Recruiting Fallout

Wondering what people think will happen with recruits that have committed to the program now that this is going on?

Everyone is all excited about Pederson being fired (don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it too) but I hope this doesn't negatively affect any decisions that we have from a strong incoming recruiting class.

Wondering what people think will happen with recruits that have committed to the program now that this is going on?

Everyone is all excited about Pederson being fired (don't get me wrong, I'm happy about it too) but I hope this doesn't negatively affect any decisions that we have from a strong incoming recruiting class.

I don't know, but it's surely affected those strong recruits we've have gotten over the last 3 years...

the only way that there will be a negitive effect on recruiting is if BC gets fired or resigns before signing day.

right now with just the AD being fired it shouldnt have an impact at all

the only way that there will be a negitive effect on recruiting is if BC gets fired or resigns before signing day.

And it sounds like BC getting fired is a VERY strong possibility...

or any assisnt coach, who actually talk with the recuirts more than Billy C does

Actually, I would think that any recruit would already know that Callahan is done. If not now, then after this season --- or, at the absolute latest after next season. Callahan is a proven failure as a coach. So....

I'd think that the recruiting would benefit by announcing a new staff ASAP. The sooner a new staff is announced the sooner they can talk to these recruits.

NU Football is in complete meltdown mode. Any recruit who does not see that is blind. Certainly they would want some notion who will be here when the smoke clears. The sooner the better.

Recruiting is secondary to coaching. Callahan will be done before signing day, most likely before the season is done. If we lose some recruits, so be it. Right now with the direction of things, and rumors of players transfering out after the season as it is, dont sweat it.

Exactly. We have some great recruiting classes that are getting pounded by OSU at home.

I would have expected to lose to tier guys regardless of what happens with the AD position if Callahan loses out. No matter what happened with AD, if we end up 4 - 8, the National Media would have said BC is out - this is what recruits listen to. So, everyone can be pissed about firing SP causing us recruits; however, I doubt seriously this kids care about who the AD is. What they care about is who the coach is, and any coach at what is expected to be a Top 10 programs goes 4 - 8 (or 5 - 7 even), then there will be talk that he is gone.

No surprise that recruits would second-guess but the main thing is there is no way we are going to bring in a coach of less caliber than Cally. There will be an up-grade, no doubt. So from that perspective I think recruits will wait to see who the new coach is. Heck, if it is Pelini I would think a defensive recruit would have to be jacked up about that. With TO as the interim AD we are in good hands and sure this will be a top priority to keep this class together.

Fans who have observed T.O.'s patterns throughout the years as a H.C. know he is level headed, conservative, and will not do anything with a snap of the finger. B.C. will complete this season, and T.O. will then make a decision. He will not fire the coach until after the last game of the season -- if T.O. thinks he has no other option.

One thing for sure has to happen. The team needs to pick up its intensity -- this may be the most critical element of all. Wins and loses might come into play, but I think T.O. is most concern about the intensity of the team. If the Huskers lose some games where they played fairly well and gave it their best, that could buy Callahan another year. Remember, this is a former head coach. He feels more for what a H.C. has to go through than many other A.D.s. So he may not move as fast as some of you would like.