ATH Ronnie Wingo Jr.

He's down to Oklahoma, Arkansas, and Missouri.

My guess is Arkansas and only based by the way he gushed about the facilities.

To quote another user on a Tiger board...

"You don't send your kid to St. Louis University High so he can go to Arkansas"

(St. Louis U. High is a rather upscale, private, Catholic/Jesuit high school in St. Louis)

(St. Louis U. High is a rather upscale, private, Catholic/Jesuit high school in St. Louis)

Of course, you can say that about Oklahoma and Missouri also.

Since he went to a Catholic/Jesuit high school I'm surprised Miami and Notre Dame aren't in the mix right now as well.

• 3 months later...

ESPN says:

Change to big back Ronnie Wingo's top five

Ronnie Wingo has removed Oklahoma from his top five and replaced the Sooners with Kansas, ESPN affiliate Web site CrimsonConfidential.com reports.

His other top schools, Missouri, Illinois, Alabama and Arkansas, remain intact.

He said of the Jayhawks, "Kansas is a team on the rise, and it's relatively close as far as driving distance."

Presumably Nebraska is out of it and given Tray's commitment not too big a deal.

Presumably Nebraska is out of it and given Tray's commitment not too big a deal.

On the other hand, a guy like him could come in handy:

Standout University High (St. Louis) running back Ronnie Wingo, Scouts Inc.'s No. 32 ranked RB in the Class of 2009, had a career night Friday against Vianney, as the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reports. Wingo, who will visit Alabama, Missouri, Arkansas, Illinois and Kansas later this year before making his college decision, rumbled for 403 yards and six TDs on the ground and also caught a TD pass in a wild 63-42 win. In the process, Wingo set school marks for rushing yards in a single game, career points scored (247 and counting) and single-game scoring (44 points -- seven TDs plus a two-point conversion).
  • 3 months later...

Thats kinda a weird committment, although I am really happy about it. Arkansas has three running backs aside from Wingo committed one a four star whos already signed, a 5.7 three star and a 5.6 three star. They must be playing him at receiver or tight end. If they are recruiting him for running back I wish we could attract more people who arent afraid of that much competition.

You'd assume then that he'd be a top ND recruit. If we're ever to compete with the likes of OU and Texass, we're gonna need players that fit this kid's mold; big and extremely fast. I think Bo and crew need to go to the JuCo's and find players that fit this mold just like TO and Solich did with Farley and DeMario.

I disagree, yes if they could get a juco like Farley or williams nobody would be upset, but I am really not a fan of jucos. You never know what youre getting for sure and they are most of the time here for 2 years sometimes three. I would rather just stick with high school kids from here on out, with maybe one juco a year. Don't get me wrong I'm not bashing your comment or saying youre wrong, just that I would much rather stick to high school kids and develop them. Plus I think it creates a stronger bond bt the incoming class if they are freshmen. The fact that they go through all new things together opposed to jucos already being a little more mature and have been there before. Might sound stupid, just my two cents.