Husker QB next season

np_husker

I'm not going to be surprised in the least to see Lee beat out Ganz this offseason. It will be tough, because the team is behind Ganz and absolutely loves that guy. But the only true ability where Ganz has an advantage over Lee is how he knows the playbook inside and out. Lee, OTOH, gives us an advantage in how he will be able to stretch the field and the amount of zip he will be able to get on balls.

Will be interesting to watch.

I'm not going to be surprised in the least to see Lee beat out Ganz this offseason. It will be tough, because the team is behind Ganz and absolutely loves that guy. But the only true ability where Ganz has an advantage over Lee is how he knows the playbook inside and out. Lee, OTOH, gives us an advantage in how he will be able to stretch the field and the amount of zip he will be able to get on balls.

:yeah

GBR!!!

Ok, fine Lee is for real. So he was good in JC..good against JUCO players is one thing, good against D1 players is another. When have we seen him play against D1. I've beed to every spring game for the last several years and I haven't seen him take a single snap.

I would think if he really were so much better than Witt or Ganz he would have been Sam Keller's back up. As is stands the last depth chart I saw had Keller, Ganz and Witt in that order on it and as I recall Beau Davis was fourth. That would seem to indicate that Lee was fifth or worse.

Evidence would therefore suggest that this year Patrick Wit would be the number 2 guy, unless Davis or Lee just has a stupendous spring or fall camp. The Starting job is Ganz's to lose.

We'll see who plays this spring.

Ok, fine Lee is for real. So he was good in JC..good against JUCO players is one thing, good against D1 players is another. When have we seen him play against D1. I've beed to every spring game for the last several years and I haven't seen him take a single snap.

I would think if he really were so much better than Witt or Ganz he would have been Sam Keller's back up. As is stands the last depth chart I saw had Keller, Ganz and Witt in that order on it and as I recall Beau Davis was fourth. That would seem to indicate that Lee was fifth or worse.

Evidence would therefore suggest that this year Patrick Wit would be the number 2 guy, unless Davis or Lee just has a stupendous spring or fall camp. The Starting job is Ganz's to lose.

We'll see who plays this spring.

Last I checked....you don't put injured guys on the depth chart?? :dunno

Maybe because last year was his first year at Nebraska... and I believe he was injured in the spring...

Having the team behind you and knowing the playbook inside and out are some pretty good things to have in your corner when going for the starting job. I think Ganz looked pretty good last year and certainly had some mobility to help pick up some yards. I would agree with anyone who said his decision making was questionable at times, but I don't know if Lee would be any better. I think the competition this spring will be a good one to watch but I think Ganz will end up starting this year.

The O rolled with Ganz in there. I'd be shocked if he doesn't start in '08. His arm is average but he knows the system well. Plus his mobility keeps drives going and allows us to run some spread-option stuff.

It will be interesting to see if Lee or Witt can get a real leg-up as the heir-apparent.