SIGNED: LB C.J. Zimmerer

We seem to have placed an unusual emphasis on fullbacks in recruiting.

I think we are going after a LB in him. And Bo may think Fullbacks make good linebackers because they are speedy and like to hit

I don't know the merits of that philosophy, if that is indeed what he thinks. Since when were linebackers not speedy guys with a propensity to hit?

I believe that's what the previous poster is saying.

• 1 month later...

Getting some love from ESPN:

Recruit under the radar

C.J. Zimmerer, fullback

Daniel J. Gross (Omaha, Neb.)

Verbal: Nebraska

Although he isn't the prototype fullback in terms of size, he is a tough and explosive back who drives his legs on contact and attacks the linebacker on the isolation play as well as kicking out the defensive end on the off tackle play. He's a tenacious blocker who stays after the defender until the whistle blows.

As a running back, he is a strong and powerful fullback who hits the trap and dive with quickness and heads north and south instinctively. He can break tackles and run over would-be tacklers.

Zimmerer is a versatile two way player that could end up on the defensive side of the football as an inside linebacker. He is especially impressive in pass defense and is a great reactor to both drop back and play action passes.

• 2 months later...