Most memorable plays by decade

Landlord

Hey all. I'm looking to do some work on the wiki and at the same time start a fun new topic, so to kill two birds with one stone, list your most memorable Husker plays by decade.

Here's mine:

70's: Rodgers punt return vs. OU

Ruud hit on OU returner? (not sure about the decade)

80's: Failed 2 point conversion against Miami for national championship

90's: Hooked field goal to beat Florida State in '93

Schlesinger trap play to take lead against Miami in '94

Frazier's "Heisman" run against Florida in '95 (season years, not years they actually took place)

00's: Eric Crouch 95 yard run against Missouri in '01

Nunn fumble against Texas in '06

I can't think of many, I am extremely tired right now. What are yours?

80's - Fumble rooskie 83 NC game.

Another was the one Turner Gill bounced the ball back to the WR (RB?) and the WR then threw a strike to the tight end. Think it was against Oklahoma (That's the only time T.O. tried trick plays it seemed other then bowl games) but not sure what year.

Rozier against UCLA where they had the play stopped, and Rozier stopped and reversed field and scored. Don't remember the year again.

90's

91 Oklahoma at Nebraska, I remember it was a snowy day, (had a little flask to keep warm;) ) and I was in the North End-zone, Keithen McCant threw a ball into the end-zone where it looked like it was going to be picked off. I was saying oh no and somehow Johnny Mitchell reached around the defender and caught the pass for a TD. Mitchell had some of the best hands I ever saw play for Nebraska.

Colorado where Frazier was almost taken down but had enough time to throw to LP for a long gain.

01 - NU vs OU Mike Stuntz pass to Eric Crouch

I was gonna mention this one too. When he caught that pass I was jumping, screamin', whoopin and hollerin in the living room.

Speaking of jumping, screamin' and whoopin' and hollerin' in the living room, what about Frost's pass off Shevin Wiggins' foot into Matt Davison's hands in the 97 Misery game?

That whole final drive was amazing, but of course that play in particular is the most memorable.

05 - TT vs NU Final seconds of the game the defense making a stand on our own goaline. On 4th down TT qb throws a pick to Lakevin Smith. (I am yelling go down, just fall down) Instead of falling to the ground with it he decides to run a TT player punches it out of Smiths hand, TT recovers and scores on the next play........we lose. That play will forever be etched in my memory as one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. If Smith would have gone to the ground with it we would have had 9 wins.

05 - TT vs NU Final seconds of the game the defense making a stand on our own goaline. On 4th down TT qb throws a pick to Lakevin Smith. (I am yelling go down, just fall down) Instead of falling to the ground with it he decides to run a TT player punches it out of Smiths hand, TT recovers and scores on the next play........we lose. That play will forever be etched in my memory as one of the dumbest things i have ever seen. If Smith would have gone to the ground with it we would have had 9 wins.

Sorry, I'm not putting any play that happened for '02-'07 on this list. Nothing that memorable or significant occurred in that time span.

My list for the '00's would be Crouch's run against Mizzou, and Crouch's catch vs. OU, both in '01. That's it.

Sorry, I'm not putting any play that happened for '02-'07 on this list. Nothing that memorable or significant occurred in that time span.

My list for the '00's would be Crouch's run against Mizzou, and Crouch's catch vs. OU, both in '01. That's it.

Maybe Taylor to Purify to win A&M in '06...MAYBE.

How about the "catch" at Missouri in '97 that pretty much sealed the deal for a national championship that year.

:yeah

Without that one single play, we do not have a NC in 97.

I agree. It kept us alive for the Championship. I also agree with the choices for each decade EXCEPT what about Defense and Special Teams?

The team sacks against Miami for the National Championship in 94? Including the sack for the safety. other grea plays the non called fumble by OU when a Nebraska decleated the return man (78 or 79) the grant Wistrom caused fumble and recovery of a OU fumble, where grant crawled like 10 yards for the recovery.

Another offensive play I'll never forget was "Sapp gettig Suckered" for the National Championship against Miami.