time to honor Solich?

np_husker

The university could design a garden gnome that looks like Solich and donate the money to a charity. He already looks like a garden gnome, so it wouldn't be much of a stretch.

:bonez:steam:steam:bonez

Uncalled for, Ebyl. Frank Solich may not have been a great head coach but he deserved better than he got. As a player, assistant, offensive coordinator and head coach he gave most of his life to the University of Nebraska. His teams took some beatings but if it hadn't been for the incredible run that TO had his last five years Frank could possibly still be our HC.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

It was a joke. Go take your meds.

Next time you try to make a joke it should be funny and not made at the expense of someone who is not around to hear it. Frank Solich's stature has nothing to do with his measure as a man. Now go to your time out chair and spend the next hour saying, "If I can't say something nice I won't say anything at all" over and over again.

>>>T_O_B

I'll always be thankful of Frank for putting so much of his life into NU Football, but having said that he took arguably the best college football dynasty in history and in 5 years made them a 16-12 football team.

Not the credentials of a great coach.

Um, so are you also saying Bill Snyder doesn't have the credentials of a great coach because he only won 4 games his final season? I mean, he did only take the D1 doormat and get them all but into the NC game a couple of times. Great coaches have bad seasons. I'm also thinking we played more than 28 games in 5 seasons. I guess that makes your argument look weaker is why it was left out?

I'll always be thankful of Frank for putting so much of his life into NU Football, but having said that he took arguably the best college football dynasty in history and in 5 years made them a 16-12 football team.

I don't understand how you got 16-12. 7-7 (2002) 10-3 (2003) = 17-10

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Add that together, 16-12. It isn't slander to say Solich's winning percentage in his last 28 games was damn near the same as Callahan's(57% compared to 55%).

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Add that together, 16-12. It isn't slander to say Solich's winning percentage in his last 28 games was damn near the same as Callahan's(57% compared to 55%).

Frank was nothing more than an interim coach at Nebraska.....there is not great record. If anything, he left a hint of scandle with his alleged affair with the student he supposedly got pregnant. So, what was so great that he needs to be remembered for? :nutz

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

lol thats reaching there (lets not count the wins but the loses and not mention that the one loss was to possibly the second best college football team ever.) I read it as one 7-7 year and the rest 9 wins or more. Do you really think Nebraska loses the bowl game if Solich coaches instead of Pelini?

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

lol thats reaching there (lets not count the wins but the loses and not mention that the one loss was to possibly the second best college football team ever.) I read it as one 7-7 year and the rest 9 wins or more. Do you really think Nebraska loses the bowl game if Solich coaches instead of Pelini?

Solich's last 28 games yielded a record of 16-12. Fact. There is no need to argue with it, so why bother? Seems pointless. Unless this is your hobby. dedhoarse

Last 2 games of 01 - 0-2

2002 7-7

2003 9-3

Frank was nothing more than an interim coach at Nebraska.....there is not great record. If anything, he left a hint of scandle with his alleged affair with the student he supposedly got pregnant. So, what was so great that he needs to be remembered for? :nutz

I think he was the first Husker ever featured on the cover of Sports Illustrated...Not a lot of guys can claim to have been on the cover of SI but Solich is one who can.