Husker QB next season

np_husker

Talking about the quarterbacks

It's assumed by most that Joe Ganz will be the starting quarterback for Nebraska this fall.

But with Patrick Witt and Zac Lee in the fold, I asked offensive coordinator Shawn Watson if he thought Ganz would have more competition than some might think.

"I think Joe expects to (compete)," Watson said. "There's a lot of good talent here. We have some good players in Zac, Pat and Beau (Davis). And (new recruit) Kody Spano is going to throw a little spice into that to. That's just part of college football. That's part of spring practice. It's part of being fair and honest with your players. And Joe comes in with the edge because he is the guy that's been in there. But he's going to have to, and he knows this, keep working, because he's got a lot of good players behind him."

As expected, Watson said Ganz will "obviously" enter spring as the No. 1 quarterback. "You don't take that away from a guy."

And how big of an advantage is it that Kody Spano is already on campus in January?

"Huge," Watson said. "You're familiar with college. You're familiar with the system. It's not Chinese in August. It's Chinese in January. By the time you get to March, April, it's going to be the language you're used to, and you'll be working on honing up and refining all that, the things it takes to be successful in the offense."

I am sure we will see an actual QB competition this year. I am hoping Joe prevails because of all he has been through the past few years. He has definately paid his dues, however I do want the best man to prevail. I think Joe has the knowledge of the system that will keep him in the #1 spot.

May the BEST QB win!!

:cheers

GO BO!!

Totally agree, but if Ganz doesn't get the starting job, I'm going to feel sorry for him. I'm sure it would be a very bitter pill to swallow to lose last year, finally get a chance and have some success and then lose you starting job again. Unfortunately, those are the breaks....

May the BEST QB win!!

:cheers

GO BO!!

Totally agree, but if Ganz doesn't get the starting job, I'm going to feel sorry for him. I'm sure it would be a very bitter pill to swallow to lose last year, finally get a chance and have some success and then lose you starting job again. Unfortunately, those are the breaks....

I think all these guys realize that they have to compete for a job when they come in, then compete to keep it. The best players are what the fans expect to see on the field. Period.

We have some good players in Zac, Pat and Beau (Davis).

Which one of these is not like the other? <_<

Yea when I first read that quote, I was like "Oh damn, he's talking like Callahan already, including Davis in there." No offense to Beau, I appreciate his contributions, but I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing him on the field in any competitive situations, barring a catastrophe happening to all the guys in front of him.

Yea when I first read that quote, I was like "Oh damn, he's talking like Callahan already, including Davis in there." No offense to Beau, I appreciate his contributions, but I think it's safe to say that we won't be seeing him on the field in any competitive situations, barring a catastrophe happening to all the guys in front of him.

Bull! :angry:

Somebody has to hold the ball for the kicker....

Bull! :angry:

Somebody has to hold the ball for the kicker....

Reminiscing again Cy? :)