Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish the Huskers would play Wyoming some time in the near future

I wouldn't mind seeing Wyoming come to Nebraska...but who wants to go to Laramie, where the wind never dies. :bang

i've been to laramie. it's not bad. and i would honestly drive out there just to take in the scenery.

:cheers Hack...you have been smokin' the sage brush on the way to Laramie if you like the scenery....there is nothing to look at but the sage brush after Sidney....

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

The same year our fans threw WATER bottles (not whiskey bottles, dude) your fans threw water bottles all over the field when you were losing to Oklahoma. And unless you missed it, we beat you 65-51 this year, and the series is tied 4-4 this decade, so unless your definition of "year in, year out" is "except for this decade," you're a little off. Of course, you used to beat the crap out of is year in year out, but that is the past. As in, the past you keep living in.

Honestly OU is our rival, just because the big 12 screwed the proverbial pooch, and we don't play them every year, you think somebody might have thought of that...

Anyways, Colorado really isn't good enough to be our rival. They don't have the storied tradition that OU has, and i think they're quite inferior...

OU isn't our rival their Texas' rival. I and just about everyone i know like OU ( that in itself eliminates them as a rival) I hope OU wins every game... except against us ( not something you'd wish for a rival). OU is our "traditional" rival (no one is arguing that) but with the birth of the Big 12 that rivalry died ( I know it's SHOCKING :o ), but you can't keep living in the past.... please move forward. I know some of you like to preserve our traditions, but in the process your preventing our program from developing NEW traditions (like rivalries with sCUm and Mizzou and black jersey's :) )

I know rivalries with sCUm and Mizzou can't compare to OU, but their as close as it can get.

PLEASE "TRADITIONALIST" HUSKER FANS MOVE FORWARD!!

"Traditionalist Husker Fans"

So, we should be like Clownahan, and flush tradition in the crapper???

Tradition, pride, these are the things that keep programs strong.

NO don't flush it down the crapper, let it float.... but buy another toilet (sCUm or mizzou?!! :dunno )

we can't get the OU rivalry back, but we can build another strong rivalry that we can be proud of and thats full of tradition 20 yrs. from now

If anyone here has ever gone to a Nebraska vs. Missouri game in Columbia...I'm sure you'll agree with me...currently I view Missouri as our "biggest rival."

I haven't been to one game there where some sort of violence wasn't thrown (literally) towards a Nebraska fan. And yes, I mean physical violence. I've experienced it first hand.

And, they've historically always given us a game.

That being said, I loathe Colorado fans. Don't mind Hawkins or their team, just their fans.

Coloradans seem to build their persona around their geographic location. What mountains have to do with college football (?) I'm yet to figure out.

Their entire fan-base is made-up of yuppies. You'll never see more North Face jackets and Subaru Outbacks in a parking lot than when you visit Folsom Field.

In short: #1 Missouri #2 Colorado

I just don't see Oklahoma as a rival anymore...

*on a side-note, some friends and I were in Fort Collins/Denver over New Years and we came up with a new game. It's exactly like "Slug-Bug", but instead of punching your buddy when you see a VW Bug...you punch him/her (if you're a dick) when you see a Subaru Outback. Needless to say, your shoulder is quite sore when you reach your destination.

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

The same year our fans threw WATER bottles (not whiskey bottles, dude) your fans threw water bottles all over the field when you were losing to Oklahoma. And unless you missed it, we beat you 65-51 this year, and the series is tied 4-4 this decade, so unless your definition of "year in, year out" is "except for this decade," you're a little off. Of course, you used to beat the crap out of is year in year out, but that is the past. As in, the past you keep living in.

Congatulations! You guys beat the worst husker team to come through Lincoln in over 60 years!! That being said, Colorado is still sh#t!! As i said earlier, your proudest moments in football history are No.1- beating undefeated NEBRASKA in 2001 at folsom and No.2- winning a tainted national championship on FIVE downs! That to me sounds like tradition. no matter how much you dont want to think about it we will always be the measuring stick, and you guys will all come up short! Maybe we could take a page out of your recruiting tactics and try and salvage our class by offering them women to rape??? This aint intramurals brutha!!

I haven't read every post, so I don't know if this was discussed, but you would think T.O. will try hard to get the OU game played every year. This should always be the last game of the regular season, even though that could mean playing sometimes two weeks in a row. With Bo and Bob, that should bring back the rivalry.

Funny story... I have a good friend born and raised to bleed husker red and he recently took a job out in Colorado Springs. This last fall he went to the Colorado vs. Colorado State game. He was wearing a Colorado St. t-shirt, and half way through the game he had to go to the bathroom really bad. Half-way drunk he ended up in a bathroom over on the Colorado side. Another drunk obnoxious Colorado fan got in his face for him being there, and my friend said "Woah, it's no big deal, I'm not even a Colorado St. fan, I'm a Husker fan." Then the Colorado fan proceeded to take a swing, and my friend dodged it and popped him right in the forhead right in the middle of a whole bunch of CU fans. Proving that the majority of CU fans are dumb as hell.

well, that story is two minutes of my life i wont get back...thanks for waisting my time. Of course your Hunsker friend dodged it and returned a blow to the head. All Husker fans are Chuck Norris likes. The next time you tell the story are you going to add a heal kick or something cool like that? asshat

Sorry guys... was at work, kinda typed it quick, also i'm not real good at story telling... but it is a true story from what my friend told me! :dunno

Plus, whats Chuck Norris like about punching someone in the face?? I was thinking something more along the lines of a George Foreman punch.

I haven't read every post, so I don't know if this was discussed, but you would think T.O. will try hard to get the OU game played every year. This should always be the last game of the regular season, even though that could mean playing sometimes two weeks in a row. With Bo and Bob, that should bring back the rivalry.

damned straight. make it so be tom osborne and barry switzer DEMAND IT!

well, that story is two minutes of my life i wont get back...thanks for waisting my time. Of course your Hunsker friend dodged it and returned a blow to the head. All Husker fans are Chuck Norris likes. The next time you tell the story are you going to add a heal kick or something cool like that? asshat

Heh..."heal" kick.... :) Is that where the Husker fan kicks you in the ass and suddenly your enlarged prostate shrinks back to normal?