PUD IS FIRED AND CALLY RESIGNING!!!!

How about a different BP... Bobby Patrino. If I was him I'd be looking for my first chance out of Atlanta.

I have heard Petrino would leave also if given a great college team.....Like Michigan, or LSU if Miles leaves. he will demand $4MIL/year. Out of our league.

Why is it out of our league? How is Alabama able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? How is Oklahoma able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? The markets are similar, aren't they?

By the way, who do you think is an interesting candidate? Who do you think would fit in at Nebraska?

its about time we fire him every1 i talk 2 likes the guy they like him and that FREAK callahan i have no idea why that iz,i herd the news and that just made my YEAR really thoe :clap are they gettin BO?? i wouldnt mind seeing tommy frazier on the coaching staff any1 knoe if their gonna ask him??? :worship

How about a different BP... Bobby Patrino. If I was him I'd be looking for my first chance out of Atlanta.

I have heard Petrino would leave also if given a great college team.....Like Michigan, or LSU if Miles leaves. he will demand $4MIL/year. Out of our league.

Why is it out of our league? How is Alabama able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? How is Oklahoma able to pay their coach 3.5 mil/year? The markets are similar, aren't they?

By the way, who do you think is an interesting candidate? Who do you think would fit in at Nebraska?

I think we could pay that amount but we won't. I know we can afford it....but will they pay??? I just don't think they will when the boosters LOVE the idea of an in house guy or someone around 2.5 MIL. If I had a wish list I would get

Jeff Tedford (yes he would leave trust me)

Greg Schiano who can recruit FL

Bo Pelini and a good OC

Brian Kelly

I do like the idea of bringing in other NU coaches for position coaches. I would like to see someone like Dirk Koetter for OC but that is a demotion.

Thoughts on this......don't bash this is purely based on curiosity....

What if we brought in former coach either NFL or college to be more like a team manager/recruiter and we got passionate coordinators. Examples:

Marty Shot

Dick Vermiel

Dan Reeves

Dennis Erickson

Rich Brooks

Mike Riley

Dennis Green was a good college coach

Dick Tomey is 4th winning current coach and has turned around HI, AZ, and now San Jose Sr. He is a great recruiter and team manager. His teams play above their talent....but I am biased.

I would like to see Jack Del Rio or Gruden if they ever wanted to come to college.

I know we did an NFL guy before but a lot on this list were/are good in college. Just curious of your thoughts. This are very different from Cally who controls his offense where these guys will pass it off to coordinators. We could have Gil as OC and maybe Ron Rivera, Dave McInnis as DC. Curious of your thoughts??? It would allow one of the Coordinators to step in as Head Coach in 3-5 years.

Well, I've been at work . . . since FOUR O'CLOCK (perfect timing) and just got off . . . but I've been tracking this since 1:00 and I couldn't be more ecstatic!! I honestly didn't expect anything to change before the end of the season and I am completely overjoyed that it happened so quickly.

:restore

EDIT: I've got four guys I would like to see be DC: Pelini (who I doubt would return unless offered the HC job), Marvin Sanders (and I saw someone mention he may very well come back if Pelini gets the HC job), Dan McCarney (look at South Florida this season . . . they kept West Virginia's crazy spread offense to practically nothing), or the aforementioned Mike Stoops.

NO MORE NFL COACHES. EVER.

Schottenheimer needs a job. Let's talk to him.

Other than that, I like the Schiano suggestion. I'm not sure what would ever motivate Gruden to follow Callahan at NU. Jack Del Rio is kind of scary, so I like him. But I don't think we could put up enough money for him if we can't stand to hire Bobby Petrino.

I don't envy the new AD.

Oh, and I also thought this to myself earlier, "man that would be some ironic sh#t if we interviewed Koetter this winter."

Oh, I goofed, ND ST is now #1 in the nation. Yes, Bohl.

I'm not being at all sarcastic when I say great for him! I have to say that when I watch people get their dream jobs, struggle, and fail that i feel really awful for them. That, of course, is no reason that they should get to keep their job, but i feel really horrible for them none the less. I hope he continues to do well.