our recruiting seems to be falling apart.

I know its part of a needed coaching change. but it still sucks. moler is gone and it seems like hoch, givens, compton and williams wont be around to much longer....

If the main reason they wanted to come to NU was to play for BC and Coz, then let 'em go

and replace them with recruits that want to play for NU. Wishy-washy recruits that are using

their NU offer/"commitment" as a stepping stone to their preffered school would most likely

leave in Jan. or Feb. anyway. Recruits that have been on the fence for a number of weeks

are in the process of being replaced--so it's actually a good thing to lose the clunkers now.

I know its part of a needed coaching change. but it still sucks. moler is gone and it seems like hoch, givens, compton and williams wont be around to much longer....

If the main reason they wanted to come to NU was to play for BC and Coz, then let 'em go

and replace them with recruits that want to play for NU. Wishy-washy recruits that are using

their NU offer/"commitment" as a stepping stone to their preffered school would most likely

leave in Jan. or Feb. anyway. Recruits that have been on the fence for a number of weeks

are in the process of being replaced--so it's actually a good thing to lose the clunkers now.

Hoch, Givens and Compton were among our 5-7 most prized recruits. Gabbert, Gray, and Steinkuler were the others. So, only one of the top 6-7 recruits will be retained. These are not clunkers by any means. Mohler was no clunker either. These were essentially all 4 star players. Where are the clunkers? The 1 star new guys from Nebraska that have recently committed.

No, there is no question.... unless things change appreciably, this will be a very, very, very weak recruiting class. Right now, NU is coming off of a season where they were in the bottom 4 in the conference --- if (and that is a big if because we may recover some of these guys and/or pick up some real athletes) but if we lose most of those addressed here and continue to replace them with local 1 star kids --- then the NU recruiting class will also be in the bottom 4 of the conference.

There is much excitement about Bo --- that is good. But he has a tough row to hoe --- there is not much talent on this NU team (especially on defense) and if the recruiting, even for one year, tanks, then the climb from cellar dweller to competitive will really be tough. Right now we are looking up at Texas, Oklahoma, TT, Missouri, Kansas, A&M, Colorado (and they are on the rise) and OKy St. --- and we are looking back really only on Baylor and Iowa State and KState (and KState may be on the rise). The recruiting may bury us further. Or we might recover.

The point is that these recruits DO MATTER.

Hoch, Givens and Compton were among our 5-7 most prized recruits. Gabbert, Gray, and Steinkuler were the others. So, only one of the top 6-7 recruits will be retained. These are not clunkers by any means. Mohler was no clunker either. These were essentially all 4 star players. Where are the clunkers? The 1 star new guys from Nebraska that have recently committed.

No, there is no question.... unless things change appreciably, this will be a very, very, very weak recruiting class. Right now, NU is coming off of a season where they were in the bottom 4 in the conference --- if (and that is a big if because we may recover some of these guys and/or pick up some real athletes) but if we lose most of those addressed here and continue to replace them with local 1 star kids --- then the NU recruiting class will also be in the bottom 4 of the conference.

There is much excitement about Bo --- that is good. But he has a tough row to hoe --- there is not much talent on this NU team (especially on defense) and if the recruiting, even for one year, tanks, then the climb from cellar dweller to competitive will really be tough. Right now we are looking up at Texas, Oklahoma, TT, Missouri, Kansas, A&M, Colorado (and they are on the rise) and OKy St. --- and we are looking back really only on Baylor and Iowa State and KState (and KState may be on the rise). The recruiting may bury us further. Or we might recover.

we have no talent right now? you seem to base your opinions on stars when talking about this class, take a look at our previous few years.... there are plenty of "stars" on the roster. so by your logic we should have plenty of talent......

Listen, there is a GREAT possibility that our previous coaching staff wasn't developing players correctly. Through a poor fitness regimen, poor practice techniques, poor play calling, or just plain poor motivation. I think there is talent on the team....it needs to be opened up.

There is still 2 months to go..... we will pick up some more players....

we still have a nice group of 3 stars and 2 five stars. I think that we will keep atleast one of the group that mentioned, and I still feel like we have the inside track on robinson(to me he if he was going elsewhere he would already be gone if we can get him and one other that is a still an above average group. but we were on the way to having a incredible class

we have no talent right now? you seem to base your opinions on stars when talking about this class, take a look at our previous few years.... there are plenty of "stars" on the roster. so by your logic we should have plenty of talent......

Listen, there is a GREAT possibility that our previous coaching staff wasn't developing players correctly. Through a poor fitness regimen, poor practice techniques, poor play calling, or just plain poor motivation. I think there is talent on the team....it needs to be opened up.

There is still 2 months to go..... we will pick up some more players....

Actually for players who have never seen the field, what do you have to go on but stars. Anyway, the young players that NU have that have seen the field like Blue, Akukamura, Castile, all look pretty good --- but generally speaking the speed and the strength that the NU players exhibited this last season was near the bottom of th B12. Yes there was no doubt poor coaching and also poor player development. But this train wreck of a football team has talent problems too.

Bo says that this is not a rebuilding process --- if he actually believes that, then he has already made his first mistake. Kansas and Missouri have rebuilt and stand on top of the B12 north. CU is two years ahead of NU on the rebuilding project and will be improving at a fast rate (and they are already above, or equal to us now). KSU may be behind us and ISU as well --- but neither lag behind by a great deal. No --- NU is rebuilding and is doing so from near the bottom of the conference.

Those who think that this is a talented team will be mighty frustrated at this point in time next year thinking that the coaches are still at fault. Cally and company were terrible, yes --- but the talent was mid conference at best. The talent is still mid-conference at best and the local competition may be pulling farther ahead. Give Bo time. he will get us going again --- but not for a while and only if he recognizes that we are rebuilding.

Name a 5-7 team in the nation who is sitting home for the bowl season who is not rebuilding

Let them go. If they don't want to play for Bo, that's fine. Like it's been said there's 2 months left yet. And I still believe that Dr. Tom knows ALLOT more about recruiting than rivals. I'd rather have a class full of 3 star guys who WANT to be here and to play for BO. Than a class full of 4 and 5 star guys who want to be here solely for the purpose of getting to the next level.

I think everyone is really looking at the worst case scenario for our recruiting. I think things will turn out much better than most people think. I have read updates from rivals on all those guys and i think we have a great shot at all of them.

Hoch i think wants to play for NU and and not just at NU, he had a great relationship with coach Wagner and i dont think he liked the fact that he wasnt retained. However i think once Hoch gets a chance to build a relationship with Barney Cotton him will firm up his committment.

Givens might be the most likely out of all these guys to go somewhere else. He is down to NU, Texas, and CU. He will be visting CU this week and then decide before the 1st of the year. He had a visit to Texas a few weeks ago and he said he loved it, so Texas is probably the biggest competition for Givens, but i am a little encouraged because of his relationship with Williams and Compton.

Compton is the recruit i am probably least worried about. It seemed like ever since the whole coaching thing happened Compton has been just trying to convince himself that NU was not the best fit for him, and i think he could not fully come to that conclusion, and that is why he is still a NU commit. Blaine Gabbert has been trying to pull Compton over to the Tigers ever since Gabbert committed there, but to no avail so far. Compton had a great visit with Pelini and one of those new coaches from LSU about a week ago and it seemed like Compton was very impressed with with Pelini. I think the fact that we hired a defensive minded coach gives us a huge advantage with Compton. Compton is visiting Missouri this weekend and then has a visit set for Nebraska Jan. 11, He shouldnt be blown away by Mizzou because i am sure he has seen that place before considering it is in-state, so when he comes to NU i think he will decide that is the place for him and solidify his commitment.

William was visited by 3 NU coaches(Bo and Carl Pelini, and Marvin Sanders) a few days ago and i think it really set well with him. He even admitted that it would be very hard for a school to top Nebraska, so i think he will end up at NU after it is all said and done. He is visiting CU this weekend with Givens and said he also wants to set up an unofficial visit to NU the same weekend Compton is visiting. So look for Williams to become solid soon after the 1st of the year, if not sooner.

-Givens even talked about the possibility of him and Williams being a packaged deal, and Williams is no longer looking at Texas, so that leaves it with CU and NU if these two want to play together. I think we will see Compton become solid after his Missouri visit, then Compton will help pull Williams back on board, and the pull of Williams and Compton i think will help a lot with getting Givens to NU over Texas.

So i think there is a great chance to see all four of these gives sign with NU in Feb. and the worst case scenario i think we sign only 2 of the 4, so things are looking pretty good i think.

I think everyone is really looking at the worst case scenario for our recruiting. I think things will turn out much better than most people think. I have read updates from rivals on all those guys and i think we have a great shot at all of them.

Hoch i think wants to play for NU and and not just at NU, he had a great relationship with coach Wagner and i dont think he liked the fact that he wasnt retained. However i think once Hoch gets a chance to build a relationship with Barney Cotton him will firm up his committment.

Givens might be the most likely out of all these guys to go somewhere else. He is down to NU, Texas, and CU. He will be visting CU this week and then decide before the 1st of the year. He had a visit to Texas a few weeks ago and he said he loved it, so Texas is probably the biggest competition for Givens, but i am a little encouraged because of his relationship with Williams and Compton.

Compton is the recruit i am probably least worried about. It seemed like ever since the whole coaching thing happened Compton has been just trying to convince himself that NU was not the best fit for him, and i think he could not fully come to that conclusion, and that is why he is still a NU commit. Blaine Gabbert has been trying to pull Compton over to the Tigers ever since Gabbert committed there, but to no avail so far. Compton had a great visit with Pelini and one of those new coaches from LSU about a week ago and it seemed like Compton was very impressed with with Pelini. I think the fact that we hired a defensive minded coach gives us a huge advantage with Compton. Compton is visiting Missouri this weekend and then has a visit set for Nebraska Jan. 11, He shouldnt be blown away by Mizzou because i am sure he has seen that place before considering it is in-state, so when he comes to NU i think he will decide that is the place for him and solidify his commitment.

William was visited by 3 NU coaches(Bo and Carl Pelini, and Marvin Sanders) a few days ago and i think it really set well with him. He even admitted that it would be very hard for a school to top Nebraska, so i think he will end up at NU after it is all said and done. He is visiting CU this weekend with Givens and said he also wants to set up an unofficial visit to NU the same weekend Compton is visiting. So look for Williams to become solid soon after the 1st of the year, if not sooner.

-Givens even talked about the possibility of him and Williams being a packaged deal, and Williams is no longer looking at Texas, so that leaves it with CU and NU if these two want to play together. I think we will see Compton become solid after his Missouri visit, then Compton will help pull Williams back on board, and the pull of Williams and Compton i think will help a lot with getting Givens to NU over Texas.

So i think there is a great chance to see all four of these gives sign with NU in Feb. and the worst case scenario i think we sign only 2 of the 4, so things are looking pretty good i think.

Good post and good information. I'm hoping we retain all of them. Givens would be the icing on the cake for our offensive line and we all know we need Linebackers.

Since Givens teammate (Nolan Brewster)is a Texas recruit I'm most worried he will go there. Would be spectacular if their relationship would cause Nolan to renenge on his Texas commitment and decide to come to NU and then Pelini could go after Jon Major!

Won't happen but hey I can dream can't I?

It does surprise me that some of the Defense recruits are having second thoughts. They should be excited to have Pelini as the HC who just coached some of the top defensive players in the country at LSU to player of the year honors, etc...Not only that, but there is wide open playing time at Nebraska with the new staff coming in because they have no pre-conceived notions about players. They will play the best guy..no matter the age.

Recruiting stars don't mean a heck of a lot here. I think it is the development from coaching and desire on the players part that is going to make or break you. Callahan and Cosgrove seemingly got in some good recruits, star-wise, but play-wise and development-wise (at least defensively) I didn't see very good things.

That makes the difference. I will take a ONE STAR RECRUIT with great coaching, technique, scheme, and fire over 3-4 star recruits without that. For an example, think of the Patriots of the NFL. They don't have stellar defensive talent nowadays, player by player, but those guys have more fire, better coaching and scheming than any other NFL team. That is what makes them successful.

When recruits watch the LSU Tigers play the Buckeyes in the title game, we may get some recruits switch to us just because they see what Pelini's defense does. That will be huge my Husker friends.

We are best rid of these future Callacancers...Bo can replace them with his own brand of recruits

in the future. Many of these would probably not pan out anyway--just like so many of the past

Callacruits, nothing but a bunch of unproducing stars and pretenders. I feel many of these "commits" were given the opportunity to remain Huskers just out of courtesy. So $ee yah and good luck

with your future teams.

:clap:clap:clap

We are best rid of these future Callacancers...Bo can replace them with his own brand of recruits

in the future. Many of these would probably not pan out anyway--just like so many of the past

Callacruits, nothing but a bunch of unproducing stars and pretenders. I feel many of these "commits" were given the opportunity to remain Huskers just out of courtesy. So $ee yah and good luck

with your future teams.

:clap:clap:clap

What about Kuli -- he seemed to commit based on a conversation with Osborne, now he is wavering. He would be a big loss. Why are we having trouble with him?

I expected to lose a few recruits, but it seems this is going to end up being worse that I thought it might. I am sure in a year or so, it won't mean too much, but I hate to lose so many...