Congrats to Huskerboards Own

For those of you who have a Scout subscription; Nebraska Walk-on: David Pillen

Excellent article, I urge anyone to take Scout up on their free 7 day subscription just for this article

It really is free... Ha I had a friend, who abused the free trial a couple times, same name, different card, different address, but yeah they IP banned him. Now he actually pays....

Congrats DP, I'm very happy for you man. You've busted your ass over the past few yrs and earned it. Now work even harder and you'll earn your Big Red stripes. I know you'll see the field, b/c you have character and fire. Best of luck, and enjoy it for everyone on the board that wishes they had the opp you do. GBR

• 3 weeks later...

David Pillen played fullback, defensive end, linebacker and long snapper for Coach Tom Stuart at Stephen F. Austin. The versatile Pillen forced 15 fumbles in his career and made 115 tackles. At fullback, Pillen carried the ball 23 times for 145 yards in his career. The 5-11, 230-pound Pillen is the son of former Husker linebacker Clete Pillen, who played at Nebraska from 1974 to 1976. David’s brother, Mark, is a junior on the Husker golf team.

Badass!

I don't know David but I do know his dad, Clete. I know his uncle Jim very well. Most of the posters here are probably to young to know the Pillen/NU legacy. Clete was All Big 8 as a linebacker and set records for tackles as previously noted. Uncle Jim started at monster (safety) in the late 70's and was All Big 8 and an Academic All American . He recovered Billy Sims' (Heisman) fumble on the Husker 3 yrd line late in the game in '78 to save the game and beat OU for the first time in TO's career. Sports Illustrated had a two page spread photo of Jim with his hands raised above his head holding the football after the recovery. I have an autographed copy. So David has just a bit of genetics going for him. Oh, and by the way, they are both very classy individuals.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks guys. Today has truly been an amazing day as well as a dream come true.

I was in a couple of classes with your dad in business school when he played at the 'U'. He was a serious student too and ran circles around me scholastically and physically. Keep a focus on the books too. Good luck to you in achieving all your goals.