Maybe Callahan and Jim Rose will follow Peterson to Pitt. Callahan as OC, Rose as whipping boy.

hahahah.. Cally maybe :) but didn't ya hear when Rose called Pedey a piece of crap on Kugler's show?!?!!?!? Pedey certainly wont stand for that!!!!!! :ahhhhhhhh

"Hey, he's a great guy. I think he's a standup guy, a class act. Hey, let's give him credit where it's due here, I think he's a good football coach."

:LOLtartar:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

Any word on Coach Callahan lately? Has he moved out of town, spoke to the press?

Any predictions as to where he ends up?

I heard hes the head fry cook at Rock and Roll Runza in downtown Lincoln...or the new DJ at Shakers in Waverly.

WHO CARES???? BUBYE!!!!

Scott

rock and roll runza is gone dude...but naw i got sources on the shakers thing and it's Buddy who's the new DJ.

Callahan is a cancer to teams. He just needs to stay away for a while. I am a chiefs fan and I know what he did in Oakland, just coaching for Oakland is bad enough but ruining Husker football.

Bill, JUST SAY NO. :boxosoap

Yes, how dare he take them to a Super Bowl!?!?!? How HORRIFYING!!!

Seriously - don't bring up the dysfunctional schlock-fest that was that Oaktown locker room as evidence against Callahan. That was NOT his fault. That was a situation involving a bunch of over-paid prima donnas who felt they didn't need to be held accountable for their play on the field despite salaries greater than the entire earning power of Huskerboard's members combined. Was Callahan faultless in that situation? Doubtful. But was he the ONLY problem there? Not even close.

Cancer to teams? No way.

Are you kidding me? NOT A CANCER???? Did you watch any NU football games the last 4 years?? Clownahan IS a cancer. Ask Tim Brown, Rich Gannon how horrific of a coach he is. Clownahan didn't take that team to the Super Bowl, Gannon and Brown and players like that won games in SPITE of Clownahan. Any one who thinks this clown has coaching talent has no clue whatsoever!!!

Yes, how dare he take them to a Super Bowl!?!?!? How HORRIFYING!!!

Seriously - don't bring up the dysfunctional schlock-fest that was that Oaktown locker room as evidence against Callahan. That was NOT his fault. That was a situation involving a bunch of over-paid prima donnas who felt they didn't need to be held accountable for their play on the field despite salaries greater than the entire earning power of Huskerboard's members combined. Was Callahan faultless in that situation? Doubtful. But was he the ONLY problem there? Not even close.

Cancer to teams? No way.

Are you kidding me? NOT A CANCER???? Did you watch any NU football games the last 4 years?? Clownahan IS a cancer. Ask Tim Brown, Rich Gannon how horrific of a coach he is. Clownahan didn't take that team to the Super Bowl, Gannon and Brown and players like that won games in SPITE of Clownahan. Any one who thinks this clown has coaching talent has no clue whatsoever!!!

Meanwhile, back at reality...

You can keep your blinders on all you want. The real story is that Callahan did a good job with that team, properly coached them, and was a main factor in their Super Bowl run. Cancers would be guys like Brown and Woodson who submarined Cally in the locker room. Whiny girls who thought that they shouldn't have to work because they were "stars."

Seriously - go look at my posts throughout the last month. I am NOT a Callahan supporter. I'm just saying what's right about him here. Callahan was a poor fit here, but he did well enough in Oakland before the players revolted.

I heard on the radio(?) down here that if the Cheifs Offense continues to struggle that he may be a canidate for KC OC. I hope not, but also saw in various rumor postings that Gruden may hire him in Tampa as OC.

Man I sure hope not the Chiefs are my favorite team and I like Tampa Bay too.. Dont need his a$$ screwing them up too!!! Chiefs have enough problems!!

Callahan was a poor fit here, but he did well enough in Oakland before the players revolted.

Odd they would fire a good coach when it was the fault of the players. Maybe if BC knew how to handle people in the first place he would not have had a revolt. Whiny stars are what pro football is all about. Once again, X's and O's are not the only thing coaching is about, at any level of play. Anyone who has followed the Huskers progress, or lack thereof, would know that.

IMO he is probably done as a HC. But his OC-cred is still definitely there. I think he'll get an OC job next season in the NFL.

:lol: I dont think no one is gonna hire his ass after what he did here in nebraska If im a owner of a nfl team im keeping him as far away from my team as i can dedhoarse

There's that good old boy network in the NFL, just like in most major leagues. They take care of their own.

GBR!!!

I heard on the radio(?) down here that if the Cheifs Offense continues to struggle that he may be a canidate for KC OC. I hope not, but also saw in various rumor postings that Gruden may hire him in Tampa as OC.

Man I sure hope not the Chiefs are my favorite team and I like Tampa Bay too.. Dont need his a$$ screwing them up too!!! Chiefs have enough problems!!

I can't believe the Viking's were trying to hire COZ last year. They seem to be turning the corner now and I don't need Callahan any where near them either. I will say he does know his x's and o's, just needs someone else to put them in at the right time.

GBR!!!

I can't believe the Viking's were trying to hire COZ last year. They seem to be turning the corner now and I don't need Callahan any where near them either. I will say he does know his x's and o's, just needs someone else to put them in at the right time.

GBR!!!

now i would be very angry if the chiefs hired coz, but i would definitely take callahan as OC. the chiefs have the right talent to run a WCO, not the bs they are currently running. plus its not like he can do too much damage when he is not the HC. i say if the chiefs want him, then give him a shot. they cant be any worse than they are this year. by the way, i do not like callahan, but i am smart enough to know that the guy can coach some offense. :box

I was told that Clownahan as the OC at the Raiders under Gruden was very similar to Watson as the OC here. I read somewhere where Clownahan only called like 20% of the plays when he was an assistant under Gruden. Gruden called the other 80% of the plays. Maybe this is why Clownahan thought it was his duty to call the plays here because that's how things were done when he was OC under Gruden?

Callahan is a good NFL-OC, he has proven that. He did get that offense a huge year of production and into the Superbowl. He would be a good hire for a NFL team. He just isn't a HC, I was scared of his hire back when the rest of huskerland was jocking him after his last team quit on him. Some guys are fine at one level of management but not another, look at Wannstadt. He was a quality NFL-DC that has lost at all three of his HC-stints.

IMO KC could definitely do worse than BC.