Marlon Lucky

ironmike

I think that the biggest thing that hampered Lucky this season is that we kept getting down by such large deficits early that the running game was more or less abandoned and he was unable to find a rhythm. If he's back next year (and it seems as if that's the consensus), I think he could do some big things with some smart (hopefully!) new coaches and a defense that can at least keep the team in the game.

I think it's all coming together for Lucky. He rarely played in his first year, shared a lot of carries with BJAX and CGlenn last year. It's his third year but his first as the true starter. He's a little bit older. I think he is gaining confidence in his running and is finding his place on the team. He is running with a quicker burst and is not getting turf tackled as often. Plus, the better the passing game, the bigger the running lanes become. He has done a pretty good job all season.

I made a very bold prediction that Lucky would end up drafted in the 2nd round in this year's coming draft, before the season....

That prediction alone shows I am a true believer there is greatness inside this kid...

After this season, I still think he will be someone in the late 2nd to early 3rd round. I would love to get him back for one more year, but knowing the fact a RB's shelf live in the league is soooo short lived, I hope he goes to the LEAGUE....

He has alot of things working in his favor....damn good numbers in an inconsistent offense, good size (room for 10-15 more pounds), speed (not Peterson fast, but in the upper echelon) PLUS not alot of solid backs entering this draft. McFadden is obviously going to be a top 5 pick, but outside of him and Slaton, there aren't alot of "can't miss" guys....Hart doesn't have the size, speed or hands to be picked in top rounds...I think Lucky falls into the mix of Tashard Choice, Jonathan Stewart, Allen Patrick, and Dantrell Savage, and his pass catching ability and familiarity with a pro style offense gives him a nice edge

Love to see him stay, but will be glad that he is moving on to bigger and better things!!!

I have a feeling that with everything surrounding the coaching staff and the inevitable changes, Lucky is as good as gone...... 1620 the zone interviewed Steve Sipple (LJS) and he said the odds are 75% chance that Lucky will leave after this season....

I really, really hope that he stays.....but can't balme a guy for not wanting to stay around and have to learn another system that may hamper his draft stock..... right now, he can pass block (improving every game), catch extremely well, and make things happen in space....... He definatley needs to get tougher inside or he will not survive in the NFL...

IMO, he follows Brandon Jackson's lead and takes a leap....

Castille, Helu Jr., Glenn, and hopefully Collins Okafor can carry the load.

I really like what I've seen from Marlon the last few games. He's running harder and doing a better job finding holes. And the Watson/Cally are doing a better job of getting him the ball in space...he is a top-notch receiver out of the backfield. Do you all think he will be back next year?

Sure looked like he was trying to elevate his draft status Saturday. Where did that tackle-breaking ability/toughness come from?

Steroids

Oh shut up.

jeez...

Lucky is great catching the ball and running, but as a running back, he does not appear to fully understand how his running lanes are suppose to develop. In many cases I do not believe he is a patient enough runner and he gets up to the linemen before the play has fully developed. I believe Marlon needs another year of college ball. I also believe he has an excellent chance of becoming a good NFL back.

I really like what I've seen from Marlon the last few games. He's running harder and doing a better job finding holes. And the Watson/Cally are doing a better job of getting him the ball in space...he is a top-notch receiver out of the backfield. Do you all think he will be back next year?

Sure looked like he was trying to elevate his draft status Saturday. Where did that tackle-breaking ability/toughness come from?

Steroids

Oh shut up.

jeez...

It was a joke, I forget the :sarcasm , sorry

;)

Steroids

Oh shut up.

jeez...

My bad then. ;)

;)

Steroids

Oh shut up.

jeez...

My bad then. ;)

Yeah, everybody knows the players haven't been on steroids since TO resigned from coaching... :rolleyes:

That, too, was sarcasm.