached under Schembechler(sp) at Michigan once upon a time. Who thinks Miles gets Pelini the head coaching job at Michigan next year? I would guess that Carr finally gets the boot this year. The fans wanted him gone two years ago, and I think they get their wish this year. I don't think he should be fired, but I think the cards have already been dealt. LSU and Oklahoma definitely look good early in the year. McCoy at Texas finally settled down in the second half against TCU. There's still a lot of season left to play.

Miles will take the Michigan job. Maybe Pelini gets the LSU job.