Head Coach Wish List

rkhufu7

Jeff Tedford, NFL coaches, and especially Terry Bowden, are not answers. If Neberaska goes after another left coast, panty waist, pass happy, no defense, guru, I'll puke. I'm sick of no defense in college football. Nebraska needs a defensive minded coach. It could be an offensive guy with a defensive mentality like Paul Johnson. (before you say the wishbone won't work, he wouldn't run it at Nebraska, and he was an OC with Hawaii for a time) or even Jim Grobe. I think Bo Pelini might be a good choice, however, has he had any head coaching experience.

Jeff Tedford, NFL coaches, and especially Terry Bowden, are not answers. If Neberaska goes after another left coast, panty waist, pass happy, no defense, guru, I'll puke. I'm sick of no defense in college football. Nebraska needs a defensive minded coach. It could be an offensive guy with a defensive mentality like Paul Johnson. (before you say the wishbone won't work, he wouldn't run it at Nebraska, and he was an OC with Hawaii for a time) or even Jim Grobe. I think Bo Pelini might be a good choice, however, has he had any head coaching experience.

You should post in the forum discussing you HC wishlist instead of making another forum......Just a thought, like your opinion though...

I think Terry Bowden could make an excellent HC for us. He really got a raw deal at Auburn and I know he's itchin' to get back in the fray. Plus, he's a high character kinda' guy.

OKAY. I have almost stopped laughing at this......

Nope, not yet.......

Hard to see through the tears. Sorry i missed this little nugget when it first went up. If you think TB got a raw deal at Auburn you obviously do not know the entire story.

bad recruiting

bad discipline

good game planner

Let's see how that works out for you.

And as far as Muschamp goes...."Hands off my kool-aid."

Anyone think this guy would be a good fit at NU?

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3065837

Probably so... and as a fellow Mizzou alumni, I'd love to see it. But - he's the only coach USF has ever had, he's a superstar in the Tampa area, he just signed a 7 year, $7 million contract - and the previous contract went through 2009. So he's locked up to 2016.

And he gets to recruit in Florida - one of THE hotbeds of high school talent - and right now he's doing it as the #2 team in the US of A.

Why would he be interested?

I have a strong feeling that at the end of the NFL season Mike Shanahan will be relieved of his duties with the Broncos, while its unlikely that he may decide to come here I think it would be a strong fit.

He would definitely be able to get the adequate o-line and rbs we need for a truly powerful running game.

And his years of service in the NFL could surely provide him with an adequate Defensive Coordinator option

First and foremost my first choice is Bo Pelini as head coach. But if you do some research, there are many skilled coordinators looking for a head coaching job as well, not to mention other small time college coaches hoping to make the big time.

June Jones: Hawaii Head Coach

Turner Gill: Buffalo Head Coach

Will Muschamp: Auburn Defensive Coordinator

Dan Mullen: Florida Offensive Coordinator

Brent Venables: Oklahoma Defensive Coordiantor

Bud Foster: Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator

Jim Leavitt: South Florida Coach

Gregg Brandon: Bowling Green State Head Coach

Pat Hill: Fresno State Head Coach

First and foremost my first choice is Bo Pelini as head coach. But if you do some research, there are many skilled coordinators looking for a head coaching job as well, not to mention other small time college coaches hoping to make the big time.

June Jones: Hawaii Head Coach

Turner Gill: Buffalo Head Coach

Will Muschamp: Auburn Defensive Coordinator

Dan Mullen: Florida Offensive Coordinator

Brent Venables: Oklahoma Defensive Coordiantor

Bud Foster: Virginia Tech Defensive Coordinator

Jim Leavitt: South Florida Coach

Gregg Brandon: Bowling Green State Head Coach

Pat Hill: Fresno State Head Coach

You forgot Paul Johnson - Navy...look up his stats, offensive production and win records - he needs help on defense I think.