Keller and Ganz

This team looks no better then 7-5 maybe an outside chance to be 8-4. I hope I eat my words but its time to look to the future! We are 2-3 years away!

Go ahead and eat them. This board, as well as others would be a lot hotter if we were still that far away. It has been a slow process, yes, but we are 14th in the nation. It's been awhile since we've been where we are.

Considering Purify looked about as sharp as a marble in the Wake game and Hardy and Nunn looked just as sharp in the Nevada game, it's a little early to start the bench Keller banter. He hasn't looked the sharpest so far, but we all knew he was a slinger when he came in here. Maybe, just maybe BC should have named him the starter earlier and given him more reps with the starting unit? I was basically crucified for suggesting this a couple of months ago. The timing is off because he didn't get enough of the reps before the season even started.

It's pretty hard to fault Keller much in the Wake game because the OL was a bit on the leaky side. In the Nevada game, I still think it was a mistake on BC's part for not letting Keller throw the rock for quite a while after he threw the INT early in the game. This made me think that maybe BC doesn't have as much confidence in his QB as he should.

I believe we're going to see a very conservative approach by both coaching staffs in the first quarter Saturday. USC has only one game under their belt and doesn't want an early mistake turned into points pumping up the crowd. BC doesn't want an early mistake hushing the crowd and giving USC the early lead. I think we're going to see a lot of running by both teams the first quarter just feeling one another out. Whether or not BC puts the game in Keller's hands remains to be seen. If we get behind by a couple of TD's, I think he just about has to. If he continues to pound the rock while being down 14 points or more, we may actually hear some boo's from the home crowd.

Considering Purify looked about as sharp as a marble in the Wake game and Hardy and Nunn looked just as sharp in the Nevada game, it's a little early to start the bench Keller banter. He hasn't looked the sharpest so far, but we all knew he was a slinger when he came in here. Maybe, just maybe BC should have named him the starter earlier and given him more reps with the starting unit? I was basically crucified for suggesting this a couple of months ago. The timing is off because he didn't get enough of the reps before the season even started.

It's pretty hard to fault Keller much in the Wake game because the OL was a bit on the leaky side. In the Nevada game, I still think it was a mistake on BC's part for not letting Keller throw the rock for quite a while after he threw the INT early in the game. This made me think that maybe BC doesn't have as much confidence in his QB as he should.

I believe we're going to see a very conservative approach by both coaching staffs in the first quarter Saturday. USC has only one game under their belt and doesn't want an early mistake turned into points pumping up the crowd. BC doesn't want an early mistake hushing the crowd and giving USC the early lead. I think we're going to see a lot of running by both teams the first quarter just feeling one another out. Whether or not BC puts the game in Keller's hands remains to be seen. If we get behind by a couple of TD's, I think he just about has to. If he continues to pound the rock while being down 14 points or more, we may actually hear some boo's from the home crowd.

i don't think cally will have any choice, USC will stuff the run and crowd the line of scrimmage and dare Keller to throw. i say, come out throwing and show some balls, like we want to win and try to break on top and get the crowd into the game EVEN MORE!

Well, it would guarantee BC losing his damn job. We would win 6 games if we did that. Ganz is worse than Taylor. Keller hasn't had many reps and timing is off. That isn't always the QB alone. I think Keller will play throwing left handed before Ganz plays ahead of him.

Keller isn't struggling he just isn't in a great rythm. That will just take a little more time. He did throw for 59% completion percentage with about 3-4 drops and 258 yds. That is the slightly higher than Taylor's avg last year and 30 yds more passing than Taylor's avg....SO a 'struggling' Keller is the same as a great Taylor. Also, Keller has the same stats as McCoy at TX last week. Yes there is room for improvement but you are seeing things worse than they are.

I dunno Keller is playing like an average QB so far but the thing that bothers me the most is how he panicks at the line and cant change the play or anything.....this usually ends up costing TO.

Part of that problem is all the shifting and Motion. After all the shifts and Motions and the QB doesn't like what he sees. He is out of time to change the play.

I would like to see Keller play the first 3 series of each half then get spelled by Ganz for a series so Keller can see what is going on from a different angle and then go back in.

then Ganz would get some meaningful PT each half while the game is still on the line

Sideline is the worse seat in the house to see what a Defense is doing.

I would like to see Keller play the first 3 series of each half then get spelled by Ganz for a series so Keller can see what is going on from a different angle and then go back in.

then Ganz would get some meaningful PT each half while the game is still on the line

Sideline is the worse seat in the house to see what a Defense is doing.

Callahan's offense is TOO COMPLICATED to call for college kids! That's why his passing game doesn't go off in games vs good defenses!