Huskers in 2008

JGS30

Kansas at 10-2 in 2008! :lol:

It's a documented fact that every time Kansas looks like they are going to finally gain sustained respectability...they end up totally sucking the next year. Kansas has a two year cycle of success about every 10 years

1967 - 5-5

1968 - 9-2 Bowl Game

1969 - 1-9

1980 - 4-5-2

1981 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1982 - 2-7-2

1991 - 6-5

1992 - 8-4 Bowl Game

1993 - 5-7

Then, for some reason, there was a statistical blip in the cycle

1994 - 6-5

1995 - 10-2 Bowl Game

1996 - 4-7

After that...not a single winning record till 2005

2005 - 7-5

2006 - 6-6

2007 - 12-1 Bowl Game

2008 - 5-7 (my prediction)

Kansas football success is NOT historically self-sustaining...therefore, Kansas will find itself at or near the bottom of the B-12 North next year.

Historically Kansas hasn't had a QB like Todd Reesing or a coach as good as Mangino. KU will finish 10-2 my little cyclone friend. Enjoy fighting KSU for last place in the North.

Ha! Mangino! What's he got? An 18-30 record against Big-12 opponents since he's been at KU? A 37-36 overall record since he's been at KU? Ha ha! Keep on beating up on the likes of Florida International and Toledo because once conference play starts things look kind of bleak. What a coach...and don't forget the NCAA violations that took place under his watch. Mangino...the trailer park version of Barry Switzer.

And Reesing - the one hit wonder of 2007 - He's going to wind up in the "Where are they now?" catagory along with those other great KU QB's of history like Williams (95), Hilleary (92), Suerer (81), and Douglass (68). One year doth not a dynasty make.

ISU, meanwhile, is playing Kansas' schedule in 2008....all bread with no meat. We'll easily clean up the non-conference, Baylor, A&M, KSU and Okie State...throw Colorado in there too while you're at it...and we have NU, MU and KU all at home... Looks like a 7-6 or even 8-4 season to me.

Sorry Kansas...we'll wave to you as we go by...

Cyclone, you're so full of _$%^&___ your eyes are turning brown!! There is no way on gods green earth Iowa State wins 6 games. It's not going to happen. KU beat ISU 45-7 or was it 52-13? Who really cares at this point. Your team is garbage. I don't even know why I'm responding to your nonsense of a response.

Mangino won 8 National coaching awards this year. National awards!! How many has your sorry excuse of a coach won? He's taking your team into the toilet. There is no way you'll compete for anything but last in the North next year! LOL. I still can't believe your predicting 7-8 wins for ISU. LOL. Taht's the funniest thing I've read in years!!

Yes KU has to play at Norman, and yes I think they'll lose, but they won't lose to Texas or Texas Tech (both games in Lawrence I might add). Reesing has been dieing to get on the field against Texas (the team that snubbed him). Cyclone fan, you really have no idea what you're talking about. Finish above 500 next year and then you can talk, til that time please go back to your room because the adults are having a serious conversation.

\

Oh you're an "adult" what kind of nimrod comes on a Husker board and says we'll be 7-5 go back to your room put on your "rock chalk Jayhawk" shirt, cuddle up with your life size Mangino doll and quit smoking those funny cigarettes. Kansas played well last year but it was a fluke. Don't you think if people out there thought they were a new "powerhouse" they'd have a much better recruiting class?? Nebraska had one of its worst seasons in the last 40 years and we had a higher rated recruiting class.

We'll look forward to laying your boys out in Lincoln when the Blackshirts are officially back....throwing the BONES!!

I think the KU fan is pretty spot on. They get a lot back, established they could play with anyone this year. If they had figured out Reesing problems earlier with Mizzou, they most likely would have won that game.

History tradition does not meas squat on the field of play. Who wants it the most and works the hardest normally gets the job done. I think Kansas has been improving since the day Mangino got there. They have given us hell every year I know that. To think they will some how fall off the face of the earth this year is a little on the homer side for me.

I Just don't buy into the crap that we won for 30 years we are going to this year. For some reason the last 8 have made me see things a little differently. You can live in the past, as our previous staff did, or you can realize that every single team out there wants to get better and better, not just Nebraska. They have proven talent, we have proven losers. To think that will reverse itself instantly is crazy. Yes we will be better next year, if we aren't we have problems. But to think that Kansas becasue of past history will just tumble to the bottom is wrong. Mangino is building a strong program from the bottom up.

Kansas fans are no different than any of us. Just a different color uniform. They live for their team just like we do. I think his predictions are close to what everyone will predict. Rose colored glasses see things differently. I laughed when we spoke of NC's this year, Hypsman for Keller. Reality was we were no where near what we thought, and it wasn't just the lack of good coaching. We are not a talent laiden program, period. We are line with Kansas but we are not head and shoulders above them. Coaching they have the better end of it at this time. Not saying Pelini will not be a great coach, but he is totally unproven, his staff is unproven and his ideas are unproven.

I say we have a chance with KU at home. But my guess is they will come in and we will be the underdog as with any other major player. Talk does not get it done. Kansas has scoreboard on us period. Credit where credit is due. Just because it is red does not mean it is better boys. We should have learned that the last few years.

Cy if I told you I thought the Cyclones would win every game this year and the Big 12, I am sure you would get all pissy to. You would be pissing all over yourself laughing. You just have to think differently man.

Not true! I'd tell you to pass me the bong....

stay in rotation, I get the bong next!!

Hate to break it to you, but KU will lose to USF. Prepare to defend the option too.

I'm glad USF is on our schedule this year. It will be a good challenge going down to South Florida. Big game to get ready for a tough Big 12 schedule. The Bulls have a great QB with Groethe. We beat them 14-7 in "05"......Groethe was a Soph. He'll be ready for payback. I'm looking forward to it.

I think the KU fan is pretty spot on. They get a lot back, established they could play with anyone this year. If they had figured out Reesing problems earlier with Mizzou, they most likely would have won that game.

History tradition does not meas squat on the field of play. Who wants it the most and works the hardest normally gets the job done. I think Kansas has been improving since the day Mangino got there. They have given us hell every year I know that. To think they will some how fall off the face of the earth this year is a little on the homer side for me.

I Just don't buy into the crap that we won for 30 years we are going to this year. For some reason the last 8 have made me see things a little differently. You can live in the past, as our previous staff did, or you can realize that every single team out there wants to get better and better, not just Nebraska. They have proven talent, we have proven losers. To think that will reverse itself instantly is crazy. Yes we will be better next year, if we aren't we have problems. But to think that Kansas becasue of past history will just tumble to the bottom is wrong. Mangino is building a strong program from the bottom up.

Kansas fans are no different than any of us. Just a different color uniform. They live for their team just like we do. I think his predictions are close to what everyone will predict. Rose colored glasses see things differently. I laughed when we spoke of NC's this year, Hypsman for Keller. Reality was we were no where near what we thought, and it wasn't just the lack of good coaching. We are not a talent laiden program, period. We are line with Kansas but we are not head and shoulders above them. Coaching they have the better end of it at this time. Not saying Pelini will not be a great coach, but he is totally unproven, his staff is unproven and his ideas are unproven.

I say we have a chance with KU at home. But my guess is they will come in and we will be the underdog as with any other major player. Talk does not get it done. Kansas has scoreboard on us period. Credit where credit is due. Just because it is red does not mean it is better boys. We should have learned that the last few years.

This may be the most honest/non bias post I've ever read on here. Great take. I really like Bo. I think he brings an energy back to Nebraska that has lacked since "02". To this day I still think firing Solich was a mistake (Fun Fact- He recruited Joe Mortenson, current middle linebacker for KU. Joe was committed to Nebraska right out of High School, then Solich got fired and Calahan withdrew the offer to Joe. He wouldn't return any of Joe's calls, and had an assistant coach call Joe and say "You're just not Nebraska material" DUMB MOVE!

There was a huge article in the Lawrence paper last summer over this. I wish I could find that link. I'll keep checking on LJWorld. There has to be something. They always bring it up before we play Nebraska.

Hate to break it to you, but KU will lose to USF. Prepare to defend the option too.

I'm glad USF is on our schedule this year. It will be a good challenge going down to South Florida. Big game to get ready for a tough Big 12 schedule. The Bulls have a great QB with Groethe. We beat them 14-7 in "05"......Groethe was a Soph. He'll be ready for payback. I'm looking forward to it.

I live in Tampa, and will be at the game. Grothe was only a freshman when they played @ KU in 06. They've got some real speed on the team, and they only lost 1 offensive starter. It will definitely be a fun game.

JGS30,

I get hammered on here quite a bit for being honest and seeing what is real and not just what I want to see. I have been a Nebraska fan for over 50 years. I have seen the not so good, the very good, the we can not win the big ones, the greatest of all time and, where did we go wrong years. I have never bought into, " We are Nebraska We are suppose to Win crap. "

Since the money has gotten so much better in college athletics every program realizes that football is big money and they need to be competitive. Every athletic department, well except ISU, dumps way more money than they used to (sorry Cy).

Most on here have us winning a lot of games next year. I know we will see a different effort and attitude, but is there enough talent to make it work is the question. You can't grow corn or wheat without dirt or water. You have to have it all to get what you want. I still feel we are short on the talent side of the house to play with the big boys. I have pretty much since TO left. I think Cally improved the talent level quite a bit, but I am not certain he improved the dedication, loyalty, motivational level. That boils down to character. We saw a lot of quitters last year on this team. Pelini will need to weed those out and do it quickly. I think he will.

There is a difference between winning and wanting to win. Kansas has that winning feeling in their stomachs. Nebraska has a losing season in theirs. Bo will change their attitude, but he has very little control over changing Kansas, or Missouri or Colorado, VaTech, Texas Tech, Oklahoma next year. All programs that are on an upswing. We have a major job next year to be respectable. Being anything more than that is just icing on the cake. We make a bowl game next year, I will be very happy with the improvement.

I have learned over the years to respect your competition. Face head on and do the best job you can do. Never promise things you don't know you can deliver, and expect the competition to do everything they can to win. Winning brings confidence. If by some chance we are undegeated when we play you we have a good chance. If the losses are there that I expect we will have a tough road to hoe.

But that is why they play the games. I have never had a harsh word with a fan from another team. I have attended many many games at many major programs. I respect them and I have always received respect back. Some take what you have said as disrespect, I took it as an honest evaluation from a fan from Kansas. You said what you thought would happen. Again as we grow closer to next fall, my guess is that all the media and polls will be saying pretty much the same thing. And we as Nebraska fans will be screaming about how terrible ESPN or Fox or whoever gives us no respect. When we earn it we will get it. You have to do it first. That has been missing for quite awhile.

But I have hopes that Bo will get us back, but I do not think many will see what they are expecting this year. It is going to take some time. I know we will get 110% effort from Bo. He most likely has the tools to do it, but does he have the parts. By December 2008 we will know. Until then it is all talk and hopes and dreams. Mine will be red as yours will be blue. Good Luck to you guys. I really like Mangino.

Ya dude Kansas just had a cake schedule last year. Nebraska has a better shot at 10-2 than Kansas does. Kansas almost lost to KSU, Colorado, Texas AM, and lost to MU last season. Plus you have to play South Florida, Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado, AM, Texas, and Oklahoma which can all be losses, and Texas, MU, and Oklahoma pretty much being certain losses. To be honest we recruited better than you guys will a terrible season plus our defense will be much much better this year. I just like our chances over KU, epecially with a new coach and new attitude.

It's funny how everyone says KU had a cake schedule last year. It's not our fault you jokers are down!! You've been down since 2002. It's not our fault A&M wasn't getting it done. It's not our fault CU was rebuilding. It wasn't our fault CMU lost 3 NFL players before they played us. That's a lousy reasoning to say KU didn't beat anyone. They beat better teams than anyone else in the North so everyone needs to check themselves.

KU will beat South Florida, that's a joke saying they'll lose that game. You Husker fans are in loser denial yet again for the 5th year in a row now. I gave ya'll props and said I think you'll finish 7-5 and everyone is like "you're underestimating Nebraska" I must ask- How am I underestimating you guys??? You went 5-6 last year!?! 7-5 is a big improvement for a team that didn't win enough games to even become bowl eligible. I'm just saying every year you guys think you're alot better than you are.

I lost count of how many posters got on here and claimed Keller for Heisman and Purify for All-American Team. I just want 1 Husker fan to admit to me "Yes JGS30, we're down, and we'll be down for 2 more years until Bo gets his guys in". There is a reason Mark May and ESPN, and CFB News dog on you guys, it's because you all think your better than you really are.

Sometimes the truth hurts.

5 National Championships. Decades of Conference Championships. Hundreds of All-Americans. 3 Heisman winners. Need I go on?

Until the Kansas Jayhawks have accomplished ANY ONE of these things--- don't even come here hyping your one-hit wonder 'Hawks. WE DON'T CARE! Respect is earned-- and you haven't earned it yet.

Go have 40 years of winning records, or go to a bowl game for 3 decades in a row, and maybe you can talk. Sell out your dump of a stadium for 40 plus years-- and maybe you can talk. Win the freakin' conference for a change-- and maybe you can talk.

You're certainly not above us, so you look like a fool talking down to us.

I would also like to add anouther point on the down since 2002. outside of last year when was the last team KU had that was as good as our 2006 team? our 2005 team? our 2003 team? granted those werent some of our best years, but certainly not bad enough that a KU fan should make fun of.

like I said before, you have a good team, but dont get ahead of youself. we had a pretty good team in 2 years ago and by all estimations we were going to be a better team last year and than everything fell apart. granted mangino is a better coach, but the point is that you cant assume you will be right back to where you were last year. so I wouldnt be talking to much crap...unless you are talking about baskeball.

This may be the most honest/non bias post I've ever read on here. Great take. I really like Bo. I think he brings an energy back to Nebraska that has lacked since "02". To this day I still think firing Solich was a mistake (Fun Fact- He recruited Joe Mortenson, current middle linebacker for KU. Joe was committed to Nebraska right out of High School, then Solich got fired and Calahan withdrew the offer to Joe. He wouldn't return any of Joe's calls, and had an assistant coach call Joe and say "You're just not Nebraska material" DUMB MOVE!

There was a huge article in the Lawrence paper last summer over this. I wish I could find that link. I'll keep checking on LJWorld. There has to be something. They always bring it up before we play Nebraska.

http://www.nationalchamps.net/NCAA/college...es/nebraska.htm

If we had any D we'd have beaten CU, in '08 we will have a D(not great but respectable) and the game will be in Lincoln. Ganz will have a year of starting under his belt. We should beat the buffs in a tough game.

But the sched is hard. From Va Tech on we are looking at a lot of dogfights with Baylor in Lincoln being the only reprieve. I think we have a good shot at 8-4. The Va Tech, Mizzou, @ Tech string will be key. Gotta win at least one of those, two would be good, all three would be incredible.

I think we'll have a lot of close ones, depends on how those shake-out. A few scores can be the difference between 9-3 and 6-6.