Glenn Moving to LB

I didnt mean anything towards anyone, i'm saying Glenn is going to be laying the hat just like he did when we were in H/S. He was a force on D but was too important to our offense to stay on D too long.

I'm just saying be ready, he's going there to hit!

And Texas wanted him to play LB or Safety.

Do defenders read RB's *eyes*?

I read somewhere that you should always read hips, not shoulders (or eyes, I'm assuming).

I assume he was referring to the pre-snap "looks" that RBs give the defense before the ball is snapped. Linebackers, to my knowledge, are not trained to read the RBs eyes in this situation, as there is a lot of other things going on that provide a better indication of what the offense is doing than eye glances from the RB.

And yes, in open-field tackling, you are supposed to read hips to avoid getting juked.

Assuming this isn't an AFD joke, does this remind anyone else of all the I-backs that were moved over to defense during the late 80's and early 90's?

I remember when announcers would talk about one of our defensive players and say "he played RB in high school". It was like osborne only recruited RB's and then moved them to where ever he see fit. Kyle Vandenbosh played RB in high school then moved to DE.

I am intrigued by the idea, but I just wish he was a junior rather than a senior. It might take him half the season to really learn the position and stop making basic mistakes that a more seasoned linebacker wouldn't make. It is kind of like putting a square peg into a round hole...

Id say that the square peg is smaller than the round hole though, it fits the hole but theres still excess room (room to grow).

I am intrigued by the idea, but I just wish he was a junior rather than a senior. It might take him half the season to really learn the position and stop making basic mistakes that a more seasoned linebacker wouldn't make. It is kind of like putting a square peg into a round hole...

Id say that the square peg is smaller than the round hole though, it fits the hole but theres still excess room (room to grow).

I don't know whether this will work out or not but, we need guys like this on our team. His attitude will have trikle down effect on the other players. I am liking this move because it shows that Pelini is open to getting the best players on the field and unlike Cally not just the ones that are supposed to be the best. And as far as Glenn is concerned I hope he does as others have said "lay the wood" he deserves it after the injuries and the false promises.

Does Glenn still have a redshirt year available to him? That doesn't help for this year, but if he wouldn't be ready at lb this season anyway, give it another year to learn the pos. and come back ready to go in '09.

Interesting idea, though I doubt Glenn would go for it. I like the thought though.....