MONTE KIFFIN

I thought Monte was interested in the job after Solich was fired and kind of po'd that he did not get an interview...or maybe my memory is mush...

You remember correctly. And as has already been stated, Ruud said on the Jim Rome Show that he thought there was no chance of that happening. Doesn't mean it won't happen, but there's also no reason to think it will.

I dont think Monte would have no problem recruiting defensive players. They would jump at the chance to play for a guy who can prepare them to play defense in the NFL.....And he could since he invented modern NFL defense.

Hmmm....this sounds eerily familiar......Is this perhaps what people thought when Callahan came in??????? That experiment has turned out great as you can see (see 2004-2007 seasons)

Monte Kiffin was born in Lexington, NE. He shed blood on the field for the Huskers as a player from 1959-1963. He coached with Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne for 10 Years and was a coach for the National Title Teams of that era.

Is currently the longest tenured defensive coordinator in the NFL at 25 seasons. As DC for Tampa Bay Bucaneers, he is the father of the often imitated 'Tampa Cover 2' defense. Monte Kiffin has established himself as one the NFL's best defensive minds of the modern era. Led the Bucs to a Super Bowl win in '02 that was fueled by the best defense in the NFL since the '85 Bears. Has kept the Tampa Bays defense as one of the best in the league for over 10 straight seasons.

Completley ignored by Steve Pederson after Solich firing. Would bring Nebraska a Pete Caroll at USC type coach. There is no better choice t be the Head Football Coach at Nebraska in 08.

even if he wanted to leave the NFL i dont think that he would with TO in place. I am still guessing that there are some hard feelings when TO got picked to lead the huskers over Kiffin. I know that he is a husker for life but this is just my opinion

Monte Kiffin was born in Lexington, NE. He shed blood on the field for the Huskers as a player from 1959-1963. He coached with Bob Devaney and Tom Osborne for 10 Years and was a coach for the National Title Teams of that era.

Is currently the longest tenured defensive coordinator in the NFL at 25 seasons. As DC for Tampa Bay Bucaneers, he is the father of the often imitated 'Tampa Cover 2' defense. Monte Kiffin has established himself as one the NFL's best defensive minds of the modern era. Led the Bucs to a Super Bowl win in '02 that was fueled by the best defense in the NFL since the '85 Bears. Has kept the Tampa Bays defense as one of the best in the league for over 10 straight seasons.

Completley ignored by Steve Pederson after Solich firing. Would bring Nebraska a Pete Caroll at USC type coach. There is no better choice t be the Head Football Coach at Nebraska in 08.

even if he wanted to leave the NFL i dont think that he would with TO in place. I am still guessing that there are some hard feelings when TO got picked to lead the huskers over Kiffin. I know that he is a husker for life but this is just my opinion

Wrong. If you've ever heard him interviewed he ALWAYS talks of TO in the most glowing terms.

i understand we all want/need the next head coach to be around for awhile, but what if the next coach turns out like cally did? is nebraska just goin to give the next guy his 4 years and then let him go? because at some point if they dont give the next guy the time he needs, nobody is going to want to coach at nebraska. if that hasnt already happened, since Callahan was the 5th choice anyways.

I doubt he's too old, but I think he has a strong desire to coach against his Son (Lance) at least once before he retires.

~5 years might just be about perfect to turn this program in the right direction and by that time, Al Davis will probably be tired of Lance and maybe we can get a Good Raider Castoff.

I doubt he's too old, but I think he has a strong desire to coach against his Son (Lance) at least once before he retires.

~5 years might just be about perfect to turn this program in the right direction and by that time, Al Davis will probably be tired of Lance and maybe we can get a Good Raider Castoff.

Do we wnat anymore Raider castoffs? :hmmph:)