Had an interesting discussion with a few Arky fans

I don't understand how fanbases can forget the 90's. It just strikes me as ridiculous that we are now considered to be in the same tier as the Arkansas of the world. We have never dropped to Arkansas' level.

All these other "halfway decent" programs seem to think they can now put themselves in the same sentence as us. We are not "halfway decent." We are not their ilk.

I accept the fact that we had a down year, but people seem to have a problem recalling our string of titles, and that bothers me.

Wow!!!! I am having a hard time accepting how they can even think they belong in the same sentence as NU. I could see programs that have actually done something (Notre Dame, Michigan, USC, etc), but Arkansas????? I am not seeing any connection at all.

they remember the broyales years...but then again they just lost a nutt and hired a merc...

Arkansas fans are funny... This is just evidence of what kind of brain damage occurs when you practice ******. You lose your sense of history altogether. :nutz:rollin

I still crack up thinking about them doing the "woo pig sooey" chant when Petrino was hired. Anyone who does that chant and thinks it fires their team up needs help to begin with.

they seem to think that their program all time is better than Nebraskas(football).

and said they own us since they beat us once in 1965.

LMAO

They are 644-439, NU is 817-333 <--- Point Big Red

They have 11-22-3 Bowl record, NU is 22-22 <--- Point Big Red

THey have won 13 Conf titles (7 outright), and the SEC west 3 times

Big Red have 3 WIU, 12 missouri Valley, 29 Big 8 (24 outright), 2 Big 12 titles with 4 times the champs of the North <--- Not even close, point to Big Red

Arkansas 1 National Title, NU 5 <---- Point Big Red

IN fact, one could argure they were stronger in the 40's, 50's and 60 (se CFBDW), but that leaves 9 other decades in favor of the Huskers (Starting in the 1890s)

I have no skin in the game, but it is not even comparable. People need to be ignorant. If one is arguing across the history of the two, there is no comparison. The fact that they would argue that point shows they have no credibility and should be ignored. THere is simply no basis in fact for their opinion...

PS, KU is 2-0 life against them, so by their logic, we are better than them, of course 23-88 against the Big Red, so this sort of becomes a problem when this idiotic measure is called on to prove our historic greatness...

KU is probably closer to Arkansas in Historic greatness than Arkansas is to Nebraska.... so their argument is very bad.

Arkansas fans are funny... This is just evidence of what kind of brain damage occurs when you practice ******. You lose your sense of history altogether. :nutz:rollin

I still crack up thinking about them doing the "woo pig sooey" chant when Petrino was hired. Anyone who does that chant and thinks it fires their team up needs help to begin with.

That is why the birth rate down there is so low and they have a hard time populating the state...they are too busy playing piggly wiggly instead of spending time with sis.

No different then Iowa fan thinking the same thing. They always seem to bringup the one or two creampuffs that Nebraska has played over the years, but never seem to remember the fact that Nebraska has beaten them quite a few times.

My guess is that ARKANSAS fan brain might be fried after saying Pig soueey at every gathering. :lol: