What if..

I was thinking "IF" we beat Texas in some act of God where does that put Callahan. I mean I am with everyone on getting Callahan out of here as fast as possible, but does a win at Texas mean he would be making positive changes? Callahan is giving the offensive duties to Watson and it seems like he is making changes. Does Osborne stick with him if he beats Texas and turns this year around a little bit or is Wild Bill screwed no matter what?

I was thinking "IF" we beat Texas in some act of God where does that put Callahan. I mean I am with everyone on getting Callahan out of here as fast as possible, but does a win at Texas mean he would be making positive changes? Callahan is giving the offensive duties to Watson and it seems like he is making changes. Does Osborne stick with him if he beats Texas and turns this year around a little bit or is Wild Bill screwed no matter what?

Capital S-C-R-E-W-E-D

Capital S-C-R-E-W-E-D

You know, if he made changes -- significant changes; I'd have to give it some consideration. After all, if it was obvious that the changes made directly affected the outcome, in a positive way, why not think it through?

Personally, positive changes would have to include us winning our next 4 games. I still think Coz needs to go, regardless

I really don't see any possible way for Callahan to turn it around, though.

I really want Pelini here -- but I don't know if Osborne would fire BC if it looked as if the corrections have been made -- i.e. us winning the rest of our games.

The one thing I'm afraid of, though, is that if we don't hire Pelini after this season...the Pelini ship will have set sail forever.

Beating Texas would be SWEET no matter what else it means. Maybe even sweeter this year because we are such an average team.

I see what you are saying and to clear it up for you... He's toast. He's lost the support, he's lost the team, he's lost the fans, he's lost the boosters, he's lost the state. Nothing will change it.

I will wish him the best wherever he ends up in a few years. I think he tried his best, and it simply did not work.

For the team, for recuiting, and for husker fans I hope we can do well in the remainder of the season. That said, it would not only take an act of a god to win those games, but and act of a god for Cally to keep his job. Like it was mentioned above, the losses to this point have left a scar. SP and BC have drove a wedge in NU Traditions. TO will remove that wedge. Cally is a goner.

Taking some HUGE miracle happens and BC stays, I believe it will be with some huge conditions. I believe that he will be asked to give up playcalling, he will be forced to get rid of Coz and Co., he will have to totally overhaul how he runs practices and prepares the players, and he should take a course called "Cornhusker Traditions: The History and Philosophy of what it means to be Husker" taught it a year-long course by TO and any and every former Husker player that wishes to take part.

AHEM! We have 6 more games. We still have a chance to win the North and go to a bowl game. Until there is no chance, that is what I will believe.

3 conference losses is more or less a closed case for the division. It would take NU to win out, and MU and KU to lose out. A loss to Kansas alone makes it a done deal.

And given what the conference looks like, we NEED 7 wins to make a bowl. The big 12 has 8 bowl tie ins. 5 teams from the south already have 6 wins, and you can count on them all making 1 more, with maybe A&M dropping the last part and ending 6-6. MU and KU are locks for bowls also. ISU has been eliminated. And baylor would have to win out.

That leaves NU, KSU and CU to fight for 1 slot.

KSU has ISU and Baylor to play still, so count them for 6 wins right there, ANd they can pick up a win between MU, NU and Fresno.

CU has ISU as a Gimmie. With TT, MU and NU remaining. 6-6 probable outcome there.

Now here is the issue. As OU, Texas, TT, OSU, KU, MU, KSU will all take slots, if A&M or CU get to 7, they go before a possible 6-6 team. At large bids(from either bowls that do not have 2 conference tie ins, or conferences that do no meet their bids) MUST go to a team with better than .500 before any team with a 6-6 gets in. Meaning a 7-5 Sun belt or CUSA gets a bid before a 6-6 NU would.