What is the appeal of Colorado to our recruits?

btw....CU is ranked as the 11th best Public University in the world according to The Economist which published a two year survey on university's across the world. It was up there with the Likes of Berkley and colleges like that. CU is one of the best University's in the world.

That's bull, and you know it. Absolute bull. CU and UC-Berkeley in the same sentence? I'm sorry - laughable.

I had a Subaru once.....it ran into a real midwest winter, cried a little bit and then rolled over and died. What do them there furiners know about winter anyway??? :angry: Got me a fine American-Made Suzuki now!

Oh...and ISU is a much better school than CU or NU when it comes to education simply because we plow our money into education rather than plowing it back into the athletic department. Thus...our sporting teams suck (except against CU this year who we handily defeated...as expected) but your athletes will be flipping our student's burgers one day.

Oh...and at ISU if our players get in any trouble, we just send em to Iowa. All they need to do over there is put a fence around campus and they could declare it the newest state penitentary.

Had to look it up, 2008 USNews America's Best Colleges

#44 - Texas

#62 - Texas A&M

#64 - Iowa (oops there goes one of your theories)

#75 - Baylor

#79 - Colorado

#85 - Iowa State

#85 - Kansas

#91 - Nebraska

#91 - Missouri

#108 - Oklahoma

#124 - Kansas State

List only went to top 125, didn't bother to look in 2nd or 3rd tiers

??? - Oklahoma State

??? - Texas Tech

btw....CU is ranked as the 11th best Public University in the world according to The Economist which published a two year survey on university's across the world. It was up there with the Likes of Berkley and colleges like that. CU is one of the best University's in the world.

That's bull, and you know it. Absolute bull. CU and UC-Berkeley in the same sentence? I'm sorry - laughable.

Anyways if they changed their name to CU-Berkeley at Boulder they'd have to let Ralphie go. (Not very PC to have a live animal in captivity as your mascot.) :lol:

Mind you, USNews (and all other rankings) are very unreliable. Yes, USNews has probably the most recognized rankings among the HS-age college-applicant population, but it doesn't mean you can really fairly rank schools like that. For one, it discriminates (in general) against public universities.

So it's hard to take those rankings as scripture.

That said, of the Big 12 schools, I think Texas does stand out (academically speaking); nationwide, there's UMichigan, Virginia, and several of the UC's...they're good schools :P

Anyways if they changed their name to CU-Berkeley at Boulder they'd have to let Ralphie go. (Not very PC to have a live animal in captivity as your mascot.)

Apparently there are sit-down students protesting football-related construction at Berkeley :D "oh noe, the trees!"

But in all honesty the reason we are doing such a great job is simply we have an up and coming program. We have a stable coaching situation unlike you and we upset powerhouse Oklahoma which always helps.

and btw..even if we are a party school, at least all of our recruits have a chance at getting laid by a fine lady while attending our university unlike at Nebraska. Which rounds out my reasons.

Mountains, Skiing, and beautiful girls.

I heard the student relations dept. produced a video on how to approach the fine ladies at CU.

Unfortunately Jack Links stole the idea and called it "Messin' With Sasquatch." :lol:

I don't go by that magazine ranking crap...that's like listening to ESPN rank the football teams. I go by what the students say...here's a sampling of what students have to say about their college experiences at CU

Boulder is the greatest place on the planet. It's a town full of attractive hippies. CU was the best decision of my life. We party!

The one caveat is that a lot of the humanities professors skew to the left politcally and won't let you forget it. I had an English professor that made me want to strangle her pinko-commie neck, and I consider myself to be left-of-center.

CU is an excellent value, but if you have the money and opportunity to attend a better school I would highly suggest that you do.

This school is not for everyone. Most people from out-of-state came here to party and have a good time. it is sad to see, but it's the truth. I wouldn't come here if you have ANY doubts about UCB or if you are more like me and want to further yourself.

If you hated high school, don't come here. If you like parties and weed, then this is your place.

The education certainly isn't worth $30k a year (out of state). I honestly feel as though my time here has been quite wasted...

a lot of professors hand out A's like candy and dont expect you to even attempt to think.

This School has been the worst experiencein my life. The faculty don't speak english. They are completely self-absorbed. And there grade is it. EVEN if they don't follow their own rubric, they penalize students for their mistake.

I go to CU, and your school sucks my ass. Every time i go there the parties are lame and full of stoned hippies laying on couches watching family guy. You Suck!

I made the bad decision of changing my mind at the last minute and coming to Boulder. I think I would be happier almost anywhere else. This reminds me of high school, dominated by cliques and self-absoprtion. People do what they need to just in order to get by. Alarming number of kids who fail out because of partying, which is ironic because the social scene really isn't that good. Don't come here.

After checking the same site for comments from ISU and NU students...all I found was a lot of griping about the classes being harder than they were in high school...poor babies.

By the way...ISU is responsible for the fax machine, atomic bomb, and the computer yet it still gets no respect.

But in all honesty the reason we are doing such a great job is simply we have an up and coming program. We have a stable coaching situation unlike you and we upset powerhouse Oklahoma which always helps.

and btw..even if we are a party school, at least all of our recruits have a chance at getting laid by a fine lady while attending our university unlike at Nebraska. Which rounds out my reasons.

Mountains, Skiing, and beautiful girls.

I heard the student relations dept. produced a video on how to approach the fine ladies at CU.

Unfortunately Jack Links stole the idea and called it "Messin' With Sasquatch." :lol:

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

If you wouldn't mind explaining, how is ISU responsible for the fax machine, atomic bomb, and the computer?

Atom Bomb

In 1942, a group of Iowa State scientists led by professors Frank Spedding and Harley Wilhelm developed the process to produce highly pure uranium. More than 2,000,000 pounds of uranium were produced at Iowa State for the secret Manhattan Project, advancing the nation's wartime efforts.

Fax Machine

In 1971, Iowa State electrical engineering doctoral student David Nicholas invented a process to more efficiently convert text into digital information. Facsimile machine manufacturers adopted the technology in the 1980s, making fax machines an office staple for business correspondence around the world.

Computer

The world's first electronic digital computer was built on the Iowa State campus from 1939 through 1942 by John V. Atanasoff, a professor of physics and mathematics, and Clifford Berry, an engineering graduate student. Principles used in the Atanasoff-Berry Computer are the basis of modern computing, and Atanasoff is now considered the father of the computer.

We also invented those big round hay bales….

Getting off this back and forth debate about CU and NU and ISU, it appears CU could be very good in the future. The problem is I think BO is going to bring us back, and you already got MU and KU on the rise. You have KSU with Ron Prince, and that could be a good thing for the Wildcats. ISU appears to have a very good coach. What you have in the future is possibly a brutal North Division that could be at least as tough as the South but possibly tougher. You could have a bunch of very good teams beating up on each other, and no one getting to the BCS. I see big time parity in the future.

Getting off this back and forth debate about CU and NU and ISU, it appears CU could be very good in the future. The problem is I think BO is going to bring us back, and you already got MU and KU on the rise. You have KSU with Ron Prince, and that could be a good thing for the Wildcats. ISU appears to have a very good coach. What you have in the future is possibly a brutal North Division that could be at least as tough as the South but possibly tougher. You could have a bunch of very good teams beating up on each other, and no one getting to the BCS. I see big time parity in the future.

What exactly has Prince done to make you think that? I think Prince has done an avg job at best for the kittie kats.

He's beaten UT twice in a row. He's been there, what, only two years? You have to give him more time than that, Blackshirtsguru. But I was talking about the North as a whole. I think in the future you could have six competitive teams in the Division North, and in the Big 12 as a whole, you may have Baylor as the only bad team. I see a lot of parity.

He's beaten UT twice in a row. He's been there, what, only two years? You have to give him more time than that, Blackshirtsguru. But I was talking about the North as a whole. I think in the future you could have six competitive teams in the Division North, and in the Big 12 as a whole, you may have Baylor as the only bad team. I see a lot of parity.

Prince is nothing but a blow hard, smoke and mirrors! He has compiled a record of a whopping 12-13! Hell he did worse his second year there. First year record: 7-6. Second year record: 5-7. I am sorry, I thought teams were supposed get better as time went on, not regress!