Scary Thought

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

Now, CU will welcome our visit to Boulder after upsetting OU.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

Now KSU will not be intimidated coming into Lincoln after their impressive win in Austin on the road.

A&M, KSU? I'll be in Lincoln at the Memorial 'doing my best to protect our home' GO BIG RED

Good points! I think we just played our last gimme this season. What a great college football weekend! I wasn't nearly as surprised by KSU's win as was by CU's win. Man, I just love watching Bob Stoops lose!

Texas would lose to anyone giving up that many returns and turnovers. Plus, they were asking to be upset with the way they've been playing this year.

CU was a fluke. If OU hadn't muffed the punt, the game would have been over. When they played Fla. St., they had no offense whatsoever. Now everyone's calling Hawkins a genius. This win will be short-lived.

I am not a basher....I'm trying to remain positive after spending the day with knowledgeble fans from many conferences from across the east and southeast....they put these thoughts in my head.

The wifey and I were returning home Saturday night after a watch party with K Staters Saturday afternoon in downtown Atlanta and the fun we had with them. These fans we spent the day with were very good football fans and KNOWLEDGEBLE.

After arriving back at the airport and heading home back to Topeka and playing out the remaining season back over and over in my head I finally stated to the wife....I don't think I can honestly mark any remaining games as a 'gimme' for the rest of the season.

You said 'Atlanta'.

Then you said you spent the day with 'K Staters' :nanalama , 'had fun' :rollin , then misspelled 'knowledgeable.'

It must suck being so smart. S-M-R-T. ;)

Yes, please protect the huz.

You shouldn't need knowledgeable fans to tell you what you already should know. As a reminder, if you are not playing through the season to get to the national championship, there is no such thing as an automatic victory.

A lot of things have happened between '97 and 2007. Kinda sucks a lot, but it is what it is.

You said 'Atlanta'.

Then you said you spent the day with 'K Staters' :nanalama , 'had fun' :rollin , then misspelled 'knowledgeable.'

It must suck being so smart. S-M-R-T. ;)

Yes, please protect the huz.

What's wrong with "Atlanta"?

There's no Airport in Atlanta, NE but they could fly out of Holdrege.

But I assumed he meant the one in GA.

It's possible to have "K Staters" there. (Random people hollerin' the letter "K"?)

But everyone knows we spell "knowledgeable" without the K so it matches our helmets.

I didn't think we could even consider ISU a "Gimme"

Texas would lose to anyone giving up that many returns and turnovers. Plus, they were asking to be upset with the way they've been playing this year.

CU was a fluke. If OU hadn't muffed the punt, the game would have been over. When they played Fla. St., they had no offense whatsoever. Now everyone's calling Hawkins a genius. This win will be short-lived.

Great post...I totally agree....CU lucked out.......they are better on defense, and thay were never really bad....but Hawkins is no genius and the muffed punt reminded me of the fumble agin UT last year that robbed the huskers of a big win...it happens and by the time we play Cu, I'm sure the Huskers will be rolling

KSU stinks and they will get hammered in Lincoln......UT has the worst online in the big12..and you can't win without special teams....we have been very good on kick coverage so I don't expect much trouble from KSU....if Freeman was more mobile thane I might be worried, KSU O-line is better but they are no worldbeaters so the Husker D should have there way with them

Meyer and ISU were a tougher matchup than KSU will be for the Huskers......Meyer was very mobile and he has a decnt wr and RB to add strees to the Defense.

Fact is there are not now, never have been, and never will be "gimmies" so long as there are 11 folks on the other side of the field.

It's a game and that's why it's played, to see who wins. To see who wants it more. To see who makes less mistakes. To see who has a better game plan. To see who gets luckier. To see who executes better. To see who capitalizes better. etc., etc., etc.

Those who think that there should be gimmie's, well, I kind of feel sorry for them. What a boring world to be so predictable.

Frankly, I've been a HUSKER fan for so many decades that I've gotten immune to the gimme syndrome. I'm always always nervous about what will happen. Frankly, I wouldn't want it any other way.

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

I don't hang out with K Staters...in fact I loath the entire state....the Idea that you would consider that a quality place to live makes me disregard anything that you might want to post about NU....I don't mean this as a personal attack and don't want to offend you, but I would rather have Afaganistan as a state before Kansas....I can only imagine that you are forced thru some kind of a wittness protection program to live there.I feel sorry for you....seriously, I do.

I mean , LOATH the state....why in the world would you want to live in second rate place like that....you do realize that you are below Mississippi, Arkansas, W. Virginia and every other state in the UNION!.....Kansas, give me a break.....I need to go outside and puke!

Tell us how you really feel about kansas. :rollin