Strength of non-conference schedule

I doubt that you guys willl be favored, at least by the bookies, simply because of recent results.

It will probably be the quarterback rotation again this year. It really depends upon which version of Glennon shows up that saturday, ACC championship Glennon or Orange Bowl Glennon. He does pretty well against conference foes, which does not bode well here. In any case, I doubt that Tyrod Taylor will be redshirted, though it has been discussed.

It'll be a tough game. We did lose a lot and are pretty young, which is tough going into a place like Lincoln. However, we do have talent and some returning starters that should get better. We do have a rather solid defense every year since 1995 thanks to our defensive coordinator. Anyway, it should be a good game. Good luck!

BTW, USF couldn't touch us.

the problem is, why wouldn't you schedule in this manner? All the press bitch up a storm when they get cupcake games like that, but then we go around and a team gets embarassed in an early game against a good opponent and it ruins the season and those same people penalize the crap out of them. If we REALLY want great nonconference games for every game, then teams should not be penalized as much for exhibition games. now, i don't think this is a great idea, because then you diminish the importance a loss has, which has already happened alot in the last five years. I'm just saying people have always scheduled in this way to an extent, and probly always will. Even TO said he likes to have a couple cupcakes and one or two challenges before playing conference games.

Its not like Neb has a great OOC schedule either. Outside of Va Tech

you have 3 creampuffs to beat up on. I think NU could be favored against Va Tech too, so.... yeah....

Creampuff? I resent that notion. Western Michigan is an upper level MAC team. There are easier more cream puffy games to be found in the MAC, which has a terrible lower division but the upper level teams will play teams very hard. Western Michigan has two BCS road wins in the last two seasons against Virginia and Iowa. Our team competes very hard in these type of environments and shouldn't be treated as if its an FCS school.

I think that when the year is over Nebraska will be able to say that we beat a Western Michigan team that won 9 or 10 games and the MAC Championship. It will look like a much better win than it does right now when glancing at the schedule. Kind of like the win Kansas had last year over eventual MAC champion Central Michigan.

Well it was a rough year last year for you guys; had a tough stretch and ran into some good teams. They'll get the memo this year. Pellini seems like the right guy for the job.

Thanks, I plan to be around some. Most other opposing fanbases are shut down for the offseason.

Well it was a rough year last year for you guys; had a tough stretch and ran into some good teams. They'll get the memo this year. Pellini seems like the right guy for the job.

Thanks, I plan to be around some. Most other opposing fanbases are shut down for the offseason.

Your welcome to stick around. You will find that there is know "off season" at Nebraska. :lol:

GBR!!!

I keep up my hopes that VT will come in a bit unprepared like they did at LSU in week 2 last year and get run off the field....somehow I don't think VT will let that happen again, and we're probably not quite on par with 2007 LSU....it's just hard for me to get that game out of my head because it was such an uncharacteristicly bad defensive performance for VT...

One guy's opinion (ArmchairGM.com)

It must be true. It was on the internet.

Kansas

FIU, August 30

Louisiana Tech, September 6

@ South Florida, September 13

Sam Houston St, September 20

One great game against USF doesn't make up for another season of scheduling down in every other game.

Kansas St

North Texas, August 30

Montana St, September 6

@ Louisville, September 17

Louisiana Lafayette, September 27

The Wildcats get a spot here for wussing out of an opening game against Fresno St, not to mention scheduling down in three games like their Sunflower State rival above.

Texas Tech

Eastern Washington, August 30

@ Nevada, September 6

SMU, September 13

Massachusetts, September 20

The best Texas Tech team in years will be playing one of the weakest non-conference slates. Embarrassing and sad.

He also had NU vs VTech as the 5th best non-conference game.

I will say outside of USF KU's non conference schedule is weak...but good god!! Have you seen the rest of KU's schedule!?! I think you're a little too hard on KU.

KU plays @OU, Texas, Texas Tech, @Nebraska, Missouri (@Arrowhead) and @ South Florida. Several websites have the Kansas schedule as the toughest in the nation. You may want to revise your comments. 3 cupcakes isn't bad, compared to what they'll face. NU's non conference scheduleis by no means harder than KU's. South Florida would beat V-Tech by 2 TD's. Virginia Tech LOST EVERYBODY from last year-accept of course they're crappy QB's. I think Nebraska will beat them.

What websites have KU's schedule as the toughest in the nation? I want see these sources!! And don't pull up some Lawrence Journal, Topeka Herald or Jawhawk Weekly. KU plays the same conference schedule that everyone else in the Big 12 plays year in and year out. Having OU, Texas, & Tech sucks, but it's still conference play. The topic was non-conference schedule and for that KU has a weak one.

One guy's opinion (ArmchairGM.com)

It must be true. It was on the internet.

Kansas

FIU, August 30

Louisiana Tech, September 6

@ South Florida, September 13

Sam Houston St, September 20

One great game against USF doesn't make up for another season of scheduling down in every other game.

Kansas St

North Texas, August 30

Montana St, September 6

@ Louisville, September 17

Louisiana Lafayette, September 27

The Wildcats get a spot here for wussing out of an opening game against Fresno St, not to mention scheduling down in three games like their Sunflower State rival above.

Texas Tech

Eastern Washington, August 30

@ Nevada, September 6

SMU, September 13

Massachusetts, September 20

The best Texas Tech team in years will be playing one of the weakest non-conference slates. Embarrassing and sad.

He also had NU vs VTech as the 5th best non-conference game.

I will say outside of USF KU's non conference schedule is weak...but good god!! Have you seen the rest of KU's schedule!?! I think you're a little too hard on KU.

KU plays @OU, Texas, Texas Tech, @Nebraska, Missouri (@Arrowhead) and @ South Florida. Several websites have the Kansas schedule as the toughest in the nation. You may want to revise your comments. 3 cupcakes isn't bad, compared to what they'll face. NU's non conference scheduleis by no means harder than KU's. South Florida would beat V-Tech by 2 TD's. Virginia Tech LOST EVERYBODY from last year-accept of course they're crappy QB's. I think Nebraska will beat them.

What websites have KU's schedule as the toughest in the nation? I want see these sources!! And don't pull up some Lawrence Journal, Topeka Herald or Jawhawk Weekly. KU plays the same conference schedule that everyone else in the Big 12 plays year in and year out. Having OU, Texas, & Tech sucks, but it's still conference play. The topic was non-conference schedule and for that KU has a weak one.

Kansas' schedule is tough, but it is not nearly as diificult as Georgia's schedule.

you have 3 creampuffs to beat up on. I think NU could be favored against Va Tech too, so.... yeah....

If you want to put down this year's Husker OOC schedule, go to the Pitt Panther message board and leave a message for the guy who made it. For future scheduling, we put our trust in TO

Yeah, I've seen and heard some great things about you guys.

That's sort of the thing though. I don't think that we were necessarily unprepared. It was the weirdest thing in that we seemed to be scared. We were hesitant and didn't get off the ball quickly at all. Glennon made the comment that he was scared and he and the rest of the team got eaten for dinner.

We had some weaknesses and they exploited them tremendously. We had two new players at two key positions, Kam Chancellor at Rover and Cam Martin at Whip linebacker, and they got abused all night long. They were a step slow and out of position, thinking instead of doing, and got burned repeatedly. One of our defensive ends had a tendency to not stay at home and that got exploited over and over again. We had a #3 corner, a former starter and star, become academically inelligible and the replacement #3 corners, along with the Whip linebacker, got destroyed in the slot a bunch. They got into the seams when we were in zone. We had trouble getting off of blocks and they did an excellent job. They had the personel to do whatever they wanted to and did. Plus, we kind of have up in the fourth quarter.

What was proved to me is that our young players, the ones starting this year, have the capability to be great and that our corners were for real. Not on a single play could it be said that it was one of the starting cornerbacks fault.

Creampuff? I resent that notion.

agreed. and some of my favorite coaches are in the MAC.

medium_coach-players.jpgsolichdruggeddruggedyep.jpg