Now that Miles has taken his name out, what names are being thrown out for the Michigan job?

I have said all along that it is going to be Kirk Ferentz from Iowa. Mary Sue Coleman who is the Pres of UM was the former President of U of Iowa. She has stated many times that she really likes the way Kirk Frerentz coaches his players and runs the football program, and it sure doesn't hurt when you have the University Pres on your side!

Now that Miles has taken his name out, what names are being thrown out for the Michigan job?

I have said all along that it is going to be Kirk Ferentz from Iowa.

I think according to a lot of Iowa fans that Mich. can have Ferentz. I went to school in Iowa and one of my friends there said they are tired of the off the field problems Ferentz's teams have had with theft and rape charges multiple times. I think Michigan will take that into account also though...

Iowa fans don't seem to demand too much out of their high paid coach. Ferentz's teams have always seemed just mediocre. They have quality wins here and there, but then there's always the surprise loss to ISU, or Purdue or some other unexpected team.

I don't envision Michigan fans really being happy that Ferentz's name is being mentioned.

Iowa fans don't seem to demand too much out of their high paid coach. Ferentz's teams have always seemed just mediocre. They have quality wins here and there, but then there's always the surprise loss to ISU, or Purdue or some other unexpected team.

I don't envision Michigan fans really being happy that Ferentz's name is being mentioned.

Look how long they put up with Hayden Frye who had Bill Snyder as an assistant who in turn got the exact same amount of national championships as Frye did.

If they are smart they will do what they should've at the beginning and hire Kelly. Dude is a hell of a coach and he coached in the state a long time.

Lane Kiffin and Petrino have been gryst for the rumor-mill. If any job could bring them back to college-ball it could be this one. Petrino would likely cost a pretty penny. Mich has money but I'm not sure how much they are willing to pay. I don't see them doing a Bama and buying a coach.