Bill Callahan is 100% gone in 3 days or less

Considering Pelini's D got lit up like a Christmas tree against Kentucky, I find it very difficult to believe on a Monday that Pelini is in Lincoln. BC gone in 3 days? What, are they gonna make Coz the interim?

I thought three of the TDs came in overtime.

Yeah, but didn't Kentucky score in the 40's or very close to it?

43-37 Kentucky with 3 TDs coming in the triple overtimes.

Which means that the defense, assuming no other magic happened throughout the game (pick sixes or scoup and scores), Kentucky scored 21 points in regulation play (counting the two point conversion they must have had in the third overtime). Otherwise they started with mind-boggling field position against a worn-out defense.

That ain't bad for a day's work.

I have no confirmation on 3 days or less. I will call my source tomorrow but he did say 2 weeks earlier today. I am not sure if that meant in 2 weeks or within 2 weeks.

I think if we don't embarrass ourselves he will stay longer but if we lose this weekend and then to TX he is gone. I am interpreting the 2 weeks as that but he simply said "Callahan is gone in 2 weeks"

I will confirm tomorrow and get updates.

I'm gonna say the equipment manager will be fired in the next 4 hours. At least, that's what my sources say.

You heard right. They will wake him up and fire him. Good luck sleeping!!

OH NO!! Who will wedge KC's clipboard down his trousers on Saturday!

Considering Pelini's D got lit up like a Christmas tree against Kentucky, I find it very difficult to believe on a Monday that Pelini is in Lincoln. BC gone in 3 days? What, are they gonna make Coz the interim?

Yep, that's true, and kentucky is a good team. Give them decent field position (like every team gets in OT) and they'll probably make something with it. It's silly to talk about kentucky like they're, ohhhh, Ball State.

I have heard some things today but this one is good! 3 days or less? Where did that info come from? Did they already call Two Men and a Truck? I thought your sister didn't get any info out of the deal, especiall a detail such as having less than 72 hours. I would think if your sister is "friends" with Callahan's daughter that she would be telling her "friend" a lot more information if she was getting ready to leave town. I know I would be getting all the info from my friend if they were leaving town.

This is my first post but here are my thoughts. You are not going to fire a coach less than 72 hours before a game. So that rules out firing him on Wednesday, Thursday or Friday. So that means, if you are right, we will see another press conference tomorrow. I'll be waiting for the word.

two men and a truck? i didnt know they were in nebraska too, thought that was a local thing here in kalamazoo. btw, my cousins brothers sister.............awwwww nevermind, all this is really starting to get on my nerves, someone needs to make some kind of announcement to keep all these rumors from flying so we can concentrate on bigger and better things, everything is kind of up in the air, imagine how our beloved huskers feel with all of this swirling around them, all these distractions, lets just play some F#$%#N football

GBR!!!!

Yep, that's true, and kentucky is a good team. Give them decent field position (like every team gets in OT) and they'll probably make something with it. It's silly to talk about kentucky like they're, ohhhh, Ball State.

Say what you will, but let's think logically about this for a second. Pelini was supposedly in Lincoln today? I'm just saying that I'm having a really difficult time swallowing this as he's the D coordinator for a team that was #1 in the country. They didn't play well. They lost the game. It's Monday, and I just don't think Pelini was in Lincoln today. If he was, then I have lost a lot of respect for him. He has a job to do at LSU right now, and he shouldn't be anywhere near Lincoln until his job there is commenced for the season. I never once said Kentucky was a bad team, and I never said they were a Ball State. I simply was inferring that his D is no longer #1 in the country as Ohio State's is. They didn't play well. He should be at LSU strapping it on for their next game! If he was in Lincoln today, then I am very disappointed in him and am not sure if I want him as our next coach. I want someone that's a good coach, but I also want somone who is loyal. If he was in Lincoln today, how loyal is he really to the job he already has?

I heard Dr. Emmit Brown was seen eating dinner with TO tonight and discussing his plans to install the Flex Capacitor in TO cadillac so he could go back to 1998 and convince himself to not retire and then he's going to come back to the present and we will all wake up tomorrow morning and Nebraska will have won another 5 NC's, and I would be married to Scarlett Johannson and Lou Holtz would be my butler.

wow...2 whole posts! and both in this thread...this just reaks of reliabilty! :sarcasm

i dont get it. just because the guy only has 2 posts doesnt mean anything. he can be just as reliable as the guy with 6500 posts. but whatever i only have a few too so i guess i dont know anything either :thumbs :asshat :asshat

Yeah, no kidding. Sometimes I think there's only me and three other people that think anything through before we hit the Add Reply button.

One of whom has to be Tuff tiger

wow...2 whole posts! and both in this thread...this just reaks of reliabilty! :sarcasm

i dont get it. just because the guy only has 2 posts doesnt mean anything. he can be just as reliable as the guy with 6500 posts. but whatever i only have a few too so i guess i dont know anything either :thumbs :asshat :asshat

Exactly. My first post was "Please fire Callahan" guess some early posters can be accurate.

I heard Dr. Emmit Brown was seen eating dinner with TO tonight and discussing his plans to install the Flex Capacitor in TO cadillac so he could go back to 1998 and convince himself to not retire and then he's going to come back to the present and we will all wake up tomorrow morning and Nebraska will have won another 5 NC's, and I would be married to Scarlett Johannson and Lou Holtz would be my butler.

Don't you think a butler that slobbers every time he talks is somewhat counter productive?

Say what you will, but let's think logically about this for a second. Pelini was supposedly in Lincoln today? I'm just saying that I'm having a really difficult time swallowing this as he's the D coordinator for a team that was #1 in the country. They didn't play well. They lost the game. It's Monday, and I just don't think Pelini was in Lincoln today. If he was, then I have lost a lot of respect for him. He has a job to do at LSU right now, and he shouldn't be anywhere near Lincoln until his job there is commenced for the season. I never once said Kentucky was a bad team, and I never said they were a Ball State. I simply was inferring that his D is no longer #1 in the country as Ohio State's is. They didn't play well. He should be at LSU strapping it on for their next game! If he was in Lincoln today, then I am very disappointed in him and am not sure if I want him as our next coach. I want someone that's a good coach, but I also want somone who is loyal. If he was in Lincoln today, how loyal is he really to the job he already has?

I think that the topic shifted after the "lit up" comment. I have no reason to believe that he was here today... I Bleed Red didn't say it ;) We are getting later into the season, though, when ratings mean something. Teams that are now ranked have demonstrated that they deserve it. Kentucky was, what, 17th or something like that? They beat some good teams... it's not like LSU lost to Stanford, they lost to a team that, given decent field position, will make hay. They only gave up 27 during regulation to a team that had been averaging almost 43 points/ game including games against #11 and #9. LSU had been giving up an average of <10/game. I think there is a good chance that they bought into their own hype and thought they could walk through this one. I suppose it will be important to see how they do against Auburn next week... I *guessing* that they're going to come in VERY angry next week, pick up Auburn by its hair, and punch them in the face, figuratively speaking ;) Unlike years past, 1 loss does not mean that LSU is out of the hunt by any means. If the defense gets smacked down, then I'll raise an eyebrow... but I'm thinking that LSU's defense would have held all but 1 of our opponents to their sub-10 point average. But who knows? LSU might have also been able to take advantage of USC's hickups early in the game and put that one away, too.

(--Edit-- And I looked at the score of the game on ESPN.com. LSU was scoreless for the 1st and 4th quarters while Kentucky was 7,7,7,6. It would be nice if they could have held them to no score, but that isn't too bad. I think it looks like the D, while not up to their standard, did a decent job--)

I suppose the remainder of the season will tell us if the Kentucky game was a fluke or if the first part of the season was. I just look at what VaTec is doing to people... I'm pretty curious now. :)

It's kind of funny how Perlman said it's not his job to hire and fire coaches when he was so intricately involved in firing Solich. IMO, his ass should be gone as well. If Pud was tied to BC, I think it's easy to see Perlman was tied to Pud. However, I will say that I'm just over 90% satisfied with how things are progressing. This is still an A by college standards!

I'm sure you meant 99% satisfied. :lol:

GBR!!!

I read a few juicy rumors on rivals.com earlier today . . .

-Perlman was eating lunch at Paul's Steakhouse with the offensive coordinator from Boston College (I HAS a PIKCHURR on mah FONEZZ!!)

-Perlman was eating lunch at the same restaurant with Bo Pelini

-Perlman was eating lunch with Vince Lombardi

-Perlman was eating lunch with Bob Devaney

You'll forgive me if I start taking rumors with a grain of salt at this point. :) However, I wouldn't be disappointed if your rumor turned out to be true.

Perlman must be a hungry man to eat that many lunches