So TO gave BC zero support before because he wasn't sure but now he will give BC another shot but still isn't making any public displays of support? If TO keeps BC he has done a crap-job. If BC had a real shot at staying he should've gotten some public love from TO so the rumor-mill could be kept in-check and guys wouldn't be decommiting. This firing talk is all over the place, whether it is TO's "style" or not that situation demands you be pro-active and make your support known.

So does this game play into the decision? I can't believe BC could go 5-7 and keep his job.

I understand that you guys all want answers regarding how I know this, and who told me this information. I played under Tom osborne but was not a star by any means. Special team duties for 4 years. I still stay in contact with players from the team. We go to lunch when ever we can to catch up. Now I know a lot of u don't put any worth in what I'm writting, and that's fine. I'm not writting about this specualtion to be a big shot, rather I believe the biggest husker fans (the ones that blog every night) deserve the right to know what is going on in nebraska football. I will not give the identities of my friends because I do not wanted them targeted as players who passed on hush hush information.

I just feel like you guys deserve the right to know because we put nebraska football up there with breathing

Im taliking to my sources again tom, I'll see if they have anything else to report.

I hope you are wrong. Bill Callahan has not even tried to understand the Husker traditions, ever. It maybe that some of this falls on Pederson, but remember, Callahan had access to all the info on the Husker traditions his first year at Nebraska, because Turner Gill was still on staff. Callahan has shown very little respect for the fans for the last 4 years, and has been received the reward some would expect.

While the actions of some "alleged fans" (those that call players names, or threaten the families of coaches) have hurt the reputation of all fans, they are not representative of the majority.

The change needs to happen now, too much has happened. If TO wants to rebuild, it will need to be with a different staff. IMHO.

Where are the names? Another rumor without names....

i understand your frustration here, but a lot of these things are pretty sensitive.. notice how whenever a story is broke on ANY news network for the most part, be it sports, national, world, etc. it is an ANONYMOUS source that has given all the information.. yet we believe it then..

Not at all the same thing.

News guys put their reputation on the line. Screw up more than once or twice and they're probably out of a job. We know who it is that's reporting the anonymous source and can usually trust that they've done some fact checking and actually have credible sources.

Maybe someone knows who gobigred911 but I have absolutely no idea, and zero faith that they even know any ex-players, or if they do maybe they're getting played by the ex-player.

Or maybe gobigred911 likes to feel important and makes up stories to see who he/she can get to believe it? I'm not taking any shots at this person, just saying that I have no reason to believe anything you say, or anyone else who gives us this "inside info".

There's a HUGE difference between who's reporting these things. Maybe someone here does have the real inside scoop, but with so many people reporting "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE REAL STORY", and they are all different, why would we take anyone seriously?

And think about it--why on earth would Osborne give ex-players the scoop when he is telling everyone nothing is decided?

you only believe it because its on tv.. or from someone "popular" or whatever you call it.. say that same news reporter came up to you on the street and told you this.. if you didnt recognize the person you would not believe them.. plain and simple.. so you do not know who these people are and who their sources are, and whether or not they have reasons to not give names.. for all we know these sources are putting their very jobs on the line by saying anything.. the point is, telling these people they are all bullsh#t unless they give you names of people is wrong.. dont be an :asshat and blow off everyone just becuase they don't meet your specific demands...

If Sipple or whoever puts this in print or on the air, their credibility is on the line. If it's a wild rumor that doesn't pan out, they could lose their job, especially if it happens more than a time or two. You can't be wrong often and keep people listening. I don't listen to 590 at all, but I hear Matt Perrault's been pretty loose with the rumors. How long do you think he'll last?

If the guy tells me on the street, I figure if he doesn't believe it enough to put it on the air or in the paper, so it ain't worth that much.

If it doesn't pan out for gobigred911, he just gets another alias and posts a new rumor.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?

I'm going to leave this subthread to you drama queens. Have fun with it. Seriously, if that entertains you, have at it. I'll just wait until I hear what Osborne has to say about it.

Where are the names? Another rumor without names....

i understand your frustration here, but a lot of these things are pretty sensitive.. notice how whenever a story is broke on ANY news network for the most part, be it sports, national, world, etc. it is an ANONYMOUS source that has given all the information.. yet we believe it then..

Not at all the same thing.

News guys put their reputation on the line. Screw up more than once or twice and they're probably out of a job. We know who it is that's reporting the anonymous source and can usually trust that they've done some fact checking and actually have credible sources.

Maybe someone knows who gobigred911 but I have absolutely no idea, and zero faith that they even know any ex-players, or if they do maybe they're getting played by the ex-player.

Or maybe gobigred911 likes to feel important and makes up stories to see who he/she can get to believe it? I'm not taking any shots at this person, just saying that I have no reason to believe anything you say, or anyone else who gives us this "inside info".

There's a HUGE difference between who's reporting these things. Maybe someone here does have the real inside scoop, but with so many people reporting "OH MY GOD THIS IS THE REAL STORY", and they are all different, why would we take anyone seriously?

And think about it--why on earth would Osborne give ex-players the scoop when he is telling everyone nothing is decided?

you only believe it because its on tv.. or from someone "popular" or whatever you call it.. say that same news reporter came up to you on the street and told you this.. if you didnt recognize the person you would not believe them.. plain and simple.. so you do not know who these people are and who their sources are, and whether or not they have reasons to not give names.. for all we know these sources are putting their very jobs on the line by saying anything.. the point is, telling these people they are all bullsh#t unless they give you names of people is wrong.. dont be an :asshat and blow off everyone just becuase they don't meet your specific demands...

If Sipple or whoever puts this in print or on the air, their credibility is on the line. If it's a wild rumor that doesn't pan out, they could lose their job, especially if it happens more than a time or two. You can't be wrong often and keep people listening. I don't listen to 590 at all, but I hear Matt Perrault's been pretty loose with the rumors. How long do you think he'll last?

If the guy tells me on the street, I figure if he doesn't believe it enough to put it on the air or in the paper, so it ain't worth that much.

If it doesn't pan out for gobigred911, he just gets another alias and posts a new rumor.

Is that too complicated for you to understand?

I'm going to leave this subthread to you drama queens. Have fun with it. Seriously, if that entertains you, have at it. I'll just wait until I hear what Osborne has to say about it.

no, it makes perfect sense, i trust me.. i know a little about what it takes to be in the media.. been around it for my whole life.. yes, people put their jobs on the line with this kind of information.. but ya know what? this IS rumorville ffs.. give people an opportunity to say what they want to say without constantly bashing them.. at least this guy is doing something other than saying "pelini will be our next coach, hes flown into duncan".. at least this one is different..

:asshat

One of the biggest problems with your little story is the statement that "Callahan will be given two more years."

You forgot when you made that up that he just got a contract extension through 2012. He's already under contract for five years, so to "give him two more years" doesn't really make sense.

Further for all you guys making up these stories - it's important that you realize that TO can make an analysis of a coach in as little as one week of practice and one game played. He doesn't need six games or two years. He knows what he's doing and he knows how to evaluate a program.

Keep that in mind when you make up your next story.

First for all u doubters, my sources are past players that played under Tom Osborne. NOT CURRENT PLAYERS. Osborne has not made a statment about retaining Callahan because he was not sure until recently based on whether or not he wanted to keep him. TO believes in the university of nebraska, he believes in building upon tradition he built. He belives that Callahan will get the job done. He also wants nebraska to maintain it's class, class that most of u have sadly forgotten. Its this class that had us regarded as the best fans in all of college football. That is why he will not give in to the pressure of fans, and do what he knows is right. In the press confrence saturday it will be confirmed that callahan will be given at least 2 more seasons. This is odd, but Osborne wants to let it be known that there is an expectation here at nebraska and if callahan doesnt produce than there will be another evaluation of the head coach. Presumably a more harsh one

While I do not agree with this assesment AT ALL. Thats what my sources told me.

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

Bill Busch will step down, this one shocks me becuase he has been a solid recruiter and coach but busch has lost all respect for the fans and is sick and tired of nebraska "living in the expectations from the 90's and not being realistic"

WOW

So Bill B. doesn't want to coach at any college where they want to win National Championships? Or have consistently winning seasons and playing for conference championships? I guess he could return to the Mountaint West or maybe the WAC or Conference USA? That just doesn't seem like a college coaches attitude to me, and for some reason I doubt it is his attitude.

First for all u doubters, my sources are past players that played under Tom Osborne. NOT CURRENT PLAYERS. Osborne has not made a statment about retaining Callahan because he was not sure until recently based on whether or not he wanted to keep him. TO believes in the university of nebraska, he believes in building upon tradition he built. He belives that Callahan will get the job done. He also wants nebraska to maintain it's class, class that most of u have sadly forgotten. Its this class that had us regarded as the best fans in all of college football. That is why he will not give in to the pressure of fans, and do what he knows is right. In the press confrence saturday it will be confirmed that callahan will be given at least 2 more seasons. This is odd, but Osborne wants to let it be known that there is an expectation here at nebraska and if callahan doesnt produce than there will be another evaluation of the head coach. Presumably a more harsh one

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

Bill Busch will step down, this one shocks me becuase he has been a solid recruiter and coach but busch has lost all respect for the fans and is sick and tired of nebraska "living in the expectations from the 90's and not being realistic"

WOW

Just another rumor of among many.

I, for one, kind of believe this maybe true. I find it very troublesome that the coaches went out and recruited players to rebuild the walk-on program last week. When they did that, I interpreted it as being one of several steps that BC must do to keep his job.

I, for one, interpreted it as a coaching staff that was informed they will not be kept, therefore they cannot justifiably go out into the nation and recruit kids they cannot make promises to.

"Recruiting" walk-ons is entirely safe, since these kids are not being made promises (i.e., scholarships).

This is a big, BIG hint that Callahan and Co. are being let go Saturday.

If Clownahan is retained, I'm scared to death of the new assistants he hires. Does anyone have any idea who he would be looking at for DC? He failed so miserably the last time he put a staff together that it makes me fearful of the next one he potentially puts together.

Just like I don't think TO hinted or told Kuli anything, I'm thinking he probably isn't discussing anything with former players either. You have to love some of the former players that played here, but let's face it most of them can't keep their mouths shut. TO is the definition of class. IMO, he hasn't told Clownahan who will be replacing him. He hasn't told former players he's retaining Clownahan. I'm sure TO has a very short list of people who he trusts that he has confided in. More than likely he's getting questions from former players about coaching changes. More than likely his response is this: Bill Callahan is the coach.

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

WOW

One of the biggest problems with your little story is the statement that "Callahan will be given two more years."

You forgot when you made that up that he just got a contract extension through 2012. He's already under contract for five years, so to "give him two more years" doesn't really make sense.

Further for all you guys making up these stories - it's important that you realize that TO can make an analysis of a coach in as little as one week of practice and one game played. He doesn't need six games or two years. He knows what he's doing and he knows how to evaluate a program.

Keep that in mind when you make up your next story.

We'll we now know that contract extensions don't mean jack and the last couple years they have been the kiss of death around the the football world. It's more for the recruits than anything.

The contract just means Callahan is locked in through 2012 but is subject to be cut loose at any time.

However,

Cosgrove will step down

Elmo will step down

WOW

Really need a bs flag made for the forum.

Osborne told these guys (former players) there is expectations here at Nebraska and then proceeded to tell them that he's keeping Callahan?

b] Presumably a more harsh one[/b]

:rollin:rollin

Then he proceeded to tell them that if Callahan does'nt produce a better year next year that Osborne will evaluate more and he might be more harsher? Like what a slap on the hand or timeout durring a game to sit in the corner of the locker room?

If that was true which I have my doubts, because no one on the coaching staff can't keep their mouth shut without the media finding out about it. He knows little about Nebraska history, if he think it's just the expectations from the 90's. They have'nt met the expectations of the 70's 80's let alone Solichs first 5 years.

I doubt T.O. would want to go through each year and say he's going to revaluate every year. He's smart enough to know how that would effect recruiting and the way the players look at the coaches as stability.

For the coaches to go another year on the way they have the last six weeks of worrying or in Callahans way not worrying about the football team or his job would take this program to depths never believed.

Finally, if he already decided Callahans staying, then he would have already had his pressconference telling everyone that Callahans coming back. Oh wait, he's still evaluating.