Did any of you see Callahan leave the field after the game?

np_husker

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Not as shameful as how he's been treated for 5 weeks. THAT'S SHAMEFUL!

Or the way he coached for 5 weeks. That is shameful!

So you're justifying blood thirsty hate mongerring and a lynch mob mentality because of bad coaching calls? Sure he didn't coach well but it's not about HIM, it's about how the coaches families and children have been treated. When that line was crossed by the fans, which is was with Cosgrove's kid in a HS football game and Callahans family just moving to not deal with anything, that is disgraceful. Hell of a lot more shameful than a bad coaching job. THEN those same fans standing over the walkway want to make amends and they get mad when he doesn't kiss their asses, it's ridiculous! He doesn't need them and in a couple weeks we won't need him anymore either. I don't know why fans can't just be civil and let him be after a win. I don't want him to coach next year either but I don't tear him down like "the best fans in college football". :box

Well your statement tells me one of two things. 1) You know and were a part of the people messing with the families or 2) You saw the treatement of their families and stood by and just watched. Which one is it DAN? I mean you claim that it's the "same" fans. How do you know it's the same people? Get a grip. The people messing with the families sure as hell aren't in the stands cheering the team on. If you truelly believe this, then I've got some ocean front property in SW Nebraska for sale.

(coachspeak instead of straight answers - that's not Husker Football. Nope).

This is lame because we all now how entertaining and insightful TO and Frankie's press conference were. Come on the last 3 coaches at NU have said nothing but coachspeak.

I left right after the handshake as well. :madash I noticed Callahan walking off the field with the "pack of wolves" right behind him. I also noticed a crap-load of "The Greatest Fans in America" waving good-bye to him with stupida$$ smiles on their faces. :wacko: (also noticed the classy ones calpping for him :thumbs )

On a side note, on that same crappy call-in show some retard called in and said that Callahan got in his face at halftime because that moron was telling Callahan and Wagner what he thought of them. The crappy host(who knows nothing about sports but that is another topic) was eating it up and will probably report it as fact even though it probably didn't happen. I was on that call-in show after the game and the crappy host kind of side stepped my questions. :corndance

you are one hell of a moderater....

I don't know what this has to do with anything. Just because I have "Mod" below my name doesn't mean I can't post on topics. Next time I'll try to post with more "Mod-speak".

Back to the topic. This guy can't do anything right. Don't worry he won't be around in a couple weeks and some new guy will come in for the masses to bash.

I was at the game in in the Northwest corner and it just burned me that he left the field because it was just one more thing in college football that he missed out on. College football is about emotion, chemistry, the student body, the band, etc., etc.... this isn't the pros.

Callahan alwasy call's these players his "kids", well all of you parents tell me something, when your kids do something great to you leave without celebrating at all with them? So I guess when his kids graduate, win a state title, or get married... he'll just leave because it's not about him it's about them.

Come on that is a bunch of bull, go out there and have a good time and celebrate with your senior "kids" and walk off the field with them for their last time.

As a football, wrestling, and baseball Mom, I will tell you this: When my boys won a game, was a champion in his weight class, or hit a home run.....of course I celebrated with them. But AFTER they had celebrated with their team or as an individual. That moment belonged to them! It was "theirs"! (My oldest son got married in May and yes, we celebrated with them, but the day belonged to HIM. ) Just a Mom's opinion.......

I am not saying he should run out on the field and celebrate with them after a touchdown or a big tackle. But when all the players... and also THE REST OF THE COACHING STAFF is in a group saluting the fans you should join in, that's what builds chemistry and a willingness to play for one another that this team doesn't have. Everything starts at the top and when the head coach distances himself from the team, what kind of example does that set for the players.

I am guessing you didn't see before the Texas game either when the team came onto the field that Callhan ran out way ahead of the team instead of coming out together as a TEAM.

You guys can apologize for him all you want but pull down the blinders and see that this guy has ruined so many thing that makes us NEBRASKA... he has never embrased the college game and it has torn our program down.

Your only as good as your last game, oops most sure don't want to hear that.

We won the game. He has the right to celebrate anyway he sees fit.

I have yet to hear one word from the players complaining about BC. We know nothing of their relationships.

Maybe he was told to be some where after the game. Maybe Tom wanted to talk to him.

Leave the guy alone. He is doing the best he can. Most of you will not be satisfed with who ever the coach is anyway so give it a rest.

REMEMBER WE WON THE FRIPPEN GAME. TRY AND BE POSITIVE FOR JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES.

I have yet to hear one word from the players complaining about BC. We know nothing of their relationships.

Maybe he was told to be some where after the game. Maybe Tom wanted to talk to him.

Leave the guy alone. He is doing the best he can. Most of you will not be satisfed with who ever the coach is anyway so give it a rest.

REMEMBER WE WON THE FRIPPEN GAME. TRY AND BE POSITIVE FOR JUST A COUPLE OF MINUTES.

Exactly!!!! We have no control over what's going to happen so I'm going to enjoy the win because it was a HUGE win for us. :bonez

skers has a good point, BUT the last time i saw ANY VISIBLE CHEMISTRY (and this sticks solely in my mind)

was when Pelini was running out on the field and congratulating the defense on stops, sacks and INT's.

that type of activity may mean very little to the kids (you would have a hard time making me believe that) but it sure seemed contagious to the type of aggressive play that was a trademark of the last real Blackshirt defense I saw play at NU.......and that is all i have to say about that!!!!!!

Im as upset about all things Callahan as the next guy. The only thing I have to say about this topic is, isn't the singing thing something Callahan started? Shouldnt he partake in it if he started it? That shows me that he has given up. Im not saying anything about acknowledging fans or anything else. But he started the new tradition (which i think is great) if he doesnt support his own tradition hes quit IMO.

Yes, I was at the game and he left the field in a damn hurry. Didn't stay to celebrate with players/fans/band or anything. It was pretty shameful after a huge win :hmmph

Not as shameful as how he's been treated for 5 weeks. THAT'S SHAMEFUL!

Or the way he coached for 5 weeks. That is shameful!

So you're justifying blood thirsty hate mongerring and a lynch mob mentality because of bad coaching calls? Sure he didn't coach well but it's not about HIM, it's about how the coaches families and children have been treated. When that line was crossed by the fans, which is was with Cosgrove's kid in a HS football game and Callahans family just moving to not deal with anything, that is disgraceful. Hell of a lot more shameful than a bad coaching job. THEN those same fans standing over the walkway want to make amends and they get mad when he doesn't kiss their asses, it's ridiculous! He doesn't need them and in a couple weeks we won't need him anymore either. I don't know why fans can't just be civil and let him be after a win. I don't want him to coach next year either but I don't tear him down like "the best fans in college football". :box

I have never liked Callahan, but I have never felt that he or his family should be heckled they way some fans have. I also have never heard that he has had much interaction with fans or anyone else, so leaving after the win on Saturday does not sound so out of character. Nor do I blame him given what has been said the last 5 weeks.

That said, I do not want him here a moment longer. I do not look at him as the cause of the win, I look at the players rallying around their new QB.

:bonez:bonez:box

I'm talking about all the behind-the-scenes stuff, like the huge walk-on program (pared down to nothing under Callahan), ---NOT TRUE Plenty of walk-ons have played and have been awarded scholarships since Callahan has been here. The rumor that the walk on program is null and void under Callahan is BS. It has been downsized yes, nothing wrong in that, to a managable number but it is still a vitale part of the program. Get your facts straight my friend.

Tom Osborne had as many as 200 walk ons a year. Frank Solich generally kept around 30.

This year Billy C has 12. Sounds like it's been pretty much destroyed to me.