SIGNED S Mason Wald

huskers13

I doubt this kid will walk on for us. He had a chance to come here but sat on the offer too long, and now it seems to be gone.

fwiw, i also heard a rumor that Wald was on board a week ago, but the coaches were waiting on a decision from PJ before taking him.

i don't know if this is true, but it is possible.

post-2170-1202244727.jpgB)-->

QUOTE(Husker B @ Feb 5 2008, 06:46 AM) 305245[/snapback]

This guy is incredible. I just watched his highlight film at Rivals, he's one of the hardest hitters I've seen out of high school in a very long time. Seems to be a ball hawker too, which is nice. I'd love to see the things Pelini could do with the kid, and it would be nice to have a true headhunter in the secondary again, so these 5'10 WRs from Tech and KSU think twice about their slants and skinny posts.

Edit: mods, please merge this to the Mason Wald thread that is in the recruiting forum, thanks. Sorry, it's too early for me.

I am completely with you brother! I just watched his highlight reel on Rivals. Wow! Doesn't hit like a typical high school kid, that is for sure. Sign him up tomorrow boys!!

Ain't gonna happen. Besides can he cover? Cuz that video doesn't show him covering anyone. He waited too long and now there's not a spot left for him, even if he wasn't going to stay at home anyway. Don't get your hopes up, I like the way the kid hits too, but I just don't see him being a Husker.

Wald was more like our backups backup plan. :)

Mason did get an offer. He waited for personal reasons. He really wants to play for Nebraska. Things might still work out but I know that he will not walk on. If he doesn't end up at Nebraska it will be a huge loss for the program. He really is as good as his tapes. If he had gone to Hoover High School (MTV Two_A-Days) - Vestavia's rival school he would have been a 3 star at least and had a very diferent recruiting season. He also hasn't reached his full potential as an athlete. He could have really developed in Nebraska. Too bad if this doesn't work out.