Running up the score

Faking a field goal that late in the game was a slap in the face, I think. I told my son we better be ready for a fake. They don't like us much and would love to rub it in right here. Sure enough and no one on the team was even ready for it. How does that happen? I have to state the obvious " we have problems".

GBR!!!

They definitely ran it up on us. I wonder how many times we have beaten them by 30+ though. All I can say is....if you don't like them running it up.....then trying f'ing stopping them

EX-ACTLY. I actually want teams to run it up on us all season. I want this to get as ugly as possible. I hope we don't win another game. I know it sounds awful, believe me, but in order for this coaching staff to be ousted before they drag us down for five more seasons, we have to hit the advertisers. That will only happen with the fans turn on the program. BC has done everything his can to alienate our fanbase this season, and a couple more of these woodshed beatings will hopefully push him into resigning.

X

They definitely ran it up on us. I wonder how many times we have beaten them by 30+ though. All I can say is....if you don't like them running it up.....then trying f'ing stopping them

Yep. In the 3rd quarter I turned to my dad and said, "They aren't going to stop". We deserve it. Quit b!tching about 'being classless'. It sounds like a last resort way of trying to defend someone that can't defend themselves. Let reality slap you in the face....we are in deep $hit the rest of this year. Expect to see it again. And if you don't want to see it....I suggest you don't watch the KSU or KU games.

Can you blame them??? They are trying to make a statement to everyone and trying to get into the Top 15 or Top 10. They are undefeated and Nebraska is weak. Why not take advantage of us and use us as a spring board. I don't like it as much as you, but our defense needed to stop them.

Yep. In the 3rd quarter I turned to my dad and said, "They aren't going to stop". We deserve it. Quit b!tching about 'being classless'. It sounds like a last resort way of trying to defend someone that can't defend themselves. Let reality slap you in the face....we are in deep $hit the rest of this year. Expect to see it again. And if you don't want to see it....I suggest you don't watch the KSU or KU games.

Bobby Bowden was accused of running up a score several years ago. His answer to the reporter was, "It is not my job to stop my team from scoring. That's his job" referring to the opposing coach. True in this case too. Calahan and Coz were clueless. Mediocrity has arrived. And you can't blame Frank Solich. Who is next on the list....uh....let's see....oh...Steve Pederson!

I was simply stating it was classless. I never defended any of the coaches/players, NOONE. I agree as much as the next guy that SERIOUS changes need to occur.

I don't believe it was "classless" at all, you folks should have been on our side when NU was beating the tigers by 50 points EVERY year. It was still a football game and you need to put points on the board. It isn't as if MU pulled the fake with 1 minute to play, then I would agree with classless. Only Texas Tech would do that.

Good Luck to the Huskers the rest of the year :thumbs

no class at all that's missouri for ya they had the game in had they didn't need to do that. I know we've beaten up on them for many years but we've have always had class about it

Interesting comment, funny how it always seems that when Nebraska runs it up it is somehow classy. When NU gives up late points it is because the other team is "classless". Anyone else see a problem with this interpretation?

the difference was, we had in our 2nd and 3rd teams and were just running ISO's.

like i said, if they wanted to score again, just go for it. i truly don't have a problem with that.

but to have in your starters the whole game and then FAKE a field goal, that's rubbing it in the face of the players who are young men and beaten already. just going for it and running a play, that's challenging the coaches to put players in to stop it. that's okay.