Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I wish the Huskers would play Wyoming some time in the near future

I wouldn't mind seeing Wyoming come to Nebraska...but who wants to go to Laramie, where the wind never dies. :bang

I wouldn't mind either way, but for some Husker fans(from the Panhandle) Laramie may be closer than Lincoln, and we could sure use the extra butts in the stands.

And for the record I miss the annual showdown between Nebraska and Oklahoma.

Move to Lincoln...we have more Walmarts...and prettier cheerleaders. :sarcasm

We don't have a real rival.

:(

I agree. OU was a true rival. We can't just pick a team out of a hat and say that they are our rival.

Rival teams must:

1. Be Hated

2. Be Respected

3. Provide a good game regardless of records of either team

4. Play every year

Oklahoma was the only team that fit those categories. Mu, KSU, KU, and CU does not.

WAS was the key word in all that....and the most important qualifier is that they play us every year. Be respected...hmmm, that would leave out Colorado and KSU IMO. KU is on the way to building some respect, as is Missouri. Probably Missouri more than KU, as they may turn out to be a one year wonder. Missouri plays us tough most of the time...so....that means it has to be Missouri under those guidelines.

Missouri is the winner....they are our official rival from here on out...glad we are done with that...now I can pop open a fresh one and celebrate. :clap

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

"beating them year in and year out"...really? dont you have to actually beat them year in and out to make that claim. Dan Hawkins is right, Nebraska is a dump

He's a troll, ignore him

Funny story... I have a good friend born and raised to bleed husker red and he recently took a job out in Colorado Springs. This last fall he went to the Colorado vs. Colorado State game. He was wearing a Colorado St. t-shirt, and half way through the game he had to go to the bathroom really bad. Half-way drunk he ended up in a bathroom over on the Colorado side. Another drunk obnoxious Colorado fan got in his face for him being there, and my friend said "Woah, it's no big deal, I'm not even a Colorado St. fan, I'm a Husker fan." Then the Colorado fan proceeded to take a swing, and my friend dodged it and popped him right in the forhead right in the middle of a whole bunch of CU fans. Proving that the majority of CU fans are dumb as hell.

Its feel good stories like this that make me want to get out of bed in the morning.

I wish the Huskers would play Wyoming some time in the near future

I wouldn't mind seeing Wyoming come to Nebraska...but who wants to go to Laramie, where the wind never dies. :bang

i've been to laramie. it's not bad. and i would honestly drive out there just to take in the scenery.

I'm just wondering who decided that we were going to stop playing OU day after thanksgiving, and start playing those f'tards from Boulder...

That would be Oklahoma and the Big 12. Nebraska tried to keep the series going but Oklahoma did not want to have to play Texas an Nebraska every year.

I'm just wondering who decided that we were going to stop playing OU day after thanksgiving, and start playing those f'tards from Boulder...

That would be Oklahoma and the Big 12. Nebraska tried to keep the series going but Oklahoma did not want to have to play Texas an Nebraska every year.

That doesn't suprise me with OU's lack of testicular fortitude....

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

"beating them year in and year out"...really? dont you have to actually beat them year in and out to make that claim. Dan Hawkins is right, Nebraska is a dump

why dont you and Hawkins go bump weiners? you're a tool bag

That made me chuckle, thanks 249 :lol:

No Prob telling sCUm fans whats up is what i do!!

We don't have a real rival.

:(

I agree. OU was a true rival. We can't just pick a team out of a hat and say that they are our rival.

Rival teams must:

1. Be Hated

2. Be Respected

3. Provide a good game regardless of records of either team

4. Play every year

Oklahoma was the only team that fit those categories. Mu, KSU, KU, and CU does not.

Problem is-- I see NU/OU as more of a one way rivalry, specially these days.

OU hates Texas (RED RIVER SHOOTOUT) and OSU --- WAAY more.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_River_Shootout

Much more of a rivalry with them.

Time for this annual debate again huh?

Biggest makings of a 'rival'.

1 - Play every year. CU, KSU and MU we do, OU we do not.

2 - The emotion. Husker fans' blood tends to boil at the mention of CU and KSU. OU evokes memories. And most dont see to feel anything one way or the other for MU.

3 - The games must matter. A great deal of the north division titles have come down to NU and CU or KSU. MU hasnt been a player in the race until this season. For the Sooners, other than the 2000 and 2001 games( I am only counting regular season here, not the 2006 Big 12 title game), when was the last time something hung on the line? The 80s? OU was bad throughout the 90s. And the two games under Callahan we wernt good.

When you get down to it, as much as many want OU to be the rival, they really havnt been for awhile now, and as we dont play every year, it will only drift farther off. CU meets what most would think needs to be met to make a team a rival, even as many Husker fans are loathe to do so. Of the North teams, only NU and CU have any real wining tradition. No one else has won a National Championship. Hell only KSU even has a Conference Title to their name. The best MU has is 1 North division title, and ISU and KU have never been to the title game. Of the division teams, I would take CU over the others.

Due to difficulties beyond our control, ISU must decline the generous request to be your rival in order to better dominate you in the foreseeable future. Thank you for your concern...

Actually, I recall that the MU teams in the 70's were one of the Husker's most hated rivals. It wasn't the fact that MU was good (though they always seemed to play above their heads when playing NU) but more along the lines of they were one of the dirtiest teams in the nation. It seemed like every year the OWH was running a three page photo spread of a frame-by-frame sequence of an intentional clip, cut block or downright cheap shot delivered by some MU thug against an unsuspecting Husker...After OU, I think Husker fans were usually looking forward to a good Tiger lynching.

I wouldn't list CU as a big rival though...that's like having a rivalry with a bunny or with the winner of the special olympics or something....