Would you rather have a consistently top 10 football team or basketball team??

This is a no brainer....FOOTBALL!!!

Damn pumpkin pushers call basketball a sport. The wrestling team did pretty good this season....

Sounds like we have a wrestler on our hands..........the red headed stepchild of basketball.

Just kidding...had to take a little jab at you. It wouldn't be winter sports season if b'ball players and wrestlers didn't feud!! :cheers

I would have to say it is the other way around....I think they invented basketball so the fairies in the old time would have something to play when they were not strong enough to be in wrestling.... :cheers

This is a no brainer....FOOTBALL!!!

Damn pumpkin pushers call basketball a sport. The wrestling team did pretty good this season....

Sounds like we have a wrestler on our hands..........the red headed stepchild of basketball.

Just kidding...had to take a little jab at you. It wouldn't be winter sports season if b'ball players and wrestlers didn't feud!! :cheers

I would have to say it is the other way around....I think they invented basketball so the fairies in the old time would have something to play when they were not strong enough to be in wrestling.... :cheers

I'm pretty sure it was invented for dudes that don't want to roll around with another dude in a skin tight suit. :wasted

What's with all the hate for basketball?? Besides football, it's the second highest grossing sport in college athletics in terms of money.

The reason why the Huskers will probably never get a top tier basketball program is because people (like some haters on this board) completely shun basketball altogether because they think it's inferior to football thus, they won't support it.

Yes, football is a more exciting sport and I agree, it's more important to have a successful football program than a b-ball program, but it's a unversity sport that brings in money and should garner some support, especially from so-called "Husker fans"

And why exactly do you people hate it anyway? It's a fun sport to play and if you know what to watch for, it's very interesting to watch. It's almost like a live action chess game, movement and position is everything.

Put the basket at 15 feet where all have to be able to do the basics of the game. Dunking is fun to watch, but now nearly all are capable of dunking the ball. That is the reason we get run in the Olympics. We do not have the skills to play the game as it was supppose to be played.

I can watch college ball, but pro ball just plain sucks. Palming the ball carrying the ball and traveling are joke calls.

Nebraska spells football. If we should happen to have a top basketball team it would be fine, but it will never be on par with football at Nebraska, unless we continue the tumble that started 8 years ago. Time will tell.

Put the basket at 15 feet where all have to be able to do the basics of the game. Dunking is fun to watch, but now nearly all are capable of dunking the ball. That is the reason we get run in the Olympics. We do not have the skills to play the game as it was supppose to be played.

I can watch college ball, but pro ball just plain sucks. Palming the ball carrying the ball and traveling are joke calls.

Nebraska spells football. If we should happen to have a top basketball team it would be fine, but it will never be on par with football at Nebraska, unless we continue the tumble that started 8 years ago. Time will tell.

The tumble didnt start 8 years ago....it started when Callahan was hired.