Our Starting WR next year

Let me start by saying i Love the Skers, as much as anyone. I want a return to the past, i want to be mentioned again.

That being said, Swift and Petersen, are great people, good WR, and experienced, BUT, if we want to be mentioned then they cant be on the field.

No team in America (top 25) will have a Swift and a Petersen on the field.

I love them as Huskers but to accomplish what every fan on the message boards say they want, then we have to see Paul, Holt, Henry and others in the lineup.

They dont have the experience but size and speed and athleticism at the WR position are whats needed, not good guys that wear NU jerseys.

In my opinion, Swift and Petersen dont see the field at any of the top 20 programs next year.

Hell in our own conference they wouldnt play at Tx, OU, MU, KU, A&M, OSU, TT................................That's just our own conference.

I certainly hope that we see a heavy dose of several new faces at the WR position

To return to the form we as fans want we need more than a couple of starting WR that are Possession Recievers with Change of Possession Hands

Hell in our own conference they wouldnt play at Tx, OU, MU, KU, A&M, OSU, TT................................That's just our own conference.

Alright, not to sound mean or anything, but...How the hell do you know if they'd start at those programs next year? Do you know every receivers intangibles at every program in the Big 12 or something? I'd bet money that they'd be able to start at KU and A&M alone, as KU's talent is at our level and A&M is a running team, not a passing team.

Swift has made some big catches in his career here and is a very dependable receiver who runs good routes. Because of Pedersen, we won the A&M game two years ago on the famous drive. Have you seen Henry, Brooks or Holt do what Swift and Pederson have done? You haven't, so how do you know that they'd be better, more athleticism is good, but if you don't have the knowledge and experience, then you will struggle too.

So, I find it upsetting that you feel the need to questions these guys physical capabilities on the field when they have put in their time and worked their asses off to be the best receivers they can be for Nebraska, and I feel perfectly comfortable with them in the game. I think they'll do great things for us next year.

Alright, not to sound mean or anything, but...How the hell do you know if they'd start at those programs next year? Do you know every receivers intangibles at every program in the Big 12 or something? I'd bet money that they'd be able to start at KU and A&M alone, as KU's talent is at our level and A&M is a running team, not a passing team.

Swift has made some big catches in his career here and is a very dependable receiver who runs good routes. Because of Pedersen, we won the A&M game two years ago on the famous drive. Have you seen Henry, Brooks or Holt do what Swift and Pederson have done? You haven't, so how do you know that they'd be better, more athleticism is good, but if you don't have the knowledge and experience, then you will struggle too.

So, I find it upsetting that you feel the need to questions these guys physical capabilities on the field when they have put in their time and worked their asses off to be the best receivers they can be for Nebraska, and I feel perfectly comfortable with them in the game. I think they'll do great things for us next year.

I am completely sorry that i offended you, i never onced questioned them as people or their effort for our football program. KU and A&M they play ill give you that. Top 20 teams they dont play, and dont say KU is a top 20 team they had a good year this year but wont be in the top 20 next year at the end of the year.

The young guns didnt get a chance to play under Cally, what the hell does that really tell us. NADA. now that cally and his goofiness are gone i think they will get a chance. Swift and Petersen played because they knew the offense better, thats it. Now that cally is not here and the receivers dont have to run exactly 15.3 yards and cut precisely at a 46.6 degree angle i think we will see the more gifted players get a chance.

I am not here to argue with you, if swift and petersen are playing i will cheer them on like anyone else, but until we get some actual quality at the WR position, we arent going to be a very good team.

Take the NC game for example. I saw some very good Secondary play from LSU but more visibly was the lack of athleticism in OSU WR that didnt allow them to separate and get open against man coverage. OSU wr are better than swift and petersen.

NU fans (myself included at times) talk out of both sides of the mouth. We want excellence and dominance etc etc etc but then we attach ourselves to some players and refuse to admit their shortcomings. Swift and Petersen are decent players, but i will almost guarantee that if YOU had the chance to form a team and you got to watch all the receivers for an hour and then choose your team that swift and petersen would not make your squad.

Now i realize you will come back and rip me and tell me hell yes you would take swift and petersen but you are only kidding yourself. I love them as NU players and dont want them off the team, i just hope that a majority of snaps next year dont have those two as the WR on the field

I'm not going to rip you, and you didn't offend me, the only thing I was saying is that I don't see how you know if Paul, Holt, Guilleyen (sp?) and Henry are better athletically when you've hardly seen them play. At least give Swift and Pedersen the benefit of the doubt. Swift had a stellar Freshman year, and has stayed consistent the years after. They aren't my favorite receivers either (because personally, I'm very excited about getting Henry and Paul on the field) but I'm just saying, don't discredit them as much as you are. Give them some credit.

Now that cally is not here and the receivers dont have to run exactly 15.3 yards and cut precisely at a 46.6 degree angle i think we will see the more gifted players get a chance.

There's a lot to be said for good route-running. It is one aspect of being a good receiver, and when it comes to that quality, I would argue that Swift and Peterson have a significant advantage over the younger receivers you mention. Especially when you try to run a passing game based on timing, in which the ball is thrown to a spot long before the receiver gets there. Marvin Harrison is not the most physically gifted receiver in the NFL, average at best, but he is an amazing route-runner and has impeccable timing.

Swift and Petersen are decent players, but i will almost guarantee that if YOU had the chance to form a team and you got to watch all the receivers for an hour and then choose your team that swift and petersen would not make your squad.

How can you be so sure of this? I'll grant that Paul, Holt, etc have an advantage in the athleticism department. But Swift and Peterson have an advantage in experience and understanding of the offense. I don't necessarily disagree with you, maybe those younger guys should end up starting next year with a better understanding of the offense than they had at the same time last year. But I'm skeptical of your confidence of this, which implies that athleticism should always win out over knowledge.