KU fans are the worst in the Big 12

godd2

Well my guess is that I have attended more games than 95% of you on this board. I have been going to college football games all accross the country for nearly 50 years.

I have never encountered a problem, never ever. I have attended games at every major stadium but Penn State.

It amazes me that these things happen. I am not doubting that they do, but I have never seen it period.

I have seen fights between the fans, but normally it was well deserved. I have never seen a senior or young child attacked.

I have heard the derogatory remarks, but normally coming from a drunk frat boy that really has no clue of where he is at or doing.

I attended the SC/Oregon State game last nite. Great fans and very very friendly. We had a group of Beaver fans right next us and had a great time with them.

Your normally get what you sow.

At the Missouri game my wife and I were walking to the stadium when a truck full of Missouri college students stopped and offered us a ride in the pick up bed. We took them up on it, even though they were pretty well juicied up. Saved us a two mile walk. They were very friendly and wished us luck and have fun.

I guess I have just been lucky, but I have always been friendly to every fan I meet, I do not dislike any team, other than maybe Michigan. But I have attended games at the big house and never had a problem there, some comments after 97, but never anything that caused alarm.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to a young person and a senior citizen. I am in my 60's and would hate to think I could not attend the games I enjoy more than anything in life.

It is time we all took notice of the NCAA advertiesemtns on being good sports.

These are people just like you and your family, and should always be treated that way.

There is no room for hate in college football.

:clap I am in 'skerfan's generation (60 plus), and that has been my experience also. People who act like that are 1) usually drunk, or 2) just like that about everything, not just college football.

fans classy. players are not.

-The senior receiver Shevin Wiggins was arrested and charged Friday with sexual assault of a child. He was accused of fondling two 14-year-old girls, Lancaster County Attorney Gary Lacey said.

-Nebraska's starting wide receiver Maurice Purify was arrested Saturday night in Lincoln. According to the Lincoln Police Department, Purify was arrested on two counts of assault and one count of resisting arrest.

A former Nebraska running back, Scott Baldwin, was in serious condition today following surgery after he was shot in a fight with the police Saturday night, a hospital spokeswoman said

-LINCOLN, Neb. — Wide receiver Maurice Purify was suspended indefinitely from the Nebraska football team Friday after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving, his second run-in with law enforcement in five weeks.

-Lawrence Phillips

-While at Nebraska, Peter was convicted four times, including once for sexual assault, and arrested eight times, The Boston Globe reported in 2004.

-Former Husker running back Lawrence Phillips stayed on Osborne and Solich's team despite a terrifying assault on his girlfriend in which the women was dragged down three flights of stairs and reportedly bashed against a mailbox

-in the NFL, the Rams, Dolphins and 49ers ridded themselves of Phillips, but Nebraska would have allowed him back for his senior season if he hadn't gone pro. Phillips graduated to more and bigger crimes, and is currently in prison.

Ok, that's not even fair.

Like half of those are because of stupid women. :box:box:box

Well, in Columbia 2 years ago, the dips$&ts tore down the goal posts after beating an unranked Nebraska team on their home field. As they are walking through campus chanting "f#*k nebraska! f#*k nebraska!" one dipsh*t proceeds to get in my wife's face(she is 5'2") and say "yeah, f#*k you, f#*k nebraska!" Does anyone honestly think that is right? Maybe Husker Nation missed that day in class where they taught you how you are supposed to cater to opposing fans with profanities and violence. God bless our stupid asses for treating others like human beings.

That is an awful thing to have happen to your bride. I don't understand why this happens in any stadium. We always meet fans of the other schools, home or away, and have a great time. Always great to get other fans perspectives, share a libation, make new friends. It amazes me how hostile that people get over a game.

Kansas fans call MU fans slavers...lol Always wanting to fight over the civil war.

That is a group that is very hard to talk about college athletics. They are brutal.

no one f'd with us in Lawerence on 05...my dad and his 3 sons, average of us 4:

6'2" 210lbs of Scarlet and Cream wearing badass.

in fact when other people were getting heckled on the way out, when we got close they shut their mouths.

That probably explains why they chose to knock over a 14 yr old and his grandfather. :thumbs

fans classy. players are not.

-The senior receiver Shevin Wiggins was arrested and charged Friday with sexual assault of a child. He was accused of fondling two 14-year-old girls, Lancaster County Attorney Gary Lacey said.

-Nebraska's starting wide receiver Maurice Purify was arrested Saturday night in Lincoln. According to the Lincoln Police Department, Purify was arrested on two counts of assault and one count of resisting arrest.

A former Nebraska running back, Scott Baldwin, was in serious condition today following surgery after he was shot in a fight with the police Saturday night, a hospital spokeswoman said

-LINCOLN, Neb. — Wide receiver Maurice Purify was suspended indefinitely from the Nebraska football team Friday after his arrest on suspicion of drunken driving, his second run-in with law enforcement in five weeks.

-Lawrence Phillips

-While at Nebraska, Peter was convicted four times, including once for sexual assault, and arrested eight times, The Boston Globe reported in 2004.

-Former Husker running back Lawrence Phillips stayed on Osborne and Solich's team despite a terrifying assault on his girlfriend in which the women was dragged down three flights of stairs and reportedly bashed against a mailbox

-in the NFL, the Rams, Dolphins and 49ers ridded themselves of Phillips, but Nebraska would have allowed him back for his senior season if he hadn't gone pro. Phillips graduated to more and bigger crimes, and is currently in prison.

What school do you cheer for? Are you alleging that none of the players from your school of choice have had run-ins with the law? Even several as serious as these?

Grow up.

this is proof that this sh#t is serious---my mom never missed on of my dad's games while he played. she is FROM colorado and they were married in college. at a CU game, listen deaf buffalo, they used to serve alcohol inside the stadium and during a usual Husker rout, a student threw a glass beer bottle and hit a cop pulling CROWD CONTROL right in the head about 4 feet in front of my mom. the cop was paralyzed(he was knocked unconscience and fell about 3 feet on his neck) and had to be rushed to the emergency room. my mom went and visited him about 3 days later and he was injured from the waist down. you guys hurt even your own people!! and this sh#t happened in 1970's......the next year in Lincoln 6 buffs fans were arrested in the visitors section for throwing frozen oranges on the field, hitting a Buffs cheerleader in the eye....etc.. etc...

Oh yes, those HORRIBLE Colorado students, how could 5 of them throw empty water bottles at a patch of Folsom's grass? My god, it's amazing that one of the Nebraska players (standing 50 yards away) wasn't seriously injured by one of those things, they weigh at least 2 ounces!

Went to the ISU game in Ames in '03 I think, they beat us, my 8 yr old son and I who are Huskers along with my Hubby who is a Clone were walking out. Some drunk sob got in my 8 yr olds face and called him a loser. Needless to say my hubby had a chat with the gentlemen while he was holding him off the ground, while other ISU fans, that were very nice helped my son and myself out the gates to wait by security.

Your "hubby" still owes me for the buttons he ripped off my shirt :angry:

And I didn't say your kid was a "loser"...I actually said "Good game to you sir"...it just came out kind of...uh...slurry.

this is proof that this sh#t is serious---my mom never missed on of my dad's games while he played. she is FROM colorado and they were married in college. at a CU game, listen deaf buffalo, they used to serve alcohol inside the stadium and during a usual Husker rout, a student threw a glass beer bottle and hit a cop pulling CROWD CONTROL right in the head about 4 feet in front of my mom. the cop was paralyzed(he was knocked unconscience and fell about 3 feet on his neck) and had to be rushed to the emergency room. my mom went and visited him about 3 days later and he was injured from the waist down. you guys hurt even your own people!! and this sh#t happened in 1970's......the next year in Lincoln 6 buffs fans were arrested in the visitors section for throwing frozen oranges on the field, hitting a Buffs cheerleader in the eye....etc.. etc...

I'd be interested to see some proof that what your alleging actually happened, but regardless of how sensational your vintage stories are, your point is unquestionably moot.

What you're saying would in fact be proof that this "sh#t" WAS serious in the 1970's.

What you're saying is in no way proof that this "sh#t" IS serious in 2007.

In closing, I'd strongly suggest that you never ever see a play in Ford's Theater, you WILL be shot. I have proof...

Well my guess is that I have attended more games than 95% of you on this board. I have been going to college football games all accross the country for nearly 50 years.

I have never encountered a problem, never ever. I have attended games at every major stadium but Penn State.

It amazes me that these things happen. I am not doubting that they do, but I have never seen it period.

I have seen fights between the fans, but normally it was well deserved. I have never seen a senior or young child attacked.

I have heard the derogatory remarks, but normally coming from a drunk frat boy that really has no clue of where he is at or doing.

I attended the SC/Oregon State game last nite. Great fans and very very friendly. We had a group of Beaver fans right next us and had a great time with them.

Your normally get what you sow.

At the Missouri game my wife and I were walking to the stadium when a truck full of Missouri college students stopped and offered us a ride in the pick up bed. We took them up on it, even though they were pretty well juicied up. Saved us a two mile walk. They were very friendly and wished us luck and have fun.

I guess I have just been lucky, but I have always been friendly to every fan I meet, I do not dislike any team, other than maybe Michigan. But I have attended games at the big house and never had a problem there, some comments after 97, but never anything that caused alarm.

I am sorry to hear that this happened to a young person and a senior citizen. I am in my 60's and would hate to think I could not attend the games I enjoy more than anything in life.

It is time we all took notice of the NCAA advertiesemtns on being good sports.

These are people just like you and your family, and should always be treated that way.

There is no room for hate in college football.

Great post...and a good primer (pun intended) on how our fans should act when visiting other stadiums.

But getting smacked by snowballs in Boulder is not a fun experience.

I've had egotistical fans at other stadiums try to piss me off with their taunts but I engage those sitting around me during the game with football strategies that are being played in front of us and win their respect. Then I have the 'homers' helping when the idiots yell or try to throw junk at the wifey and me.

As a College football fan since the early 40s and a former legal resident of 18 States, my top 10 WORST fans are as follows:

1. Penn State

2. Colorado

3. Missouri

4. Georgia

5. Miami

6. Michigan

7. Kansas

8. Texas A & M

9. Wisconsin

10. Virginia Tech.

Top 10 BEST fans:

1. Auburn

2. Nebraska

3. Texas

4. Ohio State

5. Stanford

6. Air Force

7. Tennessee

8. Illinois

9. Washington

10. Arkansas

Oh NO!!!! You are scaring me with the low ranking of VT...

I have my daughter working her former VaTech roommates for tickets for the N game in Blacksburg next fall...I've already received an email back from one of them they would do whatever necessary to get us a couple as they really want to come back to Lincoln in '09. I promised them it was a done deal then. But he did comment that I was nuts for planning ahead for the VT game so far in advance as he wants to see how this season plays out.

I told him our season 'was already played out' and it was time to move on to 2008! :hellloooo

I also have a friend that has a daughter that works at VT. I'm working that angle too.

BTW, I am also working the aforementioned connections to see if they know who the next N coach will be and I'll post as soon as they let me know! :rollin:rollin:rollin

As a College football fan since the early 40s and a former legal resident of 18 States, my top 10 WORST fans are as follows:

1. Penn State

2. Colorado

3. Missouri

4. Georgia

5. Miami

6. Michigan

7. Kansas

8. Texas A & M

9. Wisconsin

10. Virginia Tech.

Top 10 BEST fans:

1. Auburn

2. Nebraska

3. Texas

4. Ohio State

5. Stanford

6. Air Force

7. Tennessee

8. Illinois

9. Washington

10. Arkansas

Now I know this list is silly because Georgia has one of the finest reputations in the SEC for places to watch a game. Even 'Bama and LSU fans love going to Athens for a game. You can place us at the top, doesn't realy matter to me, because I know how I have personally acted towards people opposite of my team and I can speak that I have always enjoyed the company. One of my fondest memories was attending a CU basketball game as a Freshman in '91 and trading some competitive banter with a KU fan and we actually beat KU, he and I were ribbing each other throughout the contest and at the end we shook hands and wished each other well. My ultimate goal, I now live in south Alabama, is to go back to CU for the CU/NU game and try and sit near a Bugeater and shair the experience with him/her. Then the following year go to a game at Memorial for the same contest. I think if you seek out knowledgible fans and regardless of affilition you can have a good time.

Colorado can make "excuses" for their student section all they want, but they are still trashy a$$hole$. Case in point: Last year two CU students sat right in the middle of the student section in the seats right behind me. Guess how many times someone called them a$$hole$ or told them to get the hell out of there or really said anything to them: 0

Say what you will about not even going near student sections, but this was students with students and there still weren't problems in LINCOLN!

Colorado can make "excuses" for their student section all they want, but they are still trashy a$$hole$. Case in point: Last year two CU students sat right in the middle of the student section in the seats right behind me. Guess how many times someone called them a$$hole$ or told them to get the hell out of there or really said anything to them: 0

Say what you will about not even going near student sections, but this was students with students and there still weren't problems in LINCOLN!

Your list of A-hole fans though seem to be growing, CU, KSU, KU, Mizzou, ISU, and so forth, let's not forget your lack of love for Texas Tech, do you see my point? Every school has A-holes, sure some may seem to have a few more, but like a previous poster said, if you go looking for trouble, you will probably find it. I would love nothing better then to go to a game in Boulder with you, go to The Sink for a pizza, perhaps this little Nepalese place and then go to a game, if anyone did anything remotely possible that made you feel like you were going to get your ass kicked I would be the first one to get in front of the punch. Make no mistake, I dislike the Cornhuskers more then you could know, but I want the action to take place on the field, not in either stands.

Your list of A-hole fans though seem to be growing, CU, KSU, KU, Mizzou, ISU, and so forth, let's not forget your lack of love for Texas Tech, do you see my point? Every school has A-holes, sure some may seem to have a few more, but like a previous poster said, if you go looking for trouble, you will probably find it. I would love nothing better then to go to a game in Boulder with you, go to The Sink for a pizza, perhaps this little Nepalese place and then go to a game, if anyone did anything remotely possible that made you feel like you were going to get your ass kicked I would be the first one to get in front of the punch. Make no mistake, I dislike the Cornhuskers more then you could know, but I want the action to take place on the field, not in either stands.

I was at the CU Mizzou game this week and saw absolutely nothing bad happen. In fact, a couple of drunk Mizzou fans were talking smack as some Colorado fans were filing out of the stadium in the 3rd quarter. The CU fans were bigger and outnumberd the Mizzou fans, but the CU fans just ignored them and walked off.