Recruits? Fans? Team?

I'm new here so Hi everyone!

I'm just one husker fan looking to the rest of the nation hoping that someone here will give me hope that things will be better in the future. Honestly looking at the news today got me really depressed. Recruits look like they are pulling out, Callahan looks like he's realized he's screwed (there goes any hope we had for the rest of the season), and our fans are starting to act trashy. I'm worried we are self destructing. Someone give me some hope please.

Here are some links you should look at:

Trashy Fans

Recruiting

Recruiting

More Bad Coaching?

Someone give me hope!!!

I'm just one husker fan looking to the rest of the nation hoping that someone here will give me hope that things will be better in the future. Honestly looking at the news today got me really depressed. Recruits look like they are pulling out, Callahan looks like he's realized he's screwed (there goes any hope we had for the rest of the season), and our fans are starting to act trashy. I'm worried we are self destructing. Someone give me some hope please.

Trashy Fans

Recruiting

Recruiting

More Bad Coaching?

Someone give me hope!!!

Unfortunately you have come to the wrong place. The wheels have officially come off this bus and we are plummeting towards hell :madash, however we did take a detour on our fall from grace by getting TO as AD. This has single handedly brought most of the fans together, maybe we can pull out of this nose dive at the last second.........thats a BIG maybe.

You make it sound as if the cupboard is bare, as if there is zero talent here at Nebraska. We still have guys like Helu and Castille, Zac Lee and Pat Witt, Prince Amukamara, Niles Paul, Kunalic and Henery, Major Culbert... the list goes on and on, and these are just the kids that sprung to mind off the top of my head. These are really talented guys who can play with anyone, given the proper coaching and motivation.

I refuse to despair because a few multi-star recruits have legitimate concerns about the direction of our program. Even if they all decide to go elsewhere, we'll still be OK. It all comes down to coaching, and right now we have a serious problem there.

As for the fans, you have to expect that you'll find both good and bad fans everywhere. The bad fans have always been here at Nebraska, it's just that their voices are usually drowned out so they don't get the press. The media is only too happy to report these kinds of incidents these days, so now we're hearing about it more and more. Ignore those bad fans, or better yet tell them to shut their mouths.

Trashy Fans

Recruiting

Recruiting

More Bad Coaching?

Someone give me hope!!!

Welcome to the board. I'll read it later as I get a chance. Give you hope? No problem brotha. This team will return to glory, sooner or later, at one point or another. Walk by Husker faith, not by sight. Tell everyone things may not be well right now, but it wont always be like this. Hang in there. Start cheering, and start today!

I believe this will all my heart!!! GBR!!!!

You make it sound as if the cupboard is bare, as if there is zero talent here at Nebraska. We still have guys like Helu and Castille, Zac Lee and Pat Witt, Prince Amukamara, Niles Paul, Kunalic and Henery, Major Culbert... the list goes on and on, and these are just the kids that sprung to mind off the top of my head. These are really talented guys who can play with anyone, given the proper coaching and motivation.

I refuse to despair because a few multi-star recruits have legitimate concerns about the direction of our program. Even if they all decide to go elsewhere, we'll still be OK. It all comes down to coaching, and right now we have a serious problem there.

As for the fans, you have to expect that you'll find both good and bad fans everywhere. The bad fans have always been here at Nebraska, it's just that their voices are usually drowned out so they don't get the press. The media is only too happy to report these kinds of incidents these days, so now we're hearing about it more and more. Ignore those bad fans, or better yet tell them to shut their mouths.

Yeah I agree that we do have allot of talent, just the talent isn't coming together right now. My fear is that even if we get a new coach and pull out a "descent" team next year we will loose allot of the "built in" talent and be left with nothing and that will lead to a really bad season, and that will lead to less good recruits...and the cycle continues.

As for coaching, my vote is in for either Bo Pellini or Greg Schiano (Rutgers). As for brining back nostalgic players as coaches its just a horrid idea...horrid. I don't think Osborne will be stupid. His job right now is to attract solid coaches due to his rep.

Trashy Fans

Recruiting

Recruiting

More Bad Coaching?

Someone give me hope!!!

Welcome aboard! I believe the main problem is that we have built such a contempt for the current coaching staff (Cally & Coz) and the former AD that we've unfairly let it spill over to the players and the program!

Hang in there, the healing process began with the hiring of Osborne and will continue with the firing of Cally and Coz. Recruiting will be OK! Nebraska will always be able to recruit good players, we may lose some over this, but at least the guys we do get will be guys who really want to be here for the right reasons-wearing the scarlet and cream and the N on the helmet. Fans are fans, although were frustrated right now you can believe there's NO OTHER TEAM we'd rather cheer for!

Welcome aboard! I believe the main problem is that we have built such a contempt for the current coaching staff (Cally & Coz) and the former AD that we've unfairly let it spill over to the players and the program!

Hang in there, the healing process began with the hiring of Osborne and will continue with the firing of Cally and Coz. Recruiting will be OK! Nebraska will always be able to recruit good players, we may lose some over this, but at least the guys we do get will be guys who really want to be here for the right reasons-wearing the scarlet and cream and the N on the helmet. Fans are fans, although were frustrated right now you can believe there's NO OTHER TEAM we'd rather cheer for!

I love you

Im like some of you and im saying something needs to be done sometime really really soon about the headcoaching job and the rest of the staff. With the lose of jonas gray thats absoultley HUGE and with the coaches not notifying the recruites and not letting them know whats going on makes it worse sure the coaching staff is unsure of the state of coaching staff but at least call the recruits and let them know something.

So if something isnt done soon our recruiting class is going to plumit into the ground.

Im like some of you and im saying something needs to be done sometime really really soon about the headcoaching job and the rest of the staff. With the lose of jonas gray thats absoultley HUGE and with the coaches not notifying the recruites and not letting them know whats going on makes it worse sure the coaching staff is unsure of the state of coaching staff but at least call the recruits and let them know something.

So if something isnt done soon our recruiting class is going to plumit into the ground.

I agree something needs to be done asap to salvage whatever recruiting class we have left. The good thing is that no recruits sign anything till february, so even if TO waits till after the CU game, it should still give the new staff a chance to get to know the current recruits and steal some new ones. Don't get me wrong I think the firing should have already happened, but I'm just trying to look at the bright side.

Trashy Fans

Recruiting

Recruiting

More Bad Coaching?

Someone give me hope!!!

Just believe... Bob Stoops, year 2. The talent is here... just play damnit!

I think a lot of us figured that we would lose a big part of this recruiting class, maybe over half and who can blame them if they do decommit. What about the search for the next head coach, who ever they interview has got to wonder who the next AD is going to be and will they be able to get along with them. T.O is only here for a couple of years, so he says. It's a touchy situation right now. Lot of questions left to be answered.

GBR!!!

IMO, Jonas Gray would have been huge if we didn't have anyone below Lucky and Glenn. However, we have Castille, Helu, & Mendoza who are all true freshmen now. Losing a top RB this year isn't really that big of deal unless in the next 2 or 3 years there aren't any really good RB's coming out of high school. I was really surprised he was even looking to come here considering we're pretty "stacked" right now at RB.

We have a lot bigger needs than RB. How about nearly every LB graduating this year. Or, nearly every DB graduating this year. We have bigger needs than RB and QB.