OT Joel Gray

Player: Joel Gray

Hometown: Lewisville, TX

Position: Offensive Tackle

Height: 6'6"

Weight: 288 lbs.

40 time: 5.1 secs

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Nebraska, Arizona, Louisville, Mississippi, Stanford, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kansas

Schools of Interest: Nebraska, Arizona, Louisville, Mississippi, Oklahoma, Stanford, Texas Tech, Virginia, Kansas

Favorites:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:

Big Red Report: :star:star:star:star #18 OT

Assessing the talent:

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 7%, still early on this one, NU just offered. But he does have family in Nebraska

What's worrisome is his "schools of interest" verses the schools that have offered. The lists are identical, except that the former also includes...Oklahoma.

I have to think that he has a desire to go to the Sooners given that. Could be a tough "get"...

Not to worry, AR.

That says "Okalahoma". That's not a real school. ;)

oklahoma isn't are real school either.

zIIIIIIIIIIng!

What's worrisome is his "schools of interest" verses the schools that have offered. The lists are identical, except that the former also includes...Oklahoma.

I have to think that he has a desire to go to the Sooners given that. Could be a tough "get"...

Yup, OU(or maybe Texas if they develop a mutual interest) could definitely change the outlook on getting this kid. But that goes for a lot of kids in the lonestar state. We'll get maybe one or two from that area that could've went to one of those guys. Hopefully in the future we are in a position to go toe-to-toe with the big dogs for a few more of the top recruits. Now most of our fights are for the guys the local powers pass-on.

A big season would help considerably in the recruiting dept. Our new coaches aren't much for snake-oil. They'll do better with real results to point to.

• 2 months later...

• 2 weeks later...

Top 2 schools are Stanford and Texas Tech.

F**K!!!!!! :angry:

Fork?

funk!

and please, don't get angry when a kid chooses another school.

honestly, if it was a choice between stanford or TT, i'd probably got to stanford for the education. unless you like pirates, then mike leach is your man.

Fork?

funk!

honestly, if it was a choice between stanford or TT, i'd probably got to stanford for the education. unless you like pirates, then mike leach is your man.

Yeah...because sometimes a pirate can beat a cowboy.

Fork?

funk!

I wasn't mad that he chose Stanford just mad that he didn't pick us. Don't be so touchy............. :dunno