QB Controversy

why do all of you get so defensive? Ganz should start, we arent questioning that. Wha we are saying is that our talent at QB right now is not good. Lee or Witt may evolve into excellent QB's but right now our talent pool isnt good. Ganz should start but that doesnt mean he is good, it means he is the best option right now and that sucks because he is average at best. When i asked an ex Div 1 coach if Ganz was good, his comment was "he is the best option we have" I asked does that mean he is good and the reply was "he knows the offense" I dont want to argue, but write it down now, Ganz will lose us at least 1 game next year but will not win us a game. HE SIMPLY IS OUR BEST OPTION RIGHT NOW

why do all of you get so defensive? Ganz should start, we arent questioning that. Wha we are saying is that our talent at QB right now is not good. Lee or Witt may evolve into excellent QB's but right now our talent pool isnt good. Ganz should start but that doesnt mean he is good, it means he is the best option right now and that sucks because he is average at best. When i asked an ex Div 1 coach if Ganz was good, his comment was "he is the best option we have" I asked does that mean he is good and the reply was "he knows the offense" I dont want to argue, but write it down now, Ganz will lose us at least 1 game next year but will not win us a game. HE SIMPLY IS OUR BEST OPTION RIGHT NOW

Ok...well I think I know what you mean on the last part, maybe not, but I don't agree with you. I don't care what you label him as. He has a lot of heart, knows the offense, and he's going to put up numbers. If you don't think he can keep us in a game or win one all year then you may be crazy. Also just because Ganz is our best option and we have two younger guys catching up, that doesn't mean our talent pool isn't good. The talent is there, it just needs to reach it's potential and develop. By next year we'll have a real qb race it will be fun to see who wins out.

Lucky threw a touchdown pass against us last year...maybe he should be this year's QB. I think he was 1 for 1 last year with no picks and a TD. That's better than any of those other wannabes...

Not that it'll matter once the Mighty ISU Defense gets done with them...they'll all look like tent stakes that got pounded into the ground when that game is over.... <_<

Worry about your own Qb situation. Hell if Lucky were at ISU then he'd probably be the front runner for the job.

Ok...well I think I know what you mean on the last part, maybe not, but I don't agree with you. I don't care what you label him as. He has a lot of heart, knows the offense, and he's going to put up numbers. If you don't think he can keep us in a game or win one all year then you may be crazy. Also just because Ganz is our best option and we have two younger guys catching up, that doesn't mean our talent pool isn't good. The talent is there, it just needs to reach it's potential and develop. By next year we'll have a real qb race it will be fun to see who wins out.

agreed, these same guys will continue to rehash the same argument over and over almost as if they hope that they turn out to be right. must be hard to be so negative all of the time!

why does everyone think he is just average?

he put up great numbers in all three starts last season and the 7 ints, most were because he was trying to get us back in the game.

if we can use our rbs mostly and play action and other passes in there every now and then, joe will be an above average qb I think.

Because some people are just never happy with anything... :dunno

Lucky threw a touchdown pass against us last year...maybe he should be this year's QB. I think he was 1 for 1 last year with no picks and a TD. That's better than any of those other wannabes...

Not that it'll matter once the Mighty ISU Defense gets done with them...they'll all look like tent stakes that got pounded into the ground when that game is over.... <_<

I think you're mistaking us for Kansas State....

Or having a Colorado flashback.............

Worry about your own Qb situation. Hell if Lucky were at ISU then he'd probably be the front runner for the job.

i am actually rooting for phillip bates at ISU, guy sounds like a pretty good qb and we let him get outta NE. :angry:

why does everyone think he is just average?

he put up great numbers in all three starts last season and the 7 ints, most were because he was trying to get us back in the game.

if we can use our rbs mostly and play action and other passes in there every now and then, joe will be an above average qb I think.

Thank You, someone finally agrees with me. Ganz did ok in his starts and hasn't shown me reason to think he is going to suck it up this year.

Sigh, Not another one of these posts. Ill agree with the few that say Ganz is average at best. Yes, he put up fantastic numbers last year, against very weak to average defenses and all we did in those games was throw throw throw. I think he will put up decent numbers this year and I'm not really worried about it but I can't stand the people who come in and say he is SUPER SWEET and all this other crap. He knows the offense very well and he has been in the lineup for four years. THAT is why is is the starter. If Witt or Lee had the experience and the offensive kowledge than they would most likely start over Ganz as I do feel that both have major plus's over Ganz as far as full out ability goes, but as of right now Yes Ganz is our best/most knowledgeable in the system.

Ganz has the most experience of all the QB's. That's why he will start. If I was new coach taking over, I'm not putting someone behind center because he may have more up side as the season gos on. Taking over a program like Nebraska, you better have a winning team to get things started, or your going to here it from the fans. Bo is smart enough to know if he puts a winning team out there, even if it only wins 7 games the first year, it's enough to get the fans off his back. No ones asking Ganz to take this team to the NC game, just get this program back on course and give the other qb's time to learn the system, and take us to a bowl game. "He can do that".

I think Lee will be a very good qb, once he gets some real playing time, but coming in as a backup late in games or with a big lead in the second half, not as the starter. Maybe Witt will be the man, just not this year.

GBR!!!

Why is Ganz so horrible?

He's a good QB, what is left to see?

We saw how Witt and Lee handled themselves in the Spring Game. And it wasn't close to how Ganz looked.

Ganz is FAST on his feet and can scramble well enough to keep plays alive.

The players trust him and have faith in him.