RB Christine Michael

I'd say there is no way he ends up here. Texas or aTm will get him IMO.

How many more can TAMU take? They have 24 commits listed on Scout. Do they have one more slot open?

(Edit) one of the 24, Coryell Judie, is a JUCO.

Mr. Pete...

From my understanding, we (Texas A&M) can take 2 more recruits. Christine Michael plus another recruit.

Also, to my knowledge, we can take one more recruit on top of the other two I just mentioned. The one stipulation being they must be a December grad. We are hoping for 5* Safety Craig Loston (former A&M commit and current Clemson commit) to come back around to the Ags (which is certainly possible. He still really likes A&M). Hopefully, a committment from soon-to-be 5* Christine Michael could propel us back into serious contention for Mr. Loston. The kid would start for us RIGHT NOW.

Boy, a class with 5*'s Loston and Michael would guarantee us a top 10 class since a few of our 3*'s will likely become 4*'s. As you can imagine, we are getting pretty anxious down here in Aggieland.

A side bar on Christine Michael...

Christine went to the Florida Top Gun Prospects camp last week featuring the best players in the country and was considered the best back in attendance. His performance will likely award him 5* status. Right now, he is possibly the fastest rising prospect in the country.

How many more can TAMU take? They have 24 commits listed on Scout. Do they have one more slot open?

From my understanding, we (Texas A&M) can take 2 more recruits. Christine Michael plus another recruit.

Also, to my knowledge, we can take one more recruit on top of the other two I just mentioned. The one stipulation being they must be a December grad.

Thanks for the update. Actually Texas A&M just got a LB out of Louisiana, Jonathon Stewart, putting them at 24+1 JUCO so one slot remaining for Michael or another recruit and maybe one for a December grad. Are there other guys both Nebraska and Texas A&M are recruiting (that aren't committed)?

I think Texas might also be close to done as they do not have many Seniors this year and have something like 19 commits. Anyone know how many they are taking? (My searches of Texas forums yielded few results.)

Also, to my knowledge, we can take one more recruit on top of the other two I just mentioned. The one stipulation being they must be a December grad.

Thanks for the update. Actually Texas A&M just got a LB out of Louisiana, Jonathon Stewart, putting them at 24+1 JUCO so one slot remaining for Michael or another recruit and maybe one for a December grad. Are there other guys both Nebraska and Texas A&M are recruiting (that aren't committed)?

I think Texas might also be close to done as they do not have many Seniors this year and have something like 19 commits. Anyone know how many they are taking? (My searches of Texas forums yielded few results.)

I think we can still take 2 even with the LB Stewart commit. We should be done by the time the season starts since Michael is making his decision soon. The one recruit we will wait for is Loston.

As far as A&M and NU going against each other for a recruit, I think we're done competing this season.

Texas is also almost done.

In fact, A&M and Texas has already started on the 2010 class. We had our first class of 2010 junior day last weekend with the top 25 Texas prospects in that class.

• 3 weeks later...

Just FYI, Michael got his 5* status today and moved up to #23 in the country.

Is TAMU still actively pursuing him, even though they have largely filled their recruit board?

Does anyone know how LSU is regarding him?

Chances are looking good that he is A&M bound. :clap

He came out publicly and announced he will be making his decision between A&M and L$U by August 29th, his first game. He said he wanted to wait for the new rivals rankings to come out before he committed. Hopefully, if he committed to us, it will bring us added pub since he is now a 5*.

People are believing it's A&M b/c he has turned down multiple opportunities in the past month to go visit and workout with LSU. In fact, it is rumored that current LSU 5* QB commit Russell Shepard offered to take C-Mike to Baton Rouge and he turned it down. On top of all that, it's rumored that CM has a "noncommitable" offer right now. Basically, even if he wanted to commit to LSU, he couldn't.

More reasons why people are saying he's going to A&M is because LSU is actively recruiting Trent Richardson, 5* RB from Fla. Not to mention the fact that maybe the best back in the country for next years class, Lache Seastrunk from Temple, TX, seems to be an LSU lock. I believe he is originally from Louisianna.

All those things I stated could hurt LSU in C-Mike's courtship.

Anyways, it looks good for A&M as of right now. It also bodes well for us that he has committed to A&M twice in the past year.

Just FYI, Michael got his 5* status today and moved up to #23 in the country.

Is TAMU still actively pursuing him, even though they have largely filled their recruit board?

Does anyone know how LSU is regarding him?

If a player this good wants to commit you make room for him. Right now I think he's a huge aTm lean.

That's just what it's like these days for LSU though, they can literally pick which 5* back they want most and push the other aside.

I've heard both C-Michael and Richardson have "noncommitable" offers right now.

I hope you're right on the heavy A&M lean though. I feel the same.

It would be a huge blow losing him especially after losing Cody Green who was virtually a lock to A&M for over a year.

• 2 weeks later...

ESPN loves him:

Christine Michael (Beaumont, Texas/West Brook) is pressing for a top-five spot, and he is a back we are going to watch closely this fall for consideration. The Texas native is a very powerful, decisive, downhill runner. He can also beat defenses through the hole with his great initial burst. We love his sturdy body structure and great in-line strength needed to carry the load at the next level while providing the explosive burst to rip off a long run on any given carry.

ESPN loves him:

Christine Michael (Beaumont, Texas/West Brook) is pressing for a top-five spot, and he is a back we are going to watch closely this fall for consideration. The Texas native is a very powerful, decisive, downhill runner. He can also beat defenses through the hole with his great initial burst. We love his sturdy body structure and great in-line strength needed to carry the load at the next level while providing the explosive burst to rip off a long run on any given carry.

I've said all along after watching video of all the top ranked RBs that this guy is the one I wanted to sign the most. I think he has All-American written all over him.