Surprise Players next year

Travis9

This was a topic on the RSS and I thought it was a good one and interesting.

My picks

Defense

Suh, Asante, Thenarse, of the players currently on our roster.

Offense

Henry, Holt, Paul, Lee, and oh yes KENNY WILSON

I'll put anything on the line that Aasante is moved up to LB and will play the same roll that Demario Williams played. Bank it

I like the guys on offense that have been mentioned. I'll say entire defense. With so many guys gone from this past defense, it would have been interesting to see what Pelini could have done with them, and how he would have handled it if they didnt respond. I believe he has a lot more raw talent to work with this year. Which will benefit him I think.

I think that we will see some suprises out of Helu and Lee. I can see Lee and Helu in on certain packages together where we are looking for alot of speed on the field, possible option/read option plays. I think Bo will go with Ganz as his #1 however will see something like Florida with Leak/Tebow combo of last year.

My dream package:

QB -Ganz/Lee

RB - Castille/Glenn

Slot Reciever - Lucky/Helu

WR - Niles Paul

Speed, Speed, Speed and Bruisers

I really believe a package like that could create some serious matchup problems. Possible option/Read option, Bubble screens, End arounds or straight up smash mouth. Far to much to worry about with that many threats in at one time.

Major Culbert!! No matter what position he plays.

Anyone know what is up with Chris Brooks? He was ranked as the No. 2 prospect in the state of Missouri according to Rivals.com and the No. 15 wide receiver in the country, when he came in 2005. Another case of recruiting not meaning anything?

Anyone know what is up with Chris Brooks? He was ranked as the No. 2 prospect in the state of Missouri according to Rivals.com and the No. 15 wide receiver in the country, when he came in 2005. Another case of recruiting not meaning anything?

Or possibly the coaching not being able to develop the potential.

I would agree with pretty much everyone here. I'm really anxious to see how the defense in terms of LB's and DB's will turn out. I'm thinking that we will utilize speed much more than the years past. I can Asante moving to backer and possibly Culbert, both should be playmakers. Then you add in Washington and there is plenty of outside speed to complement Dillard in the middle. As for DB's I'm really anxious to see these new guys that received so much hype...Prince, Blue, West, Haag...and I'm obviously looking forward to seeing Thenarse in a starting role.

Oh wow, I'm getting way too excited.

I would have to think with Watson sticking around that Ganz has an inside track on being the QB. And why not? He was one of the bright spots at the end of the year. At least we know with the new coaches, that the best players will be on the field.

Definitely agree...although I wouldn't be surprised if, with a modified O, Lee or Witt make a competition of it.

Billdozer 15 i like some of your ideas but Lucky as a slot? why? He was 2nd team all conference and really kinda got screwed there. his total yards from scrimmage was awesome. He ran really well the second half of the year.

For a speed offense, castille wont be in the game plus he cant hang onto the ball. Why would we want to replace lucky? it makes no sense.

The only RB i could see replacing him with is a 100% healthy Wilson. A great combo of Lucky speed and Castille power all wrapped into one back. Broken Femur however means probably less than 100%

The only RB i could see replacing him with is a 100% healthy Wilson. A great combo of Lucky speed and Castille power all wrapped into one back. Broken Femur however means probably less than 100%

I believe I heard K-Wil is going to be back at full speed come Spring. I'm excited for that, let me tell you.

I also think Roy Helu should be an exciting player next year, and if Marlon takes it easy again like he said he did this year at times, I can see Helu pushing him for PT.