Running up the score

I laughed at the time I couldn't beleive someone would show a trick play just to score meaningless TD.

Osborne never ran it up he went very vanilla when the score was out of reach. It wasn't his fault that most teams couldn't stop the second and third teamers. Never understood what people wanted him to do.

no class at all that's missouri for ya they had the game in had they didn't need to do that. I know we've beaten up on them for many years but we've have always had class about it

Interesting comment, funny how it always seems that when Nebraska runs it up it is somehow classy. When NU gives up late points it is because the other team is "classless". Anyone else see a problem with this interpretation?

Here is the one big difference between Mizzo and NU. You NEVER saw a Nebraska team run up the score on anyone just to impress the voters. If you were beaten by 30, 40 pts it was because you could not stop 2nd, 3rd stringers who were doing nothing more than taking a hand off behind 2nd and 3rd string linemen from a 3rd string q/b and running right at you. No passing no trick plays just straight up football.

Will take our licks now, but what gos around always comes back around.

GBR!!!

I think we are looking at a very long year unless something is figured out in a hurry! We are going to

be looking at a lot of "classless teams" down the road that are ready to put it to us without any regard

to whether or not it is "classy" or sportsmanlike. It is a big confidence booster for their team to lay it to the

Huskers and they're going to do it whenever they can. You could also see during the game that our

performances on both offense and defense could have resulted in the game being even more lopsided

and Missouri being more "classless." It not the other team's job to be nice to us---it's our job to defend

what they bring at us!

The years of NU dominating every team in the Big XII are coming back to bite us in the a$$. It does suck they ran a fake field goal, but it just proved that the defense gave up and did not care about the game. I am sure every team...KU, KSU, OSU are just waiting to pour it on our CRAPPY defense that couldn't stop a pop warner team from gaining 500+ yards and scoring 40+ points....hand on fellas, it is going to be a long ride!

I laughed at the time I couldn't beleive someone would show a trick play just to score meaningless TD.

Did you happen to watch us play Colorado last year?

Yes, but what I thought last year durring that game was that nebraska could only score by using trick plays.

Those who are complaining about "running up the score", are the reason why there are anti-husker fans.

I can see both sides to this debate. However, as a Mizzou fan, I will give my perspective on why Pinkel did what he did. One of his biggest criticisms has been that he never goes for the kill, never breaks an opponents back. We have blown more than our fair share of games that we had large leads in. Now I don't think we were in danger of losing last night, but I think Pinkel called the fake field goal primarily for the fans. So many of our fans were begging him before the game to go for the kill if we got that chance.

I think the other thing was also make a statement to get us more national attention. Someone earlier posted that Nebraska ran up scores with their 3rd and 4th string and never did it to get votes. I would agree completely with that. I would just say that Mizzou doesn't have the luxury of national respect that Nebraska enjoyed at their peak. Prior to this game we still had voters who weren't voting us in the top 25. (One of those was your own AP voter from Omaha.) We had several other voters ranking Illinois ahead of us even though we are undefeated and beat Illinois. We needed to make a statement that we could dominated a team and win a big game.

The point of running up the score is certainly still open to debate, but that is my perspective in defense of Pinkel.

They definitely ran it up on us. I wonder how many times we have beaten them by 30+ though. All I can say is....if you don't like them running it up.....then trying f'ing stopping them

we took it straight to them with our base offense. we werent running trick plays with a huge lead. If they want to do that...thats fine. but I will be laughing when it comes back on them

The fake FG was with 12 minutes to go. I see no problem with it. With 600 yds MU should have scored 50.

I agree here -- Mizzou has a suspect defense and NU a good offense -- I don't see this as running up the score with nearly a full quarter to go (12:52 in OWH) -- college football is crazy these days and this was a way to finish off the game.

MU mostly ran after this score, and then went to a backup QB --- for me at least this was not running up the score.

Faking a field goal that late in the game was a slap in the face, I think. I told my son we better be ready for a fake. They don't like us much and would love to rub it in right here. Sure enough and no one on the team was even ready for it. How does that happen? I have to state the obvious " we have problems".

GBR!!!

This is pathetic that we even have to discuss a conference, no a divisional team, running up the score on us in the fourth year of Callahan. I hope Steve P is choking on those words "we will not surrender the conference to Texas and Oklahoma"