Who Is The Biggest Looser?

T_O_Bull

:bonez:angry::angry::bonez

Well here we go, a topic on JRIB is who has sunk lower Nebraska or Notre Dame? Romie and T. Moore are pitching ND and Tom Friend thinks its Nebraska. Loosing 10 of 11 obviously says its ND and especially since their last loss was to the Naval Academy. Nothing against the Navy. One point Friend made was that Calli's Raiders gave up on him his last year in Oakland and now there is a repeat performance in Lincoln. The house cleaning begins the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I for one will be washing down the loeftovers with Red Beer as soon as I hear the news.

...T_O_B

I'd say NU. While we have 4 wins....we have 6 losses. ND lost A LOT from last season. They had a backup that had no experience and a true freshman for QBs. It was going to be impressive for them to hit 500 with that roster and schedule. On the other hand....this was supposed to be THE YEAR for us. All of the pieces were 'coming together' for a run following up a Big XII north appearance. As we have seen, we have unexpectedly fallen on our faces....ND was kind of expected to.

I'd say NU. While we have 4 wins....we have 6 losses. ND lost A LOT from last season. They had a backup that had no experience and a true freshman for QBs. It was going to be impressive for them to hit 500 with that roster and schedule. On the other hand....this was supposed to be THE YEAR for us. All of the pieces were 'coming together' for a run following up a Big XII north appearance. As we have seen, we have unexpectedly fallen on our faces....ND was kind of expected to.

:yeah

That pretty much sums it up. We knew coming into this season that we had an inexperienced D-Line, but we were supposed to have this great offense chock full of talent at every position from QB to RB to WR to O-Line.

The best-laid plans of mice and men... :dunno

Since you asked the question I really don't know which one is more loose thus being looser.

Not to pick on anyones spelling, sentence structure or vocabulary but personally the title of the post might be the only complete answer to your question. I'll be the first to admit I would have flunked english in highschool if I hadn't been so cute.

Frankly I don't believe either program is a loser. They may be losing but not losers.

Sorry I just find great humor in losing vs. loosing and loser vs. looser. Somebody wrote looser on a car down the street a while back. We joked that only a loser would spell it looser. If you know, now, no what I mean. He He He

Well here we go, a topic on JRIB is who has sunk lower Nebraska or Notre Dame? Romie and T. Moore are pitching ND and Tom Friend thinks its Nebraska. Loosing 10 of 11 obviously says its ND and especially since their last loss was to the Naval Academy. Nothing against the Navy. One point Friend made was that Calli's Raiders gave up on him his last year in Oakland and now there is a repeat performance in Lincoln. The house cleaning begins the Saturday after Thanksgiving. I for one will be washing down the loeftovers with Red Beer as soon as I hear the news.

...T_O_B

You must be a winner, you can't even spell loser!! :woo

...T_O_B

Not to overrate recruiting 'stars' but if you look at next years Notre Dame team, and if those kids pan out, there's a couple of national championships in that class. I've never been a fan of Notre Dame, and don't follow too closely (I let my buddy in South Bend do it for me), but I think Weiss's surgery and subsequent law suit distracted him this season. He'll remain and be good next season, while NU rebuilds for 3-5 years.

Notre Dame and NU both have no excuses. Inexperience doesn't happen by itself. We always complain about not having qb's very long etc. ND has young ones, whose fault is that? ND's coach is only in his second year, so he would say the talent wasn't there when he came on board, but I'm telling you now, they are headed to the same place we are. Their Callahan just has a different name.

Not to overrate recruiting 'stars' but if you look at next years Notre Dame team, and if those kids pan out, there's a couple of national championships in that class. I've never been a fan of Notre Dame, and don't follow too closely (I let my buddy in South Bend do it for me), but I think Weiss's surgery and subsequent law suit distracted him this season. He'll remain and be good next season, while NU rebuilds for 3-5 years.

Couple of things - I think you are overrating recruiting stars. The recruiting services have been "off" quite a bit lately (see: Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, etc.) and further whatever a kid does in High School really doesn't mean much to their success in College, just like success in College means next to nothing in predicting success in the Pros (see: Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, etc.)

Also, don't count on Nebraska needing even three years to "rebuild." We have an atrocious coaching staff that can recruit players but cannot coach them or gameplan properly. We have a LOT of talent on this team, and a lot of young talent. See what Bob Stoops did with the players he inherited his first year, and his MNC in year #2. We have that kind of talent on our team, we just have a staff who doesn't know how to motivate or exploit it.

Couple of things - I think you are overrating recruiting stars. The recruiting services have been "off" quite a bit lately (see: Notre Dame, Nebraska, Michigan, etc.) and further whatever a kid does in High School really doesn't mean much to their success in College, just like success in College means next to nothing in predicting success in the Pros (see: Ryan Leaf, Joey Harrington, Mike Williams, etc.)

Also, don't count on Nebraska needing even three years to "rebuild." We have an atrocious coaching staff that can recruit players but cannot coach them or gameplan properly. We have a LOT of talent on this team, and a lot of young talent. See what Bob Stoops did with the players he inherited his first year, and his MNC in year #2. We have that kind of talent on our team, we just have a staff who doesn't know how to motivate or exploit it.

The recruiting services may be off some of the time, but even if they're 50% wrong, this looks like a pretty decent incoming class:

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...8&School=55

Since you asked the question I really don't know which one is more loose thus being looser.

Not to pick on anyones spelling, sentence structure or vocabulary but personally the title of the post might be the only complete answer to your question. I'll be the first to admit I would have flunked english in highschool if I hadn't been so cute.

Frankly I don't believe either program is a loser. They may be losing but not losers.

Sorry I just find great humor in losing vs. loosing and loser vs. looser. Somebody wrote looser on a car down the street a while back. We joked that only a loser would spell it looser. If you know, now, no what I mean. He He He

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

That's is why I dated an English major all through college. She helped me make the Dean's List 13 of 15 quarters. Smartest thing I ever did.

...T_O_B

:bonez:hellloooo:hellloooo:bonez

:sarcasm

...T_O_B

You must be a winner, you can't even spell loser!! :woo

Yeah, I graduated from Iowa State. :sarcasm:rollin

Get a life, you know what I ment.

...T_O_B

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap