Where will the huskers be at the end of '08

markus

huskers bowl game  

106 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The 2008 schedule includes 4 teams that finished in the top 10: Va Tech, Mizzou, Kansas and OU. In addition we are playing a very good Texas Tech team (#22 nationally) and rising powers in Colo and Kansas St.

Thank goodness the fans on this board are mostly realistic (~80% for other bowl). A 7-5 record looks like the most likely to me, but I have high hopes that Bo & the Big Red will upset someone this year for a 8-4 record. The only upset I can think of in the last 4 miserable years was the Alamo Bowl over Michigan (Callahan's one bright spot).

Lets continue to be realistic and not burden the new staff with expectations that are too far out.

I voted for other bowl. However I think that the Alamo or Holiday bowl or possibly a BCS and a Big XII North Championship is within reach. We have the talent, we simply did not have ANY motivation and our defense turned me into a temporary alcoholic :wasted . With Bo and Co I really think we can beat Va Tech. Va Tech is not an offensive team, if we can minimize mistakes on special teams and avoid "Beemer Ball" we should be able to beat them. Not only that but Bo, Tim, Mike and John have all coached against and beat Va Tech this last year. Also out of the 4 top Ten teams we play 3 at home, with the fan base reunited and the energy that Bo has brought back in, it will be back to the good ole days of memorial stadium being a HARD place to play, the last few years just hasn't been the same. Our schedule sets up nicely for next year, before the debacle that was last year I was sitting back looking at schedules and thinking "08 will be our first year chance at a NC" now obviously that isn't in my head now, but still I think it's a good schedule. We have the athletes to play with anyone, the transition may not be all roses but win or lose as long as we COMPETE with everyone I will be one Happy Husker. I myself think we could go as bad as 6-6(however look A LOT better doing it) or have a special year and finish as good as 10-2, either way Go Big RED. :bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez:bonez

I dont know what bowl, but I expect to win 8 games, but not the north.....so where ever that puts us.

I'm guessing it would be like 05 - Alamo.

But I'm wary of that as well.

I know we all expect great things, but jeez. 5 people, thus far, have said Nebraska in the National Championship. :dunno

Of course I hope it happens...but yowza.

I don't know if that is blind optimism or sheer stupidity. I hope it's not the latter.

8-5 is a "reasonable" expectation. But to me, so is 7-6.

With our schedule, we should win 7 games. Eight, I'm satisfied.

Anything more than that, I'm elated...at this point in the Bo-process.

More than anything, I hope that those 5 people voting NU in MNC aren't representative of the population that, IF Nebraska goes 7-6, will want to run Bo out of town...Stay grounded people...at least for a bit.

I dont know what bowl, but I expect to win 8 games, but not the north.....so where ever that puts us.

I'm guessing it would be like 05 - Alamo.

But I'm wary of that as well.

I know we all expect great things, but jeez. 5 people, thus far, have said Nebraska in the National Championship. :dunno

Of course I hope it happens...but yowza.

I don't know if that is blind optimism or sheer stupidity. I hope it's not the latter.

8-5 is a "reasonable" expectation. But to me, so is 7-6.

With our schedule, we should win 7 games. Eight, I'm satisfied.

Anything more than that, I'm elated...at this point in the Bo-process.

More than anything, I hope that those 5 people voting NU in MNC aren't representative of the population that, IF Nebraska goes 7-6, will want to run Bo out of town...Stay grounded people...at least for a bit.

i see a 8 and 4 or 7 and 5 season, going to the alamo bowl, which would be wonderful, the end to both bo's seasons at nebraska.