Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

I think Terry Bowden could make an excellent HC for us. He really got a raw deal at Auburn and I know he's itchin' to get back in the fray. Plus, he's a high character kinda' guy.

Imagine if you will...Terry as HC...and Kevin Kugler as "The Voice of Husker Nation"...

(for those of you who don't know they announce games together weekly for Westwood 1)

ain't happenin. he's not a Nebraska guy and has baggage. And he can be downright flaky.

I just don't see this happening.....Rose needs to be kicked out too, there is no doubt about that!

Anyone think Norm Chow could be on a list of coaches to contact. He has been an assistant at the collegiat level for 32 years and is now with the Titans. He was with USC as the OC for 4 yrs before the jump to the NFL. Just thought he could be another name to add to the list.

Anyone think Norm Chow could be on a list of coaches to contact. He has been an assistant at the collegiat level for 32 years and is now with the Titans. He was with USC as the OC for 4 yrs before the jump to the NFL. Just thought he could be another name to add to the list.

Can't say that I'd have a problem with Chow..but he's an OC in the NFL. He could have been an HC last year or the year before in college. I'm not sure he wants to come back to college.

Chow would be great for you guys. But like 2nd to Nunn said, you would have to land a great DC to complement him. Chow is the best OC out there, college or pro, in my humble opinion.

I think Terry Bowden could make an excellent HC for us. He really got a raw deal at Auburn and I know he's itchin' to get back in the fray. Plus, he's a high character kinda' guy.

Imagine if you will...Terry as HC...and Kevin Kugler as "The Voice of Husker Nation"...

(for those of you who don't know they announce games together weekly for Westwood 1)

I think Nebraska should be declared a "Bowden Free Zone". Not a good fit. No one in that family.

OK...Other than huskerNtexas no one has given a reason...

I don't believe we need a Nebraska guy. Stoops isn't an Oklahoma guy...Carroll...not a USC guy... We just need a GOOD coach. Bowden has proven it...in the SEC...

I agree he's a little "flaky". But a little personality wouldn't hurt. Plus...he comes from a football family...good lineage... I think he'd do well here. And I think he would embrace Nebraska tradition...

I think Terry Bowden is an very good coach but I don't think he would fit in.

Kevin Kugler would be a very good choice as voice of the Huskers course anything would be better then Rose.

Will Muschamp

Jeff Tedford

Bo Polini

Those are the three guys we hopefully will look at first. Muschamp is a defensive genious, Polini is a great Defensive coach with a ton of fire and Tedford has done a great job at Cal and would surely do better here with better fan support, facilities etc.

who is bo polini?

I just want him to be more successful, which I think he can be. The quickest way for us to be back on top is these coaches stay, but the necessary changes are made (whatever those might be) so that our program can be a success. I have two reasons:

1. This year's recruiting class stays together. Any way you slice it, any way it happens, new coach equals new assistants which means all ties to this class are lost. This WILL equal a poor recruiting class (re-listen to TO's PC and he agrees with me).

2. Minimal transfers. Yes, these coaches have probably pissed some people off, and some transfers will occur. New coaches will mean more transfers which will mean more time to get the talent back.

I remember in the late 80's/early 90's when our D got consistently embarassed by the speed of the southern teams in bowl games (Florida schools specifically). We made changes that led to National Championships, and wow, we made these without any coaching changes. THAT is what I'd like to happen.

I just give it about a 0.1% of happening.

I just want him to be more successful, which I think he can be. The quickest way for us to be back on top is these coaches stay, but the necessary changes are made (whatever those might be) so that our program can be a success. I have two reasons:

1. This year's recruiting class stays together. Any way you slice it, any way it happens, new coach equals new assistants which means all ties to this class are lost. This WILL equal a poor recruiting class (re-listen to TO's PC and he agrees with me).

2. Minimal transfers. Yes, these coaches have probably pissed some people off, and some transfers will occur. New coaches will mean more transfers which will mean more time to get the talent back.

I remember in the late 80's/early 90's when our D got consistently embarassed by the speed of the southern teams in bowl games (Florida schools specifically). We made changes that led to National Championships, and wow, we made these without any coaching changes. THAT is what I'd like to happen.

I just give it about a 0.1% of happening.

I haven't written him off yet either. I simply want a new defensive staff and possibly letting Watson calling the plays.