Biggest Rival?

Biggest Rival  

116 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I voted mizzou, because for the last few years we've been alternating win/loss with them the most (who ever has home field wins) and both teams bring their "A" games whenever we play each other. I'm only 19 so the OU rivalry was practically dead when i started watching football (well, they sucked we were dominant... not much of a rivalry imo, then the big 12 was formed and the rivalry went down the drain).

Rivalry raking.... IMO

1. Mizzou

2. K-St. (I live on the boarder of Kansas)

3. sCUm

4. OU

5. Texas, and their not a rival I just hate them

OU beat the crap out of us mostly in the 70's and 80's. We owned the 90's and on out though....until the rivalry ended.

I wish we could play Oklahoma every year like we used to, then they would be our biggest rival once again...but since we don't, I have to say the Buffs, just because I hate their fans with a passion...even the so-called good ones, since they won't take a stand and make the low lifes accountable for their poor sportsmanship at games.

Missouri would come in next...and if Colorado would clean up their act, I imagine Missouri would be right there with the Buffs for being a rivalry.

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

"beating them year in and year out"...really? dont you have to actually beat them year in and out to make that claim. Dan Hawkins is right, Nebraska is a dump

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

Every once in awhile my neighbor lets his yappy little dog out and for 20 minutes we can listen to the little bitch (its a female dog) yap, yap, yap.

Always good to hear from you too B-Boxer.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:madash:madash:bonez

I wish the Huskers would play Wyoming some time in the near future

I wouldn't mind seeing Wyoming come to Nebraska...but who wants to go to Laramie, where the wind never dies. :bang

I wouldn't mind either way, but for some Husker fans(from the Panhandle) Laramie may be closer than Lincoln, and we could sure use the extra butts in the stands.

And for the record I miss the annual showdown between Nebraska and Oklahoma.

I agree with OU being a big rival (I live in Oklahoma), but to be a really big rival i think you need to play every year like we do with Colorado. I just think that they are classless like when their drunk fans were throwing whisky bottles and everything on the field in Boulder in 05. Its very satisfying to watch us beat the crap out of them year in and year out. Also Dan Hawkins saying" Our worst days as a buffolo are better than the best days as a cornhusker." The guy is an idiot.

"beating them year in and year out"...really? dont you have to actually beat them year in and out to make that claim. Dan Hawkins is right, Nebraska is a dump

why dont you and Hawkins go bump weiners? you're a tool bag

That made me chuckle, thanks 249 :lol:

We don't have a real rival.

:(

I think I have to agree with that. To be a good rivalry, there needs to be a mutual hate for each other. Like Texas and A&M. Like MU and KU.

CU is the closest to one though.

They probably hate CSU more than NU.

Funny story... I have a good friend born and raised to bleed husker red and he recently took a job out in Colorado Springs. This last fall he went to the Colorado vs. Colorado State game. He was wearing a Colorado St. t-shirt, and half way through the game he had to go to the bathroom really bad. Half-way drunk he ended up in a bathroom over on the Colorado side. Another drunk obnoxious Colorado fan got in his face for him being there, and my friend said "Woah, it's no big deal, I'm not even a Colorado St. fan, I'm a Husker fan." Then the Colorado fan proceeded to take a swing, and my friend dodged it and popped him right in the forhead right in the middle of a whole bunch of CU fans. Proving that the majority of CU fans are dumb as hell.

For me it will always be Oklahoma. I hate 'em and I love 'em. When they ended the annual series they may as well have ripped my heart out. Gawd, 1998 sucked... My father spent that last years of his life missing that game! That makes me so damned mad I could spit!

What I'll never understand is OU ditching NU in favor of Texas.. I mean they played UT every year as it was, and when the OU-NU game went away they replaced it with Oklahoma State. ANOTHER team they already played every year. I could believe the whole BS sandwich about wanting to focus on UT if they had moved that game to Thanksgiving..... but to be replaced with Okie State...The only plausible reason is they were tired of losing to NU all the time. And here comes the new conference with it's love of the almighty dollar and that Texas TV market. We just got SHOWED that they really didnt give a squirt about the north teams.

Man, that really hurts when you think about it. To smooththings over they just slip CU into the open space and say"Here's your new rival'....gee thanks... <_<

So here we are..a dozen years later and nothing has changed for me. We can't have OU back because they have OSU and UT. We can't focus attention on our other natural rivals, Mizzou and Kansas because they've got squared off against each other. If Iowa State were a consistantly good team maybe, but tthey haven't been. So like it or not we're stuck with CU. Might as well get used to it.

To tell you the truth, withou Oklahoma on our schedule I really don't see why we should HAVE to stay in the big 12. Maybe NU should go independent so we can play whoever we want. Back when the big 12 was forming an acquaintance of mine at the who worked at the Big 10 told me they were just waiting for NU to jump ship because they knew this would happen. They were ready to let us in as soon as we did. Do we think about that? If no OU, why not play Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State every year. Would it make a difference? They aren't Oklahoma either...

I just have no emotional attachment to any game we play now, until OU comes up. Nothing against any of the teams but I just can't get into the Big 12 as a conference. I will mourn the death of the Big 8 until the day I die.

So to all of you who come after me, I hope CU one days means to you what Oklahoma meant to me. God Bless you. Draw some blood for me.

Go Big Red! :bonez

For me it will always be Oklahoma. I hate 'em and I love 'em. When they ended the annual series they may as well have ripped my heart out. Gawd, 1998 sucked... My father spent that last years of his life missing that game! That makes me so damned mad I could spit!

What I'll never understand is OU ditching NU in favor of Texas.. I mean they played UT every year as it was, and when the OU-NU game went away they replaced it with Oklahoma State. ANOTHER team they already played every year. I could believe the whole BS sandwich about wanting to focus on UT if they had moved that game to Thanksgiving..... but to be replaced with Okie State...The only plausible reason is they were tired of losing to NU all the time. And here comes the new conference with it's love of the almighty dollar and that Texas TV market. We just got SHOWED that they really didnt give a squirt about the north teams.

Man, that really hurts when you think about it. To smooththings over they just slip CU into the open space and say"Here's your new rival'....gee thanks... <_<

So here we are..a dozen years later and nothing has changed for me. We can't have OU back because they have OSU and UT. We can't focus attention on our other natural rivals, Mizzou and Kansas because they've got squared off against each other. If Iowa State were a consistantly good team maybe, but tthey haven't been. So like it or not we're stuck with CU. Might as well get used to it.

To tell you the truth, withou Oklahoma on our schedule I really don't see why we should HAVE to stay in the big 12. Maybe NU should go independent so we can play whoever we want. Back when the big 12 was forming an acquaintance of mine at the who worked at the Big 10 told me they were just waiting for NU to jump ship because they knew this would happen. They were ready to let us in as soon as we did. Do we think about that? If no OU, why not play Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State every year. Would it make a difference? They aren't Oklahoma either...

I just have no emotional attachment to any game we play now, until OU comes up. Nothing against any of the teams but I just can't get into the Big 12 as a conference. I will mourn the death of the Big 8 until the day I die.

So to all of you who come after me, I hope CU one days means to you what Oklahoma meant to me. God Bless you. Draw some blood for me.

Go Big Red! :bonez

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

I've got your back BHR. I feel the same as you. There will never be a better way to finish the regular season than to have Nebraska play Oklahoma. The BCS/Big 12 and all the other changes that are being called for are just a load of crap.

>>>T_O_B

:bonez:cheers:cheers:bonez

We don't have a real rival.

:(

I agree. OU was a true rival. We can't just pick a team out of a hat and say that they are our rival.

Rival teams must:

1. Be Hated

2. Be Respected

3. Provide a good game regardless of records of either team

4. Play every year

Oklahoma was the only team that fit those categories. Mu, KSU, KU, and CU does not.