Pretty good article.

Nebraska Rival Article

I thought this article was pretty good and brings up all the problems that we had last season and some of the problems we'll have going into this season.

Good article, but just about the same information as I have read a million times before. To summarize:

Offense was okay last year, offense will be okay this year. Defense was horrible last year, defense will be average this year.

Potential Stengths: Offense---Running back, Offensive line; Defense---Secondary

Potential Weaknesses: Offense---Wide Receiver, Tight end; Defense---Defensive line, Linebackers

There ya go!

Not a bad article. I believe that the performance of our D-line will define how the rest of the defense plays this year. If the D-line can generate a pass rush and keep our linebackers free most of the time I think that our defense could really surprise some people this year. On offense we need to establish the running game early on in games and stick with what is working. If opposing defenses can't stop our running game, then keep pounding them and only throw when we want to. A strong running game will help our defense too.

But, like we haven't heard all this before.

Not a bad article. I believe that the performance of our D-line will define how the rest of the defense plays this year. If the D-line can generate a pass rush and keep our linebackers free most of the time I think that our defense could really surprise some people this year. On offense we need to establish the running game early on in games and stick with what is working. If opposing defenses can't stop our running game, then keep pounding them and only throw when we want to. A strong running game will help our defense too.

But, like we haven't heard all this before.

Olin Buchanan-Former HS writer for the AAS (Austin). He moved on to cover A&M. He was a UT homer from East Texas that HATES NEBRASKA! I used to talk to him all the time. He is pretty accurate though.

When it comes to articles like this, my problem with predicting win-loss records based off a season like the last one is this: confidence was our main issue. The team just fell apart. Therefore, when you try to assess what this coming season is going to look like, you have to factor that in, and it throws a cloud over everything. How would the team have done under better leadership? What would it have done if it was playing at its maximum potential?

Good questions.

I for one am comforted by a few losses in the lb corps. Pelini's got Dobson building a leaner, faster D-line and they'll be playing in a new system which has more than proven its worth, even in terms of first-year success. Let's not forget that half our problem on defense was schematics. Cosgrove didn't know whether to sh#t or whistle. Talent wasn't really the issue. Our problems were problems that we expect Pelini to correct––he was hired to correct them.

I'm not saying we're necessarily going to see a miracle, but when your problems are attitude and scheme, not so much talent, those are the best problems to have with a guy like Pelini running the show.

But this is all speculation, extrapolation, hear-say and soothsaying. Nobody knows what's going to happen. Based on Pelini's track record, I'm fairly optimistic 8-9 games is within our grasp. If he's got wells of potential that nobody is aware of, ones that are waiting to be tapped into as a head coach, hell, it could be more. We'll just have to wait and see.